HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

"Wreck-It Ralph" | Oilers vs. Blues | 23.03.13 | 8:00 PM on CBC

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Copperhead

vCash: 500
I'll be at the game tonight so I hope it's an exciting back and forth affair.

That said St. Louis fits the mold of "teams that dominate the Oilers" in that they are big and heavy hitters. I expect extended periods of the Oilers hemmed in their own zone.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:05 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
He's pretty much as good or better than anyone in the league." - Gagner on he and Paajarvi getting a new linemate in Eberle tonight-

I hope Eberle reads that and takes note.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:05 PM
ales83fan

Super worried about RNH's flu.

I know they tried to look at his flu before the WJC started, but this season he hasn't been the same.

I think he needs to go for flu surgery. That's what sucks about the oilers lately: lots of flu cases. Hemsky, Horcoff, Souray, even hall last year had season ending flu injury.

I just hope they do the right thing here. I mean if its just a shoulder injury, give him some ColdFX and some chicken noodle soup and he'll be healthy in no time!

Old
03-23-2013, 02:34 PM
sundaysleftovers

Great GDT

I just hope they compete! It sucks watching a game when all they're doing is chasing the puck and getting dominated! Compete boys!

Oilers 3-2 OT hemsky with the winner

Old
03-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Six in O6

Looks like RNH possibly has strep. http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ing-road-trip/

Old
03-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
I think Khabby will not allow that soft goal that Dubby is known for lately. 3-1 Oilers.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:46 PM
#ualberta

I love giving Nik the start and sitting dubnyk sometimes that guy just needs a break, plus if Nik is on one of his random hot streaks we can ride him for a couple games then go back to dubnyk

Its somewhat funny Nuge is on IR with an illness and he may not travel with the team, Come on give the guy some meds get em going already, he better be pretty damn sick to miss these important games.

Good to see #20 back to bad he has -2% offensive ability and to bad yakupov is stuck in the Belanger Triangle

Old
03-23-2013, 02:51 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
I think Khabby will not allow that soft goal that Dubby is known for lately. 3-1 Oilers.
Lately?

Who knows when Khabi was ready to go, but he probably should have had a couple starts in the lat ten games.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I love giving Nik the start and sitting dubnyk sometimes that guy just needs a break, plus if Nik is on one of his random hot streaks we can ride him for a couple games then go back to dubnyk

Its somewhat funny Nuge is on IR with an illness and he may not travel with the team, Come on give the guy some meds get em going already, he better be pretty damn sick to miss these important games.

Good to see #20 back to bad he has -2% offensive ability and to bad yakupov is stuck in the Belanger Triangle
Yeah I can really see the funny there

Obviously he's pretty damn sick. Sometimes that happens...

Old
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Lately?

Who knows when Khabi was ready to go, but he probably should have had a couple starts in the lat ten games.

Yes, that's probably true. Usually Khabi comes out plays really well for a game or two after a long break. I feel like i'm playing the percentages on this one.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:07 PM
RisingSun

c'mon nuge, how are you going expect to win your first fight, if you can't even beat the common cold.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:07 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Hmmm....lets see...the Oilers are playing a big gritty team that has pretty much rolled over them in every game so far this season.

Add to that the fact that RNH is out and their #1 Centre in this game will be Gagner.

Its not a stretch to suggest that the hockey gods will have to intervene for the Oilers to pull out a win in this game.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:11 PM
shoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Usually Khabi comes out plays really well for a game or two after a long break. I feel like i'm playing the percentages on this one.
He also has a really good career record against the Blues. Play him tonight then against the Blues again on the 26th. That will be the second half of a back-to-back and gives Scoobie Doobie Doo a little break.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:12 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Hmmm....lets see...the Oilers are playing a big gritty team that has pretty much rolled over them in every game so far this season.

Add to that the fact that RNH is out and their #1 Centre in this game will be Gagner.

Its not a stretch to suggest that the hockey gods will have to intervene for the Oilers to pull out a win in this game.
Horcoff will be the #1 C.

I don't see tonight going well at all...

Old
03-23-2013, 03:13 PM
bdayz15

Minnesota up 2-0 on San Jose in the third if Minne can hold on and win it makes tonight's game even bigger then it already is!

Old
03-23-2013, 03:16 PM
fysloc

I just have recollections that everytime oilers go on the penalty kill with khabi in net, it's always a goal.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:16 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Horcoff will be the #1 C.

I don't see tonight going well at all...
Yeah...Horcoff will get the tough minutes for sure. Kind of speaks to the limitations in Gagners game that even after 5+ years in the NHL he still cant play tough minutes somewhat effectively.

Its tough to be a fan of this team...its like cheering for a mouse fighting a cat. The only hope is that the mouse can dart around fast enough to make the cat disorientated.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I don't doubt that RNH is sick but this is probably the Oilers way of sitting him out for a few games without flat out telling the media that he needs some pressbox time.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:17 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Yeah I can really see the funny there

Obviously he's pretty damn sick. Sometimes that happens...
First of all i was just joking you know kind of joking, secondly how often are players put on injured reserved with the flu.
I would obviously like him playing he would really round out our center position

Old
03-23-2013, 03:19 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Strep is much worse than a cold/flu. It's a bacterial infection. Fevers, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, sinusitis, etc.

Better to rest a few days then to exert and let it spread to the ears/lungs. 2 weeks of antibiotics, but he'll probably be good to go before then.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:19 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I don't doubt that RNH is sick but this is probably the Oilers way of sitting him out for a few games without flat out telling the media that he needs some pressbox time.
Either that or its something worse like Mono and the Oilers are simply trying to obscure it.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:20 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post

yeah, i don't get this move... the paajarvi/gagner/yakupov line was doing very good, so the *obvious* solution is to move yakupov off that line and put a struggling eberle on it? and then move yakupov down to the belanger line, where yakupov will have to deal with the black hole of offence that is the belanger-triangle? wow, some great coaching decisions there, that's for sure... wreck-it ralph indeed

Old
03-23-2013, 03:21 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Yeah...Horcoff will get the tough minutes for sure. Kind of speaks to the limitations in Gagners game that even after 5+ years in the NHL he still cant play tough minutes somewhat effectively.

Its tough to be a fan of this team...its like cheering for a mouse fighting a cat. The only hope is that the mouse can dart around fast enough to make the cat disorientated.
except that he HAS been playing the other teams #1 line most of the time in the past 10 or so games, and has maintained a PPG pace while doing so.... not really sure what you're talking about here

Old
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Either that or its something worse like Mono and the Oilers are simply trying to obscure it.
He'd be out 1-2 months with that. No way they'd let him play with the risk of his spleen rupturing.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
except that he HAS been playing the other teams #1 line most of the time in the past 10 or so games, and has maintained a PPG pace while doing so.... not really sure what you're talking about here
Are you sure about that...it seems to me that Horcoff has been getting the tough minutes since his return from injury.

Closed Thread