HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

LA - Montreal Proposal

Old
08-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
idk, just asking

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Garnett

A Crack At It.

I personally think LA doesn't have enough to offer excluding the players mentioned. But here is my counter propsal because Im a average arm chair GM

Ryder, Souray, Ribs, 3rd
for
Frolov, Conroy, Gleason, 1st

Ryder> Flolov. But Frolov is 24 years old with upside and under a good contact till 2010. Ryder likely gone in a 1 to 2 years in my opinion.

Ribs < Conroy. Conroy is bigger, faster, better at faceoffs and can put up 50-70 pts between Kovy, and Sammy.

Gleason < Souray. Souray 20 goals a big shot for the poweplay. But Souray in a UFA and Montreal will have problems signing Souray, Markow and Rivet. The D-men depth is weak.

1st> 3rd to offset Ryder and Souray comparsion above. Montreal doesn't want to trade two of the three anyway so LA have to overpay.

Garnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnett View Post
I personally think LA doesn't have enough to offer excluding the players mentioned. But here is my counter propsal because Im a average arm chair GM

Ryder, Souray, Ribs, 3rd
for
Frolov, Conroy, Gleason, 1st

Ryder> Flolov. But Frolov is 24 years old with upside and under a good contact till 2010. Ryder likely gone in a 1 to 2 years in my opinion.

Ribs < Conroy. Conroy is bigger, faster, better at faceoffs and can put up 50-70 pts between Kovy, and Sammy.

Gleason < Souray. Souray 20 goals a big shot for the poweplay. But Souray in a UFA and Montreal will have problems signing Souray, Markow and Rivet. The D-men depth is weak.

1st> 3rd to offset Ryder and Souray comparsion above. Montreal doesn't want to trade two of the three anyway so LA have to overpay.
that's overpayment for the Kings

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:25 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Belanger and Ribeiro are totally different type of players. Belanger is not a defensive liability, infact hes been their top penalty killer after Laperriere left.
--

If theres trade between these two teams, I think it would be something involving Souray and Gleason.
I was just looking at his +/- to qualify that, which itself is pretty awful. If he is indeed okay defensively, it doesn't show in his stats.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:26 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
that's overpayment for the Kings
Lol way to state again what the guy said in the post.

Old
08-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Habsy

I dunno,

I would have interest in Kopitar and Visnovski.

I would do that deal if Frolov was there, we would need a Center in return.

Frolov, Kopitar, Visnovski for Souray, Ryder, Ribeiro and a 4th rounder.

Book the tickets.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
I dunno,

I would have interest in Kopitar and Visnovski.

I would do that deal if Frolov was there, we would need a Center in return.

Frolov, Kopitar, Visnovski for Souray, Ryder, Ribeiro and a 4th rounder.

Book the tickets.
All I can say is woa...

Visnovski is way better than Souray offensively, and defensively he can hold his own, while he may not be as physical...

Kopitar is one of their best prospects, bound to play in LA next season and probably as the no2 center... his value far exceed Ribs one I think

Frolov and Ryder... well to some extent, Ryder has scored more in his 2 seasons than Frolov since his debuts... BUT Frolov is younger, bigger, faster and IMO it's just a matter of time until he becomes a PPG player.

IMO it's sheer overpayment for the Kings, no way will they part with Kopitar anyway

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 11:07 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah LA doesn't get anything out of that proposal. They get worse at each position except RW.

Actually I would probably do something like:

Frolov, Visnovski for Ryder, Souray, Ribeiro. I don't know if that satisfies any of LA's needs?

[edit] Looking at LA's roster, they appear to need a second line centre, scoring depth, and to get younger on the blue line. So IMO it does satisfy their needs.

Last edited by coolguy21415: 08-06-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old
08-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I was just looking at his +/- to qualify that, which itself is pretty awful. If he is indeed okay defensively, it doesn't show in his stats.
-5 is not bad at all for a player that is matched against better opposition lines. You cannot just assume something on +/- that way, without considering circumstances. Mike Ribeiro had +15 rating in 03-04, so I guess that would make him Selke material, right?

Btw. Why are some of you refering Souray as 20 goal scorer? His career high is still only 15. He would need some luck to improve that with his big, but mostly inaccurate, shot.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 12:38 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
-5 is not bad at all for a player that is matched against better opposition lines. You cannot just assume something on +/- that way, without considering circumstances. Mike Ribeiro had +15 rating in 03-04, so I guess that would make him Selke material, right?
No, but a +15 at least indicates he's scoring (or at minimum contributing to scoring). I'm just saying that Belanger is either a poor man's Ribeiro (if he's a defensive liability), or a poor man's Bonk (if he's defensively adept), and either way I'm not interested. Ribeiro for Selke would be funny, though.