HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Old
03-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Price most definitely won't be a Vezina finalist.
I can't imagine Anderson will be, he's been out forever and doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon.

Rinne, Rask, Fasth, Crawford, Lehtonen, who else?

No reason to think if Price finishes strong he won't be a finalist, for me anyway.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:47 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
i thought so too, but then except for Rask, who else? Crawford (if he gets enough games till the end of season) Anderson probably wont get enough games. Bobrovsky? no ones really shining this season, if any of those names are possible candidates, i think price is too..

PK for Norris (to say on topic )

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:50 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
I noticed this too, usually pk is all smiles after a win.
Probably MT being an ******* for no reason, guy better smarten up other then maybe price pk is the best player on the team, the kinda player that can go to the gm and say me or the coach

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Not sure if this was posted yet, I love the part about responding like a "true leader"

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl

#Habs Therrien says Subban "responded like a true leader" after his mistake in OT on Tuesday night. Two goals @ NYI spoke volumes.

#Habs Subban on Therrien's comments following OT loss to Buf: "If you take a bad penalty in OT, you have to face the consequences."

#Habs Subban on Therrien: "He's been great for me. I've enjoyed playing for him... I'm getting better everyday."

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I wouldn't, too many question marks in the playoffs. The only proven asset in the playoffs is Subban. Markov has been underwhelming in the post season. The veteran leadership the team had in Gill, Cammalleri, Gomez etc is not here any more and I don't expect Price to play like 2010 Halak. That said, this team has much more depth than the ECF one. I only worry about the toughness, I don't think little guys like Gallagher and Desharnais will handle easily the tight defense and checking of the playoffs. This team really needs some big bruising defensive minded Dman.
I disagree.
First of all, the ''Markov has been underwhelming in the PO'' idea is way too exaggerated. It's very similar to the one about Plekanec.
The problem is that for both those guys, they were given the top defensive duties and focused a lot more on that. But neither of those players are a problem. Both will perform whatever role they're asked of well.
Also, this is the first time that we have as much effective depth, and we are still without Bourque, Prust and Diaz, three players that had important roles. If we roll into the POs with a pretty healthy roster, we will be a very tough team to contain.

It seems people like to say that we should be bigger but I feel it's because that's what we've been used to saying these past years. I feel our group is a well balanced bunch. Could we get bigger? Sure. Will it be a problem? I don't think so.

Gallagher and DD are the least of my worries. These small guys have shown how tough they can battle, I don't see why it would change in the POs. They don't shy away from adversity, so I don't understand why they would suddenly change because the intensity gets a bit higher.

I think adding some bigger guys always helps, but to say that we're missing it to the point of not being contenders is a bit much. We've only lost 5 times in regulations through 30 games and unlike 07-08, it's not thanks to our PP. We're among the best teams at ES.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Except when you actually start looking around the league, you start realizing it is possible.

Its usually a stats driven prize, so he's got the wins category going for him. If he can boost his save percentage about 8 points, and shave off .05 off his GAA, you're looking at a wins leader with a 920 save percentage and a 2.2x GAA

Last edited by Hackett: 03-22-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And Subban responds with a two goal game.

What Therrien did is bad how?

There is what a coach says to the media. And then there is what a coach says to the player when no one is around. You heard the media version. You have no idea what was said in the locker room.

And evidently, what was said was not detrimental to PK Subban whatsoever.

Loving how PK is playing this season!!
Sometimes a players ability is great enough to overcome any poor decisions made by the coach. PK scored the goals, not Therrien, he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:22 PM
icerocket

Omg Subban didn't smile after the game!

Hfboards sports psychologists please look into this!

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:18 AM
25th

Therrien: "Subban has the potential to be a dominant player"

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...r-dominant.php

He is kidding, right? Subban IS a dominant player!

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Bullsmith

Subban can me more consistent, and he can get smarter with some of his decisions. Guy's always reminded me of Chelios when he started out, at least in some ways. Just cause he's great doesn't mean he can't improve. Personally I really like the way Therrien's handled his young players. Eller is blooming under him, and Subban is mostly shining.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Gally11

Probably Therrien's way of saying he has potential to be elite.. aka Desharnais

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:27 AM
NLHabsFan

Of course he can, we've already been seeing it. I think he will take that next step as well to get to the upper echelon of dmen.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
McTusk

Points aren't everything, but PK is looking mighty fine on both sides of the rink to me. Scary part is he still can be better.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

He's just trying to keep pushing him to become a more consistent and even better player, he's already shown he can be dominant but once he becomes more consistent he'll be a perennial top 5 defenseman in the league for years to come. Bit off topic but I still laugh at Philly fans who said they wouldn't trade Couturier for him

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

I never thought i would ever say this one day but......i think PK will be just as good , if not better , than Drew Doughty. Imho he's the steal of the 2007 draft

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
I get the feeling PK might be a little annoyed with Therrien's approach with him. But, there is no doubt it will pay off in the long run. PK is soooo much more well rounded this year. PK has always risen to new challenges by improving his game constantly. I think Therrien's hard nose approach is the best approach to take with a player like PK. He's tapping in to his real potential and actually coaching him instead of letting him run wild.

Therrien knows PK can be a superstar and a player that will carry this team and he will treat him like that as soon as he feels PK is there. By the way PK has played this year I believe that day is right around the corner. For now, Therrien is treating him as a young player with a lot to learn and that's the only way PK is going to step to the next level in his game. Something he has done every time he's faced that challenge.

Picaroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

I kinda agree with him. I still think PK has another gear.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I kinda agree with him. I still think PK has another gear.
Agreed.

Michel Therrien is more worried about his potential. You can make 100 nice plays but when you contribute directly to a goal against then you have something to work on.

Subban has the offensive gift but if he can bring his defensive to the elite level then he will be a hell of a player, Norris candidate even.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:12 AM
PricePkPatch

What is the problem with some people here?

Therrien is simply saying that Subban still can improve more. Which I agree; it's simply scary to think what he'll look like in a few years.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

I can only hope that Therrien has correctly judged Subban and that his tough love act is planned properly but it would take a special kind of moron to ruin a talent like Subban.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:14 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Agreed.

Michel Therrien is more worried about his potential. You can make 100 nice plays but when you contribute directly to a goal against then you have something to work on.

Subban has the offensive gift but if he can bring his defensive to the elite level then he will be a hell of a player, Norris candidate even.
It's not even about the mistakes IMO, if like you used as an example you make 100 good plays... but you have the potential to make 200... then for that particular player 100 good plays isnt enough.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:15 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...r-dominant.php

He is kidding, right? Subban IS a dominant player!
He's 100% right. Being dominant means being Ray Bourque/Denis Potvin/Larry Robinson dominant. He's not there yet. Let you not forget that Therrien coached Crosby and Malkin. He knows what dominancy means. PK has been productive offensively no doubt. But that doesn't mean he's dominant. Stats don't tell all.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Et le But

Maybe someday Subban will be as good as Boullion.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
PK Subban is already a great player, but he can improve, just like Price, which is scary but awesome. Subban's having a career year right now and he's just going to keep improving. Therrien isn't wrong in what he's saying.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:19 AM
FinnHab

Every player can improve, even PK fanboys must accept that fact

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote