HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
RC51

vCash: 500
as far as a rental, If MB can give Kaberle or Weber or Moen or White not needed by the Habs then OK. No picks, no top prospects.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:27 PM
schumway2

Big rental? OK, let's see....hmmm, who could that be? LOL What a useless quote. The only big name available is Iginla. Like others have said, that would be against everything MB has said since he took the job.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:56 PM
shutehinside

Well so far Bergy has been very forthright and open to the media. He clearly said he wouldn't go all in this year and wouldn't give up any significant assets. That goes 180 degrees against what Ek is saying.

One of these people is reliable. One is not. I'll let you decide who's who.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Big rental? OK, let's see....hmmm, who could that be? LOL What a useless quote. The only big name available is Iginla. Like others have said, that would be against everything MB has said since he took the job.
Calgary wants their 2nd back

Old
03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Eklund: "Fans of the Montreal Canadians will have their most enjoyable trade deadline in years," a well-connected source in Montreal texted me, "The Habs are seeing an opportunity and not holding back. They will be very very aggressive...at least that's how it looks now...and they could be in on a very big rental as well. "
If the Habs end up getting someone that's 6'1 or over, 4th liner or not, he can say "I was right! They got a BIG rental!"

Old
03-22-2013, 10:57 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
To those saying Clowe and Murray, I don't think either would be particularly good fits in Montreal. Both upcoming UFA's, who are on the downsides of their careers, plus are extremely slow. Not sure I understand the interest. 2-3 years ago, hell yes. Now? Meh..
Thank god we have Dudley flying around. I'll be shocked if we **** up and get a bad player at the deadline.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:00 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Thank god we have Dudley flying around. I'll be shocked if we **** up and get a bad player at the deadline.
I hope he takes his time before becoming a GM again.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:30 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
and may I say damn that 2nd looks good right now

Old
03-23-2013, 06:09 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
OK, package the 2nd with whatever to get their 1st.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
According to hockeybuzz we're trying to get Morrow. I think he would be an amazing fit on this team, but if we're going to give up prospects and picks I would like to sign him too.

Maybe we have the advantage of his wife being from here so he'll want to sign here?

Old
03-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Dont Poke Subban

Quote:
Moen will be a beast in the PO
Thats exactly what ive been saying all season. We'll need someone like him in the POs. very experienced and won a cup before.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Johnny B Good

Just a quick trading question..

Lets say Ribeiro wants to stay in Washington, but they are not having the best year..And they see it fit to trade him for picks and prospects. Can they plan before the trade that the Caps will have a contract ready for him for the upcoming season? So the second his contract is up with the team he got traded to, he will sign back again with Caps?

Old
03-23-2013, 06:47 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
According to hockeybuzz we're trying to get Morrow. I think he would be an amazing fit on this team, but if we're going to give up prospects and picks I would like to sign him too.

Maybe we have the advantage of his wife being from here so he'll want to sign here?
I really hope that if we do go after Morrow that we don't lose any of our top prospects or picks. Everything I've been hearing (and seen on occasion) seems that he isn't the same player he used to be. He does have a ton of mileage under him, I just hope MB uses caution.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Eklund: "Fans of the Montreal Canadians will have their most enjoyable trade deadline in years," a well-connected source in Montreal texted me, "The Habs are seeing an opportunity and not holding back. They will be very very aggressive...at least that's how it looks now...and they could be in on a very big rental as well. "
1) That's Eklund

2) Bergevin has stated he isn't going to mortgage the future for a rental

3) We could use another depth scorer with size and physicality and a stay-at-home dman who is also physical and a shot blocker. Those won't cost much and the dman might be covered in Tinordi.

Habs need to add a little depth and go from there. If this season isn't a fluke, then we will be entering the start of our chance to be consistent cup contenders with a solid prospect group and 6 top 90 picks to bolster that group.

If the depth scorer can be a centre and good on draws then that's even better.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
and may I say damn that 2nd looks good right now
Things are going pretty well for our acquired picks. If the season stopped right now we'd have our picks plus 33rd (Calgary), 40th (Nashville) and 71st (Dallas).
I have to admit I'm rootin against these three teams without a single bit of remorse.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:02 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Hmmm...Eklund looking for hits again?

The only way we do anything big, is if the B's or Pens land Iggy...that might force MB's hand a bit...a big maybe...

Old
03-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Moen will be a beast in the PO.
I think this too. Don't understand why people are so keen to get rid of Moen just because he's had a slow first half of the season, yet think it would be amazing to sign the likes of Clowe or Boyle who have been terrible so far this season.

If Clowe or Boyle could be useful in the playoffs, why can't Moen? If he was on another team playing the same way, he'd be the kind of player we'd all want

Old
03-23-2013, 07:09 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
I think this too. Don't understand why people are so keen to get rid of Moen just because he's had a slow first half of the season, yet think it would be amazing to sign the likes of Clowe or Boyle who have been terrible so far this season.

If Clowe or Boyle could be useful in the playoffs, why can't Moen? If he was on another team playing the same way, he'd be the kind of player we'd all want
Moen just seems off...kinda weird, maybe he feels he is not getting enough TOI? But he can be a playoff beast...

Old
03-23-2013, 07:18 AM
doc lafleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Things are going pretty well for our acquired picks. If the season stopped right now we'd have our picks plus 33rd (Calgary), 40th (Nashville) and 71st (Dallas).
I have to admit I'm rootin against these three teams without a single bit of remorse.
+ a fan of Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton, fun season so far

Old
03-23-2013, 07:19 AM
habsfanatics

I'm fine with moen, he contributes to our depth and I don't buy the arguments that he is easily replaced by anyone.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:49 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Thats exactly what ive been saying all season. We'll need someone like him in the POs. very experienced and won a cup before.
If this is true, then I dislike him (Moen) even more. This tells me he is loafing during the season. How much is he getting paid to loaf?

Old
03-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Hmmm...Eklund looking for hits again?

The only way we do anything big, is if the B's or Pens land Iggy...that might force MB's hand a bit...a big maybe...
Talking about the Habs is the best thing for his site

Now that he is talking about the Habs it's pretty safe to assume the Habs aren't doing anything

Old
03-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post

Dallas are in the middle of a playoff race.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:05 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
those are some pretty sexy numbers.....im not sure whats gonna happen in dallas...newindyk(wrong spelling) is just as bad as feaster...we just don;t hear as much about it cause its dallas,....but man....shoulda been rebuilding since richards left. they are still in the thick of things as far as making the playoffs so i can;t see him dropping guys for picks now.//but damn....lotta vets on that team...gotta be the oldest team in the league.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:10 AM
TennisMenace

Not a fan of rentals (2 months only). No thanks.

Closed Thread