HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brendan Gallagher Calder Race Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 07:14 PM
  #1
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Brendan Gallagher Calder Race Video

Hey guys,


Few weeks ago I got premiere pro to try and broaden my skills with sales tools available out there as I just graduated from business last year. Started out doing a boring video resume and figured I could something a little more exciting so I made a video on Gally's rookie campaign so far (kinda why I jumped on this name when he changed number ). So yeah it's my first video so any tips or pointers you have are welcomed.. Hope you enjoy



Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:18 PM
  #2
Alfie Turcotte
Registered User
 
Alfie Turcotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Nice vid, good job !

Alfie Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:24 PM
  #3
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
thanks!

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:25 PM
  #4
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 50
Great work

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:53 PM
  #5
Mahleezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
I like it! I Gallylike it alot!!!

Nice work dude!

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:54 AM
  #6
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
thanks again

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:55 AM
  #7
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 500
Good vid. I put it up on twitter, hope you don't mind.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:02 AM
  #8
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Good vid. I put it up on twitter, hope you don't mind.
No share away thanks.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:07 AM
  #9
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****
 
Rbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: București
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
great video!

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:10 AM
  #10
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Hey guys,


Few weeks ago I got premiere pro to try and broaden my skills with sales tools available out there as I just graduated from business last year. Started out doing a boring video resume and figured I could something a little more exciting so I made a video on Gally's rookie campaign so far (kinda why I jumped on this name when he changed number ). So yeah it's my first video so any tips or pointers you have are welcomed.. Hope you enjoy


Total crap. Sorry dude, but true. Anyone could do this.

1.Tone down the music, or eliminate it. Music on you tube is always amateur, and always irritating. Just because you like the tunes, does not mean others will. Music is very very personal, and many many people out there have much better taste in music than you do. Believe it. If you need music, you are not a film or documentary maker.

2. If you want to tell me about Galla, then tell me and show me. Narrate, give me information, while showing me his play. Anyone can put highlights together. Why are you doing it? What have you got to say?

3. Edit. Give me highs, but give me lows too. Make me interested. Keep it moving.

I see no evidence of any of that in your video.

Look. I'll level with you: I'm an architect, and I got my early work absolutely shredded at school. I just go destroyed sometimes. A lot of us did.

If you want to be in the visual and media arts, you had better be serious, know your field, know the history, know the craft, and learn to take criticism.

BUT! You have passion! And that is all you need to start.

Do another one, I bet it will be better. Then do another one again. Repeat!

Good luck!


Last edited by bsl: 03-23-2013 at 09:20 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:14 AM
  #11
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Total crap. Sorry dude, but true. Anyone could do this.

1.Tone down the music, or eliminate it. Music on you tube is always amateur, and always irritating. Just because you like the tunes, does not mean others will. Music is very very personal, and many many people out there have much better taste in music than you do. Believe it. If you need music, you are not a film or documentary maker.

2. If you want to tell me about Galla, then tell me and show me. Narrate, give me information, while showing me his play. Anyone can put highlights together. Why are you doing it? What have you got to say?

3. Edit. Give me highs, but give me lows too. Make me interested. Keep it moving.
Yeah I had a lot more soundbites describing him from like Dave Stubbs and stuff I just had a hard time getting it all together probably because of the music and yeah a few lows wouldn't have hurt. But like I said first one and I appreciate the tips.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
  #12
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Nice vid!

To the guy that said it was total crap:

Dude, first of all, music is entirely subjective. I'm going to tell you this now because apparently you're unaware; you don't have better taste in music than anyone. Taste is subjective.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong OP, but this isn't a documentary, intended to be narrated by Morgan Freeman and aired on the BBC. It's a youtube highlight video.

Anyway, if you want to give someone constructive criticism, you shouldn't begin your post with "total crap"...

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:25 AM
  #13
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Yeah I had a lot more soundbites describing him from like Dave Stubbs and stuff I just had a hard time getting it all together probably because of the music and yeah a few lows wouldn't have hurt. But like I said first one and I appreciate the tips.
First ones are always the most fun but the toughest when it comes to criticism. A few years back, I use to do many and maybe my favorite took me about nearly a month to do. I liked your video.. could use some work here and there but thats normal for someone who just started

One of my favorites that I did back in 2008, I had done so much searching on the net for videos that were exactly how I wanted.. I got really lucky sometimes.. and then had some pretty ****** footage the other times. This was back then when there were hardly much HD videos available online. If I had time today, I'd love to do another one.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzdUzj3Ls4

Can't stress this enough. The music is so important in a video, it really helps set the mood.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:29 AM
  #14
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Yeah I had a lot more soundbites describing him from like Dave Stubbs and stuff I just had a hard time getting it all together probably because of the music and yeah a few lows wouldn't have hurt. But like I said first one and I appreciate the tips.
You have nothing to apologize for. I enjoyed your video BTW, but I would not let you into film or media school on it.

You made a video, most people never do that, and you enjoy it. That means a hell of a lot. Keep going. If you love it, that is all that matters, but learn your craft!

You cannot imagine how good it feels to get better and more knowledgeable about something you love, but it takes hard work, and pain, sometimes.

Cheers!

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:33 AM
  #15
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
First ones are always the most fun but the toughest when it comes to criticism. A few years back, I use to do many and maybe my favorite took me about nearly a month to do. I liked your video.. could use some work here and there but thats normal for someone who just started

One of my favorites that I did back in 2008, I had done so much searching on the net for videos that were exactly how I wanted.. I got really lucky sometimes.. and then had some pretty ****** footage the other times. This was back then when there were hardly much HD videos available online. If I had time today, I'd love to do another one.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzdUzj3Ls4

Can't stress this enough. The music is so important in a video, it really helps set the mood.

Yeah the biggest problem I had is I wanted to keep it to his NHL stuffs which has a very small sample and downloading everything off YouTube makes it hard to get the quality shots but yeah I really liked your vid.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:37 AM
  #16
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Nice vid!

To the guy that said it was total crap:

Dude, first of all, music is entirely subjective. I'm going to tell you this now because apparently you're unaware; you don't have better taste in music than anyone. Taste is subjective.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong OP, but this isn't a documentary, intended to be narrated by Morgan Freeman and aired on the BBC. It's a youtube highlight video.

Anyway, if you want to give someone constructive criticism, you shouldn't begin your post with "total crap"...
You are right. I was going to delete that, but decided to introduce our young guy to what he might face at school later. 'Total crap' is nothing.

I had drawings that I slaved on ripped off the wall by profs. There was one prof in France I heard of who pissed on student's drawings, although that might be an urban legend. So 'total crap' is not bad, it's in fact gentle.

Anyway the OP shows passion and effort, and I love that. I was just criticizing, in the proper sense of the term, and he will get a lot more of it if he goes down this road.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:01 AM
  #17
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Is Gallagher really in the race for the Calder?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 AM
  #18
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Is Gallagher really in the race for the Calder?
Why wouldn't he be?

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:38 AM
  #19
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Yeah I'm not saying he'll win it but by all accounts he's definitely in the running at this point in time

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM
  #20
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,116
vCash: 500
Gally should be in the Calder race, or at least in the discussion. The guy has stepped into the NHL and played like a consistent top six winger. I am just a huge fan of the way he plays. He causes havoc in front of the net, draws penatlites like flies, doesn't retaliate, doesn't yap after the whistle, just drives the other team fricking bonkers. Plus he can score. Love him.

Nice vid. Enjoyed it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
  #21
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,905
vCash: 500
Good video, I'd tone down the music a bit and maybe turn up the commentating, but it would be great if you did more of these!

It really shows how much of a warrior he is, in half of these clips he's getting hit by guys way bigger than him but he just doesn't quit!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
  #22
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Is Gallagher really in the race for the Calder?
Why not?

Although he doesn't have more points than Huberdeau or Cornarcher(2 pts less but also less game played), Gallagher is playing for a playoff team and he actually does have an impact in the success of the team. 33% of his goals are game winner, he's +10.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.