HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
leafsfan1990

vCash: 500
I hate playing american teams in the playoffs, I'm guessing the games not going to be on tv?

Old
03-22-2013, 04:29 PM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan1990 View Post
I hate playing american teams in the playoffs, I'm guessing the games not going to be on tv?
Drive over the Bluewater and it is on Comcast Ch. 900. Or show up at the game and I buy you a ticket...Your choice. Good luck to you guys.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Sempron

wtf Jacko. Are you delerious or what. Why are you hanging Jp out to dry like that. Put Barrick in and save jp for tomorrow when we hopefully can regroup. how embarrassing

Old
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempron View Post
wtf Jacko. Are you delerious or what. Why are you hanging Jp out to dry like that. Put Barrick in and save jp for tomorrow when we hopefully can regroup. how embarrassing
i am thinking he was thinking about a comeback...actually just making that up. totally agree ... insult to a very good player... can't blame him if he pulled a Roy

Old
03-22-2013, 11:27 PM
WhalerBlue

JP played good. Everything in front of him didn't. He should have not been in net in the 3rd period at all. Why not give the back up some time when there is no harm, no foul so to speak. We kept saying this all 3rd period. Get the back up in and give him some time. The end result was not going to change. If The Sting expect to do anything in this series, they better show up and push back tomorrow at 7:05PM or this thing is over.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
StungbySting

Looks like it's going to be another year of losing to a team that is bigger and can skate...hats off to Mike Vellucci for putting this team together...the addition of Trochek should be enough for them to win the OHL Championship.

I wish JB moved Sarault, JP and Boucher before the deadline to speed up the rebuild that will no doubt start after game 4 of this series. Lots of holes to fill (#1 center and #1 goalie to start).

I'm still waiting to see what team between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Sarnia Sting will be the first to draft and develop a #1 goalie in their own system. Felix Potvin was the last goalie the have drafted and developed.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:11 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
Looks like it's going to be another year of losing to a team that is bigger and can skate...hats off to Mike Vellucci for putting this team together...the addition of Trochek should be enough for them to win the OHL Championship.

I wish JB moved Sarault, JP and Boucher before the deadline to speed up the rebuild that will no doubt start after game 4 of this series. Lots of holes to fill (#1 center and #1 goalie to start).

I'm still waiting to see what team between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Sarnia Sting will be the first to draft and develop a #1 goalie in their own system. Felix Potvin was the last goalie the have drafted and developed.
That was never feasible for him to move Sarault, Boucher and JP because before the deadline they still had Galchenyuk and Murphy on the team and there wasn't an NHL CBA yet. It's just a horrible matchup for Sarnia there's not much you can do.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:26 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That was never feasible for him to move Sarault, Boucher and JP because before the deadline they still had Galchenyuk and Murphy on the team and there wasn't an NHL CBA yet. It's just a horrible matchup for Sarnia there's not much you can do.
I remember reading a quote from Jaques that he was about to go onto the bench to coach (I believe it was trade deadline day) when he found out Murphy was done for the year. He said he wished he knew this earlier because he would have moved his vets.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:32 AM
massey

Quote:
Agreed,I sure hope JOCKO has some kind of decent excuse in leaving JP in the game last night.Like i didnt have a backup goalie or he for got his skates.Something like that. What an insult to a goalie who has been one of your best players all year.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:05 AM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
JP played good. Everything in front of him didn't. He should have not been in net in the 3rd period at all. Why not give the back up some time when there is no harm, no foul so to speak. We kept saying this all 3rd period. Get the back up in and give him some time. The end result was not going to change. If The Sting expect to do anything in this series, they better show up and push back tomorrow at 7:05PM or this thing is over.
I agree JP played well. Maybe there were a couple of bobbles that went it, but the # of goals in general dictates a goalie change. NO COACH allows a goalie to stay in net for 7-8-9-10-11 goals, especially when the poor guy has to put it behind him and go back in in less than 24 hours. They had their true back-up on the bench in Barrick so put the kid in for crying out loud!! I know he hasn't played since returning from his injury but the game was over anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to know what Jacko was thinking each time a goal went in? It is just unheard of! Even I know that and I am in no means anyone who would resemble a hockey coach. I am sure JP will rebound for tonight but he should have never been put in that position in the first place, when having any shot of winning one game against the Whalers depends solely on him having a great game.

Last edited by SarniaSting101: 03-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
krauss72

Jacques. What were you thinking? After all that JP has done for us this year you leave him in for that slaughtering? I agree, I would not blame that young man if he pulled a Roy. Why even dress Barrick if you have no confidence in his ability or his health? Unbelievable. Guelph pulls sparks Saginaw pulls Paterson as those coaches apparently understand the game a little better and respect there netminder more. Defence was non existent and that falls on JB from coaching to systems to player accountability to compete level. How about JB sit out a game and hand the reigns over to Trevor. While Plymouth would still be the dominant team I would bet on a much improved team effort and at least the lads would be playing for team pride. The And Trevor certainly would have respected JP enough to get him out of that ***** show. I don't know if I have ever seen such a classless move by a coach as what Jacques pulled on JP last night.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:53 AM
honey bee

We were wondering why the heck JP wasn't pulled after the second when the game was all but over, but I guess when your back up has not played in 3 months, there is your answer. Which brought us to our next question, why would you have that goalie as your back up?? Dawe should be the back up, plain and simple. He has played well for us when given the chance.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:03 AM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
We were wondering why the heck JP wasn't pulled after the second when the game was all but over, but I guess when your back up has not played in 3 months, there is your answer. Which brought us to our next question, why would you have that goalie as your back up?? Dawe should be the back up, plain and simple. He has played well for us when given the chance.
He would not have pulled JP no matter who was backing him up. Its not a case of Dawe being able to do any more than Barrick. No offense to Dawe as he bailed out a team in need, but he is sitting with a 4.74 GAA and a 8.71 Save Percentage. Sure Barrick was hurt, but he was still the signed back-up that JB chose way back when. JB clearly did not know what to do when the guy he thought would carry them through a great Plymouth team couldn't be invincible. JP is human and is not going to have a fantastic game every night and JB panicked.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Sempron

anyone miss any of these guys yet. alderson 28 goals 36 assists. ritchie 41 goals, 35 assists. kujawinski 17 goals, 31 assists. chiarlitti who was one of our best dmen now a +41. or hope who now shares the league award for lowest gaa. a change of scenery obviously did these guys a world of good. but all of these guys were ours. STING high end picks. all of which I think asked to be moved. and with gong shows like last night i guess i can't blame them. maybe we need to do a better job managing our assets and developing our players because our team would look a hole lot different if these guys were still wearing a STING sweater. and yes jb did have a short notice about losing galy and murphy but he did have a day or two to get the job done and start the rebuild process corectly. we could have really stocked the cupbord with assets from boucher, sarault, and jp. all of which i guarantee you wish they had a oportunity elsewhere for a long playoff run.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Sempron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarniaSting101 View Post
He would not have pulled JP no matter who was backing him up. Its not a case of Dawe being able to do any more than Barrick. No offense to Dawe as he bailed out a team in need, but he is sitting with a 4.74 GAA and a 8.71 Save Percentage. Sure Barrick was hurt, but he was still the signed back-up that JB chose way back when. JB clearly did not know what to do when the guy he thought would carry them through a great Plymouth team couldn't be invincible. JP is human and is not going to have a fantastic game every night and JB panicked.
sorry but i dont care if you have a 12 year old goalie on the bench as the backup. you dont do that to your starter. ever. i dont think it was panicking i think it was pure stupidity especially with a class act like jp. and i think youd be hard pressed to find many who think differently.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
I agree JP played well. Maybe there were a couple of bobbles that went it, but the # of goals in general dictates a goalie change. NO COACH allows a goalie to stay in net for 7-8-9-10-11 goals, especially when the poor guy has to put it behind him and go back in in less than 24 hours. They had their true back-up on the bench in Barrick so put the kid in for crying out loud!! I know he hasn't played since returning from his injury but the game was over anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to know what Jacko was thinking each time a goal went in? It is just unheard of! Even I know that and I am in no means anyone who would resemble a hockey coach. I am sure JP will rebound for tonight but he should have never been put in that position in the first place, when having any shot of winning one game against the Whalers depends solely on him having a great game.
JP made some good saves, but 4 of the goals in the 1st should not of went in. One goal they scored from behind the goal line. We wont even be in a game if JP continues to play like that.

First off, I made the comment going into the series that we will be lucky to win one, but if the ref's continue to be like they were last night, there is no chance we even win. That was some of the worst calls I have see all year. The 2 for head check was a joke. It was a deliberate elbow to the head. DeAngelo takes a hit in his own zone when the puck is already cross center ice for a couple of sec's and no interference call? WTF. The linesman being 2 feet inside the blueline, gets hit by the dump in and is calling the play offside??? Plymouth grabs the puck and comes down and score. Weak calls made on both teams. No consistency. What a joke.

As for coaching, why was JP left in the net. Made no sense. Why didn't the 4th line play more and also why didn't they not try and cause s$#t? The only chance the Sting have is to try and get Plymouth off there game.

Last thing, and a positive thing too. Damn the pizza was good again at CJ's and so was there beer. Damn, now I am hungry again.

Good luck tonight boys.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:33 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
anyone miss any of these guys yet. alderson 28 goals 36 assists. ritchie 41 goals, 35 assists. kujawinski 17 goals, 31 assists. chiarlitti who was one of our best dmen now a +41. or hope who now shares the league award for lowest gaa. a change of scenery obviously did these guys a world of good. but all of these guys were ours. STING high end picks. all of which I think asked to be moved. and with gong shows like last night i guess i can't blame them. maybe we need to do a better job managing our assets and developing our players because our team would look a hole lot different if these guys were still wearing a STING sweater. and yes jb did have a short notice about losing galy and murphy but he did have a day or two to get the job done and start the rebuild process corectly. we could have really stocked the cupbord with assets from boucher, sarault, and jp. all of which i guarantee you wish they had a oportunity elsewhere for a long playoff run.
Alderson and Ritchie were way too inconsistent. Kujawinski was traded to try and go for it last year. At the time of the trade, it was a good move.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
truestingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
JP made some good saves, but 4 of the goals in the 1st should not of went in. One goal they scored from behind the goal line. We wont even be in a game if JP continues to play like that.

First off, I made the comment going into the series that we will be lucky to win one, but if the ref's continue to be like they were last night, there is no chance we even win. That was some of the worst calls I have see all year. The 2 for head check was a joke. It was a deliberate elbow to the head. DeAngelo takes a hit in his own zone when the puck is already cross center ice for a couple of sec's and no interference call? WTF. The linesman being 2 feet inside the blueline, gets hit by the dump in and is calling the play offside??? Plymouth grabs the puck and comes down and score. Weak calls made on both teams. No consistency. What a joke.

As for coaching, why was JP left in the net. Made no sense. Why didn't the 4th line play more and also why didn't they not try and cause s$#t? The only chance the Sting have is to try and get Plymouth off there game.

Last thing, and a positive thing too. Damn the pizza was good again at CJ's and so was there beer. Damn, now I am hungry again.

Good luck tonight boys.
good post. With Gally and Murphy in the lineup, Sting was first in division, 2nd in conference and honorable mention in CHL top 10. Losing both was costly. No one at the Sting believed they would loose Gally after he lost a whole year last year due to injury and Murphy got hurt during gold metal game but not diagnosed until he got back. Talk about bad luck!

As for JP, he wasn't ready to play. 5 goals in the first 15 shots....not going to win anything with that goaltending.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:30 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestingfan View Post
As for JP, he wasn't ready to play. 5 goals in the first 15 shots....not going to win anything with that goaltending.
Did JP tell you he wasn't ready to play? I get so annoyed when people claim to know this type of information when they clearly don't. He obviously didn't stand on his head or have the game of his life, but he is human. Do you ever go to to work and have a bad day or make a few mistakes??

Old
03-23-2013, 12:58 PM
krauss72

Quote:
Did JP tell you he wasn't ready to play? I get so annoyed when people claim to know this type of information when they clearly don't. He obviously didn't stand on his head or have the game of his life, but he is human. Do you ever go to to work and have a bad day or make a few mistakes??
Switch the two goalies who played last night and the result would have been the same. The team in front of the two netminders was the difference. Regardless Jacko leaving any starter in for the duration during that kind of shellacking is a total joke and disrespects the goalie the team and the organization.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:23 PM
truestingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
Switch the two goalies who played last night and the result would have been the same. The team in front of the two netminders was the difference. Regardless Jacko leaving any starter in for the duration during that kind of shellacking is a total joke and disrespects the goalie the team and the organization.
5 goals in fifteen shots...all weak goals. The game was over after first period. Dawe should have been the backup and yes Dawe should have gotten the nod after the first period. I don't care what players were on the ice. With that kind of goaltending you won't win. JP was terrible! just my opinion.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 50
Quote:
5 goals in fifteen shots...all weak goals. The game was over after first period. Dawe should have been the backup and yes Dawe should have gotten the nod after the first period. I don't care what players were on the ice. With that kind of goaltending you won't win. JP was terrible! just my opinion.
A little confused here. What would the difference have been if Dawe had gotten the backup nod instead of Barrick? Jacques wasn't planning on putting the backup in, so what is there to suggest that Dawe would have been a better choice to sit on the bench than Barrick? Yes, JP should have been pulled, but Jacques has said that Brodie is the future for the Sting. Makes sense for him to be the relief option then, especially if he is completely healthy and game ready.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
You must truly be a goalie genius or Knick Dawe's parent! Either way, your opinion is not worth even debating. Enjoy the game tonight. Knick Dawe will be the back-up, which I am sure you already know. When JP decides not to show up or try, and play a terrible game, then I am sure you will get to see your boy play!

Old
03-23-2013, 06:12 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
I agree, people have bad days. That being said, the only chance for the Sting to win is JP has to be on his game. Last night he wasn't. Hopefully that changes tonight.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:24 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post

Good luck tonight boys.
Just a little addition to my rant about the ref's and the 2 min penalty for head check.

PLY Matthew Mistele Mar. 22 TBA Indefinite

Still confused on how it was only 2 min. THE REF THAT CALLED THE PENALTY SAW THE HIT. It was deliberate. What a joke.

Closed Thread