HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XI - Winter... I mean...Deadline approaching

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 10:29 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
How many playoff teams have traded away a pending UFA at the deadline? It doesn't happen.
Hopefully the brass realize this team isn't a playoff team.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonx View Post
Trade Komi/Connolly if anyone asks - Hamilton is a good leader.

IMO you can't trade Bozak unless he doesn't want to resign or Nonis "wont" resign him. You don't trade our best FO man + make-shift #1C just "because". However if a team is willing to "overpay" for him. He's moveable. Bring up Colborne or do another deal to bring in a stop-gap centre

MacA should be traded IMO if there's a fair return. He's not a building block and has a bit of value to him right now.
I have not seen many who "just want to" trade Boz.

If he is not signed by the TD then ship him out, Mclam can handle the FOs just fine.

As for FOs your making to much of it, Grabo and Mclems %s are right there with Boz.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:41 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
I have not seen many who "just want to" trade Boz.

If he is not signed by the TD then ship him out, Mclam can handle the FOs just fine.

As for FOs your making to much of it, Grabo and Mclems %s are right there with Boz.
Agreed. If you can get a late first from a contender like the Canucks or Hawks and he's not going to re-sign, you do it.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Agreed. If you can get a late first from a contender like the Canucks or Hawks and he's not going to re-sign, you do it.
Hell i'd settle for a 2nd,3rd - 2nd b level prospect.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Hell i'd settle for a 2nd,3rd - 2nd b level prospect.
If it's 2013, I'd think about that depending on the prospect.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:57 AM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Bozak most definitely will resign here. He get to play with one of the best in kessel and gets 20 mins a night. It's just a matter of if management thinks he's worth the money his agent will demand.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:05 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Have to agree with you here. The bubble here is slowly bursting, as opposed to the typically sudden, loud, POP.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:14 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Bozak most definitely will resign here. He get to play with one of the best in kessel and gets 20 mins a night. It's just a matter of if management thinks he's worth the money his agent will demand.
Really, really hoping we pull the reasonably-priced trigger and obtain one of Ribiero or Roy. Sure, they're small, but the step up over what Bozak brings would be quite obvious.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:33 AM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
We shouldn't be trading for rentals. We aren't a contender yet whose trying to put the finishing touches on a long playoff run.

Weiss has got all the attention this year but I'd rather sign Roy this off-season.

Morrow would be a nice body addition on a one year deal.
Morrow would be a good investment in the off-season if Nonis were interested in getting some more leadership on the team. Olympian, captain, veteran, I'd way rather have a guy like him then a guy like Macarthur in our top 9.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:37 AM
calcal798

Quote:
Well not only that, you have to add that guys like Bozak and Macarthur can easily be replaced from within. Especially for Bozak when you have a Center that is playing PPG, another center being paid 5.5 mil that isn't getting any important icetime. Instead of playing those two guys your playing a third line center that can't get more then 47 point when playing with two wingers that were PPG last year.

The beyond logical thing to do is ship him out for a 1st.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
This place is unbearable.

People will complain if we trade Bozak and they will complain if we don't trade him.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:42 AM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

People will complain if we trade Bozak and they will complain if we don't trade him.
Probably would not complain if we started playing Kadri with Kessel. If that happened we have Grabo that can produce better then Bozak, and Mcclement who is better defensively. I wouldn't complain if we traded him when he would be given 4th line minutes, in a logical world.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Pi

Quote:
Is that why they are 6th in the Eastern Conference?

Yep "0 winnin for MacKinnon"

Edmonton gets Taylor Hall: What a player! Watch this team break out next year...
Edmonton gets RNH: Wow what a playmaker, greatest vision since Gretzky, dynasty in the making...playoffs next year.
Edmonton gets Yakupov: Wow! He reminds of Bure and Ovie-lite...amazing talent, future PPG player...this team is going to breakout next year.

Edmonton gets ______ (top prospect): Reminds me of _____, great player, Edmonton will make the playoffs next year.

The Oilers have the DUMBEST management EVER.

None of their stars are good at defense. Nazem Kadri plays better defense than any of the Oilers young forwards. Oilers are building a fantasy team, the Leafs are building a real team.

Have patience..don't sell players when they are in the playoffs.

Best thing for the Leafs: Not a buyer or a seller. If we trade for players...it will be guys that fit the big picture.

Acquiring late firsts does NOTHING to help the Leafs in the immediate future.

Stuart Percy and Biggs were drafted in 2011 and are still at least 2 years away from making any impact.

Tired of this: Lets trade BOZAK for picks, Lets trade ____ for picks.

Last edited by Pi: 03-23-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Probably would not complain if we started playing Kadri with Kessel. If that happened we have Grabo that can produce better then Bozak, and Mcclement who is better defensively. I wouldn't complain if we traded him when he would be given 4th line minutes, in a logical world.
It's not that simple.

Bozak is a great FO man...remember how pissed people here were when Bozak was not out there to take the draw against Ottawa?

We ended up losing a point because of a simple FO loss.

Bozak is a good player.

Kadri and Kessel don't need to be on the same line. They produce well without each other.

Putting two of your best playmakers on one line makes the Leafs a 1 line team.

JvR, Bozak, Frattin, MacArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin are all players that need to be surrounded by other good talent to perform right now.

Kessel and Kadri are the exception...they don't need to play with great players to perform.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:54 AM
calcal798

Quote:
It's not that simple.

Bozak is a great FO man...remember how pissed people here were when Bozak was not out there to take the draw against Ottawa?

We ended up losing a point because of a simple FO loss.

Bozak is a good player.

Kadri and Kessel don't need to be on the same line. They produce well without each other.

Putting two of your best playmakers on one line makes the Leafs a 1 line team.

JvR, Bozak, Frattin, MacArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin are all players that need to be surrounded by other good talent to perform right now.

Kessel and Kadri are the exception...they don't need to play with great players to perform.
Alright then:

JvR-Grabo-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kuli

That way Kadri and Kessel aren't playing together and we aren't a one line team, and we also don't have a third line center centering our best winger. And don't argue that Grabo and Kessel don't have chemsitry. Kessel is a guy that has Chemistry with just about anyone, he could probably even make Colton Orr produce if he was on his line.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Alright then:

JvR-Grabo-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kuli

That way Kadri and Kessel aren't playing together and we aren't a one line team, and we also don't have a third line center centering our best winger. And don't argue that Grabo and Kessel don't have chemsitry. Kessel is a guy that has Chemistry with just about anyone, he could probably even make Colton Orr produce if he was on his line.
Not a chemistry issue here..

Struggling Grabovski just goes for a lap in the offensive zone, throws a weak shot at the net or passes to his wingers in a bad position.

Believe it or not, right now Bozak is the best center available for Kessel. I think the Leafs will give Colborne a chance next year because he has greatly improved his play and is a beast along the boards.

JvR-Colborne-Kessel could be a great line.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:

Edmonton gets Taylor Hall: What a player! Watch this team break out next year...
Edmonton gets RNH: Wow what a playmaker, greatest vision since Gretzky, dynasty in the making...playoffs next year.
Edmonton gets Yakupov: Wow! He reminds of Bure and Ovie-lite...amazing talent, future PPG player...this team is going to breakout next year.

Edmonton gets ______ (top prospect): Reminds me of _____, great player, Edmonton will make the playoffs next year.

None of their stars are good at defense. Nazem Kadri plays better defense than any of the Oilers young forwards. Oilers are building a fantasy team, the Leafs are building a real team.

Best thing for the Leafs: Not a buyer or a seller. If we trade for players...it will be guys that fit the big picture.

Stuart Percy and Biggs were drafted in 2011 and are still at least 2 years away from making any impact.

With Bozak it's not about the picks... Thats just a bonus IMO!!!

He needs to get moved because he is holding back Kadri and Grabo!

We would be a better team with Kadri and Grabo in our top 6 center positions than with Bozak and Kadri in our top 6 and Grabo as our shutdown center.

McClement has been a great addition and he should be our 3rd line shutdown center and Kadri/Grabo 1-2 punch in our top 6.

If we want to be a better team our players need to play their natural positions and Bozak is holding BOTH Kadri and Grabo back.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Duffman955

Our focus should be on acquiring players to add to our core. Which would be a top line center or top4-d-man

We aren't in a position to trade our UFA's for a 2nd pick, which willl make an impact in 5 years. We also aren't in a position to trade picks/prospects for rentals.

I see Nonis making a trade involving some of our prospects and depth players for a young player that can help us now.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

You forgot the next coming of bobby orr in schultz. However yes. I've mentioned this in the past as well

I love you man. No homo.

03-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:

The picks give Nonis extra organizational to use at the draft to put towards a difference maker something Bozak isn't.

To acquire a difference maker to give us a real shot at winning the cup it'll take top prospects, cheap young players and picks in the top 2 rounds.

The Leafs are on an upward trend and this is the last year we'll have a chance at grabbing extra picks-prospects to stockpile more depth assets over the other teams in the playoff hunt.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Kingstonian84*

[QUOTE=Duffman955;62226133]Our focus should be on acquiring players to add to our core. Which would be a top line center or top4-d-man

You make this sound so easy, it's not. Very few teams will give up their #1C and even fewer make it to FA, the best way to get one is through draft and even then its a crapshoot. I think we may have found our #1C in Kadri, guy's been easily our best offensive weapon and is clocking in at a ppg pace. As for the the defencmen I think we should hone in on finding a guy who can play with Phaneuf, whoever it is a) needs to be a defensive stud and b) can log 25 plus mins a game.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:46 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:

Pretty much.

Everyone around here is an Arm Chair GM and could manage this team better than Nonis himself.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Pretty much.

Everyone around here is an Arm Chair GM and could manage this team better than Nonis himself.
alright forget about arm chair. chuck...spill.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
You forgot the next coming of bobby orr in schultz. However yes. I've mentioned this in the past as well

I love you man. No homo.
Thanks same to you buddy

People are just in love with picks here. I'll be shocked if the hypothetical 1st the Leafs get for Bozak is a better player than Bozak in the future.

If we were sitting in the basement of the East, I can understand trading Bozak/MacArthur etc and looking forward to next year. Right now, the Leafs need playoff experience.

You can't win the Cup until you suffer the agony of defeat in the playoffs. It's a learning curve.

Just be glad that we didn't make the playoffs last year...otherwise Rotten Ronnie would be coach. M. Rielly + Carlyle >>> Ron Wilson

Old
03-23-2013, 12:53 PM
SonofMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
alright forget about arm chair. chuck...spill.

Closed Thread