HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bitter Reality!

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 05:33 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Bitter Reality!

If you really want to play run and gun you better get a goalie who is under 25, because after that they loose their edge!!

Old
12-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Walsher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8
If you really want to play run and gun you better get a goalie who is under 25, because after that they loose their edge!!
I hardly think the Oilers style currently is run and gun. 2 goals in 3 games both coming in the latter minutes of the third - hardly run and gun. In that same amount of games 6 goals against. Not the Goaltending right now I am afraid.

Old
12-23-2003, 06:49 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i cant even think what kind of style the team is playing right now. to me it is like a tabletop hockey game, one player is spinning, one player is lying prone on the ice, another is trying to look pretty, and the others are pylons. our goaltender is missing, the only piece that is moving is the one that helps the goalie move. sorry bad analogy.

Old
12-24-2003, 03:24 AM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I hardly think the Oilers style currently is run and gun. 2 goals in 3 games both coming in the latter minutes of the third - hardly run and gun. In that same amount of games 6 goals against. Not the Goaltending right now I am afraid.
Make some saves, build some confidence. They say that good penalty Killing starts with the goaltender. I agree we do not have an offensive juggernaut on our hands, but who does?
Merry Christmas

Old
12-24-2003, 03:46 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Just because the team doesn't score doesn't mean they don't play run and gun. From what I hear they outplayed and outshot the Flames last night. On the last road trip, they had 40 or more shots in a number of games. They just can't score. Last night, Dvo's chance SH reflect the Oilers' play of late. Lots of shots and chances, not goals. At the end of the game last, they had a flurry of goalden chances but couldn't connect. If theis team starts getting bounces, we won't mind the run and gun.

Old
12-24-2003, 03:59 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Thank you Nostrin, the whole problem between now and about five weeks ago is they just can't score. The goalies and d are still letting in the same number of goals as before.

They are all snakebitten and there are is only one way to stop it and thats to bring some fresh legs into the lineup so ppl can have a shakeup. this means either an early return for Reasoner or someone from toronto.

Closed Thread