HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Talking about the Habs is the best thing for his site

Now that he is talking about the Habs it's pretty safe to assume the Habs aren't doing anything
I think someone makes a joke like this every time hockeybuzz is brought up. How come when it comes to Eklund and Hockeybuzz there's absolutely no creativity in the jokes? It's either "oh he said they're doing something? I guess we can assume the opposite" or "I bet he's running low on hits!". It's getting really boring having to read all these jokes over and over again.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:18 AM
NLHabsFan

vCash: 500
I hope we don't go after any rentals. I don't think the price will be worth it and the Habs are playing great. Wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry. Depth on defense would be nice, but we're not too bad in that area. All depends on Diaz' health. If it doesn't seem to be improving than it would be worth it to put out some feelers. Wouldn't over pay though. One aspect I think would be good to look at is a 4th line center. One who is strong at faceoffs and can play some PK. RH shot would be preferred but not necessary. I like White, but would like to see an improvement there.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I think someone makes a joke like this every time hockeybuzz is brought up. How come when it comes to Eklund and Hockeybuzz there's absolutely no creativity in the jokes? It's either "oh he said they're doing something? I guess we can assume the opposite" or "I bet he's running low on hits!". It's getting really boring having to read all these jokes over and over again.
Yet still far less stupid than reading his grossly fabricated and uninformed drivel that beckons this level or mockery.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I propose a "stand pat" thread. The best additions to this team are Bourque and Prust. Other scenarios affect chemistry and team speed which at the moment defines the team.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:48 AM
BLONG7

Could MB and his connection to the Hawks get used, to help both teams?? Depth deal?

Old
03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Fozz

I wish we could upgrade the 4th line center position for the playoffs. Nate Thompson would be an interesting (and realistic) option. Brings everything White does, plus some offense and minus the risk of useless penalties.

Last edited by Fozz: 03-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Andy

Clowe, Morrow, Murray...seems like we want what these guys used to be rather than who they currently are. All three have slowed down significantly.

Brouwer, Kopecky, M.Stuart, Boll would all be good fits...though I don't think there is anymore room in the habs top 9 for the former two.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Clowe, Morrow, Murray...seems like we want what these guys used to be rather than who they currently are. All three have slowed down significantly.

Brouwer, Kopecky, M.Stuart, Boll would all be good fits...though I don't think there is anymore room in the habs top 9 for the former two.
I like our top 9, but would like to see an upgrade at the 4th line C. I like Boyd Gordon: strong on faceoffs and a RH shot. Also a good PKer, which the Habs need. I know he does not bring the toughness some people here want but does bring a lot of other qualities.

Depth on D would also be nice but that depends on Diaz' health.

I'd prefer to see movements at the draft due to the team's chemistry this year.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Really hope MB trades for a heavy before the Boston game. No prust, and no white? We're gonna get creamed, and the goons are gonna come after Tinordi.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:34 AM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Really hope MB trades for a heavy before the Boston game. No prust, and no white? We're gonna get creamed, and the goons are gonna come after Tinordi.
After Tinordi? Who Cares? As if he couldn't defend himself. How about after Gallagher?

Old
03-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
Yet still far less stupid than reading his grossly fabricated and uninformed drivel that beckons this level or mockery.
Ou fancy words, you must be a very smart person.

The purpose of HFBoards is to discuss hockey, some people may discuss it differently but if you find a hockey rumour site to be annoying then don't read it.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:08 AM
jwolf

We just claimed Halpern off waivers

Old
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Or the team doesn't goon it with them and lights up Rask. That's always a possibility.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
One aspect I think would be good to look at is a 4th line center. One who is strong at faceoffs and can play some PK. RH shot would be preferred but not necessary. I like White, but would like to see an improvement there.
Wish granted. Halpern claimed off waivers. Great call on that one.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:49 PM
EveryDay

Still waiting for my HW fighter and my number 6 defenceman....Come Marc make it happen!

Old
03-23-2013, 02:09 PM
TheGoalJudge

I've always felt that you are better off playing your game instead of trying to play someone else's and failing.

To me, there is no point in acquiring someone to get his head beat in when you can just avoid the situation altogether.

It's like playing 1 on 1 with Shaq. I can pick a much smaller big man like Kevin Love and play Shaq's game or I can pick Stephen Curry and just shoot jumpers all game and win.

I always laugh when we see Gionta barreling into Chara. Why? What does this accomplish? To let Chara know you're there? He knows you're there. But you're like a fly. All you're doing is taking yourself out of YOUR game.

As long as you play tough between the whistles, you're fine. How many heavyweights did Detroit have?

I would take a team full of PK Subbans who play tough and agitate and DRAW PENALTIES. Emelin makes a hit on Seguin and Chara gets kicked out of the game. Isn't that good? Would you rather Emelin make a hit and get "defended" by some knucklehead like Bickell who gets tuned up and Chara only gets 5 minutes?

Boston's physicality only plays in their favour if you play their game! I'd rather just skate circles around them. In the playoffs, I'd rather have 4 lines that can play hockey instead of 3 lines and 2 goons who do absolutely nothing.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:19 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I hope we don't go after any rentals. I don't think the price will be worth it and the Habs are playing great. Wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry. Depth on defense would be nice, but we're not too bad in that area. All depends on Diaz' health. If it doesn't seem to be improving than it would be worth it to put out some feelers. Wouldn't over pay though. One aspect I think would be good to look at is a 4th line center. One who is strong at faceoffs and can play some PK. RH shot would be preferred but not necessary. I like White, but would like to see an improvement there.
We have a lot of picks... it is very likely to happen, I think..

Old
03-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Nedved

a 4th line of:

prust halpern armstrong

will be tough to play against come playoff time, real tough

Old
03-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
a 4th line of:

prust halpern armstrong

Prust halpern moen...

Moen as much as I want him gone is better then armstrong

Old
03-23-2013, 02:30 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
a 4th line of:

prust halpern armstrong

Put White instead of Armstrong and that's a good face off line. Put Lapierre instead of White and we probably have the best energy line in the league. Army isn't that hard to play against imho.

There's still some room for improvement...

Old
03-23-2013, 03:53 PM
sampollock

MB is looking to beef up, for sure.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:58 PM
le_sean

Really wanted Boyd Gordon, but it won't happen now with Halpern on the team. Maybe as a UFA.

Boll would be nice, but I doubt it happens. Therrien loves Moen and Armstrong, I doubt either ever gets scratched. Plus enforcers are pretty useless in the playoffs.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:29 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Really wanted Boyd Gordon, but it won't happen now with Halpern on the team. Maybe as a UFA.

Boll would be nice, but I doubt it happens. Therrien loves Moen and Armstrong, I doubt either ever gets scratched. Plus enforcers are pretty useless in the playoffs.
exactly a HW would be used for what 4 games the rest of the way. 2 with TO and 2 with riuns. HW aren t of much use at play off time

Old
03-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Habitant le colon

1st line : Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
2nd line : Ryder Plekanec Gionta
3rd line : Prust Eller Galchenyuk
4th line : Armstrong Halpern Talbot
Extra : Moen Dumont

Subban Gorges
Markov Emelin
Bouillon Tinordi
Kaberle Gervais

Proposal :

Raphael Diaz, Rene Bourque, Louis Leblanc vs Maxime Talbot, Bruno Gervais and Petr Placek

Waiver : White, Weber

Old
03-23-2013, 05:11 PM
DAChampion

So many of you are obsessed with the fourth line and 3rd defensive pairing. You really love tinkering with the role players.

Great teams are not built with role players, that is just media propaganda. Moen didn't win the cup for the Ducks, Niedermeyer did. Talbot didn't win the cup for the Pens, Malkin did, contrary to what the media says.

If the Habs are to genuinely improve, they will need to make a trade for an impact forward. Chris Stewart, Jaromir Jagr, etc.

Closed Thread