HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Garyboy

vCash: 500
Jeremy Bracco has some tremendous offensive instincts and is so crafty. Had 6 breakaways in his first 2 games at the OHL Cup today, and had 4 goals. He's such a treat to watch.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:56 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuuman View Post
Can anyone shed some light as to why Justin Kloos seems to be flying completely under the radar? 2012 Mr. Hockey in Minnesota, led MN high school AA in scoring 2 years in a row, currently 2nd in the USHL in scoring (1st in PPG's) and is currently a +25. What gives? He seems to have a very big upside potential - what (other than 5'9" and 177 lbs.) is the downside? Just curious for some thoughts.
Seen him live a couple of times in high school at Lakeville South. He was an incredible high school player and if he had better line mates I bet he couldv'e done a lot better. Trust me on this one.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP0RTSFANATIC98 View Post
Seen him live a couple of times in high school at Lakeville South. He was an incredible high school player and if he had better line mates I bet he couldv'e done a lot better. Trust me on this one.
I think his linemates have ALOT to do with his success this year. His line consists of Zach Stepan and Taylor Cammaratta. IMO he is the 5th best forward on the Waterloo team....also putting Stenglein and Hinostroza ahead of him.

I am not saying he isnt very skilled, because he is, but no way he puts up these kinds of numbers without these particular linemates.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
I think his linemates have ALOT to do with his success this year. His line consists of Zach Stepan and Taylor Cammaratta. IMO he is the 5th best forward on the Waterloo team....also putting Stenglein and Hinostroza ahead of him.

I am not saying he isnt very skilled, because he is, but no way he puts up these kinds of numbers without these particular linemates.
I agree with that. And those are some very good linemates. I feel like he was held back just a little at Lakeville South because of his subpar linemates and now you see what he can do with better linemates.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Neuuman

Quote:

Herbst20 - how many times have you seen Waterloo play this year?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:31 AM
herbst20

I have seen him twice in Preseason, and 4 of the 7 times during the regular season. I follow Cedar Rapids and with the close proximity of CR and Waterloo, I try to make it most of the games when they face off.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Neuuman

Quote:

I looked further into the stats, and based on the games you've seen (a relatively small sampling) I can understand your opinion. Kloos's stats against Cedar Rapids (in games in which all 3 have appeared) are far inferior to those of Stepan and Cammarata (in 6 games - Cammarata - 10 pts, Stepan 9 pts, Kloos 5 pts).

Kloos, Cammarata and Stepan have all been in the line up for Waterloo a total of 42 games so far this season. In those games, below are the stats (and they include the Cedar Rapids games).

Cammarata - 29g, 42a, 71 pts
Kloos - 24g, 47a, 71 pts
Stepan - 26g, 39a, 65 pts

Against Playoff teams (if the season ended today - 18 games):

Cammarata - 13g, 17a, 30 pts
Kloos - 12g, 19a, 31 pts
Stepan - 12g, 15a, 27 pts

I'm not saying that Kloos is better than either Zach or Taylor, but why does he seem to be the only one tagged with "riding the coattails" of his line mates?

Do you think it's possible that Cammarata's and Stepan's point totals are what they are because they play with Kloos, or is it just a one way advantage for Kloos?

Old
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

I think it's safe to say they all feed off of each other. All three are great players and I don't think any one of them is riding anyone else's coattails.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
poisondart
Rookie User

We'll have to agree to disagree on Kloos being the 5th best forward on his team. Steinglien has been almost invisible with Hinastroza out of the lineup so I think he's off the list. Vinny is their best player. Trying to rank Kloos with his line mates is difficult but there is no question that he and Stepan are far superior defensive players compared to Cammy. It should also be noted that Kloos plays in the middle and has far more responsibility in his own end than a winger does. As for the offensive stats I think its more symbiotic. They all benefit from being on the same line together. Stepan and Kloos do most of the heavy lifting and you don't really notice Taylor until he gets some time and space, when he does look out because there is no questioning his offensive gifts. Look at Waterloo's stats from a year ago and Camaratta led by a wide margin, so given the same opportunity no one else on the roster could keep up statically but Kloos and Stepan are right there with him, in fact at this point Kloos is averaging more points per game than anyone in the league. I do know this, at every level from peewee up Kloos has been doubted and all he seems to do is put up numbers.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:01 PM
herbst20

Well looks like we will agree to disagree about Kloos. He is very skilled but I would take the other 4 over him. It very well could be just my personal preference.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Rogie21

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Parker leaving may not affect a lot of BU recruits but it will certainly play a part in the decision of high end guys like Eichel and Askew. And while players should commit to programs it's a misnomer to act as if the coach is not a driving force of the program. They're not mutually exclusive factors and it certainly makes a difference. And while I would like to believe it, I doubt Parker was telling guys like Eichel he would not be there to coach them. Eichel was vocal about his excitement to play for Parker after his commitment. It's a nice thought but Parker's allegiance is to BU wouldn't have him being that honest. His departure may not be the only factor but it is most definitely a factor.
I have it on good authority that Parker has been telling recruits for the past couple of years not to expect him to be the coach for all their years at BU, and for those further out, not at all.

Askew and Robbie Baillargeon were at last night's BU-Merrimack game (photo)

Boston Hockey Blog retweeted this from Askew's father:"There will be no major junior ... Coach sealed the deal tonight."

Old
03-17-2013, 11:27 PM
yohockey

How do you ignore the U.S. TPH Thunder team that beat the Bairie Colts 3-0 and came back against the Marlies when they clearly could have folded?

O'Neill an NTDP invite, Wilkins and Alger top 5 goal scorers. Wilkins ripped a slap shot against Elgin in first period of their game from 30 ft. the goalie never saw + sick between the legs shot that almost tied game in end of game PP. Dude is Pete Maravich on ice.

TPH - Marlie highlights...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...74d1052a0a5d4e

Old
03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
yohockey

The US based TPH team played as a team with balanced scoring not one guy trying to ring up points. The team didn't have one practice but made it to the semis. Pretty incredible.

Compare with the East Coast Select Team that had a top scorer but went winless. Bracco great but what did Pearson (NTDP prospect) do against top talent? He played US AA all year. Many NTDP players need NHL family connections to be invited anyway.

Falconer was a cherry picker whose game was exposed by TPH and shut down. Marlies survived two 5 on 3s against TPH and also made too many mental mistakes to win the title against Oakville including from behind hit against TPH that resulted in game misconduct. Oakville definitely deserved title. it's a team game.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohockey View Post
The US based TPH team played as a team with balanced scoring not one guy trying to ring up points. The team didn't have one practice but made it to the semis. Pretty incredible.

Compare with the East Coast Select Team that had a top scorer but went winless. Bracco great but what did Pearson (NTDP prospect) do against top talent? He played US AA all year. Many NTDP players need NHL family connections to be invited anyway.

Falconer was a cherry picker whose game was exposed by TPH and shut down. Marlies survived two 5 on 3s against TPH and also made too many mental mistakes to win the title against Oakville including from behind hit against TPH that resulted in game misconduct. Oakville definitely deserved title. it's a team game.
Based on your history of posts, we certainly know who you where cheering for this week

Old
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
I have it on good authority that Parker has been telling recruits for the past couple of years not to expect him to be the coach for all their years at BU, and for those further out, not at all.

Askew and Robbie Baillargeon were at last night's BU-Merrimack game (photo)

Boston Hockey Blog retweeted this from Askew's father:"There will be no major junior ... Coach sealed the deal tonight."
Askew was in fact told that Parker would likely not be there for his years at BU, so that comes as no surprise to the Askew camp. Hearing he'll 100% be in Indiana in the fall.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:46 AM
William H Bonney

Jack Eichel has been rolling with the U18 squad. Ryan MacInnis and Blake Weyrick are also currently up with the team. It would be nice if MacInnis played in the IIHF U18 tournament with the rumors of him heading to the OHL after this year. Also cool to see two Californians in net.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Pond
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeissFC View Post
Have you seen Compuware play this year?
Yes sir I have. Didn't even make the semi's of the Michigan playoffs. Hallford (HB) played against Moore (BT) in the finals which were coincidentally two of the players I listed as higher producers than plenty of Ntdp picks....

Old
03-21-2013, 11:02 PM
William H Bonney

Team USA will name Minnesota's Don Lucia as their 2014 WJC head coach on Saturday according to Bob McKenzie.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:13 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

surprised about Lucia...what else does Housley have going on to prevent him for trying to repeat?? I like Lucia, but I think they need to be a bit more aggressive with their coaching decisions and go for some younger blood imo...

Old
03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Jack Eichel has been rolling with the U18 squad. Ryan MacInnis and Blake Weyrick are also currently up with the team. It would be nice if MacInnis played in the IIHF U18 tournament with the rumors of him heading to the OHL after this year. Also cool to see two Californians in net.
MacInnis is rumoured to be going to Kitchener? Does that mean the MacInnis' have to pay the $50,000 penalty to leave the NTDP early?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
MacInnis is rumoured to be going to Kitchener? Does that mean the MacInnis' have to pay the $50,000 penalty to leave the NTDP early?
I'm sure Kitchener will pay it.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Any info on Brady Hjelle's potential for signing with a nhl team?

Old
03-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
I'm sure Kitchener will pay it.

Al has to pay it, but I have a feeling its not going to make a significant dent in the family savings account

Old
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Any info on Brady Hjelle's potential for signing with a nhl team?
We probably wont hear much until OSU's season is done. They are playing in CCHA semi final right now.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
It was the rumor when he signed with the NTDP. Personally, I think he should stay with the NTDP to keep bulking up and then go the OHL route. We'll see though as things change. Who knows if the rumor was ever even true. But yes, if he did leave he would have to pay the fee.