HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Blues Trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Godfather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I honestly don't think it's a crazy idea to think Weekes could be traded to St. Louis, mainly because of the JD ties. The only problem is, who is coming back? Not sure there is a good enough match there to make a trade.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of St. Louis/NY Ranger trades (minor or major) over the years while JD is there. Kinda like the connection between Edmonton and NY.
Many in STL agree. But a idea of Weeks in a Bluenote isn't cool. And to lose a Schwartz, or Cash for him just isn't good hockey sence. JD has said he wants a vet as a option if one or both Stanford and or Cash get's hurt. And Cash can not be sent down this year to Peoria without waivers. The club doesn't want Schwartz or Tesu to lose time in Peoria, and lose their confidence in the pro's. JD has said many times he wants a vet, but many here would want a Biron (trade), or Legace (who's free at 1.5 million a year), before making a trade with the blueshirts for someone like Weeks.

Old
08-06-2006, 04:01 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Many in STL agree. But a idea of Weeks in a Bluenote isn't cool. And to lose a Schwartz, or Cash for him just isn't good hockey sence. JD has said he wants a vet as a option if one or both Stanford and or Cash get's hurt. And Cash can not be sent down this year to Peoria without waivers. The club doesn't want Schwartz or Tesu to lose time in Peoria, and lose their confidence in the pro's. JD has said many times he wants a vet, but many here would want a Biron (trade), or Legace (who's free at 1.5 million a year), before making a trade with the blueshirts for someone like Weeks.
I agree, the deal would be stupid for both teams.

NYR would be without an experienced backup, JOrts, 9 games of experience for Valiquette does not count by any means, and St. Louis would lose a top prospect goaltender that will be better than Weekes one day. But the only way I would give up Weekes is if something of that caliber came in return.

Old
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I wouldn't want Schwarz at all.

I would love to get Cash from them, though.
Schwarz is younger and a better prospect, with a little more upside. I wouldn't mind Cash, but I'd rather have Schwarz. Realistically, I think they'd deal off Cash before Schwarz.

Old
08-06-2006, 04:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Schwarz is first rounder and will be very good starting goalie one day, maybe even in the end of this season for STL.
No way STL is trading him, i saw Schwarz last year in Czech Extraliga and he is developing very well.

Edit: anyway i don't see one valid point why to trade for another goalie prospect Weekes is great backup goalie, even for 1,8M$.
Oh I know it's not happening, that was just a hypothetical really. We'd have to give up a lot to get him, and I really don't think they'd deal him either way.

You can never have too much depth in goal. I mean when we trade Monty, we're gonna need a goaltender that can come in and back up Lundy in the future.

I agree though, even for 1.8 mill, Weekes is a good solution behind Henke.

Old
08-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Schwarz is younger and a better prospect, with a little more upside. I wouldn't mind Cash, but I'd rather have Schwarz. Realistically, I think they'd deal off Cash before Schwarz.
Schwarz also didn't play great after he sucked in the WHL and bolted back home to the Czech Republic. Played decent in a back-up role, but was nothing special.

I never saw the hype and I still don't see it.

Old
08-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Weekes is staying Broadway at least one more year. Next year he's a UFA. At that time they will evaluate where Montoya is at after another year on the Farm.

Lundqvist has not proven himself an Elite goaltender yet. Many times we have seen rookie goalie sensation disappear in the NHL.

I love Lundy...and I love the idea that he will show up this year BETTER than last year. But it's up to him to prove it game after game once the season unfolds. Untill then, Kevin stays on this team.

Peace of mind

08-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Pizza

I love Jort's proposals.They remind me of the epsiode of Sienfeld where George is coming up with deals for the Yankees.

Old
08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Jorts, you should consider just doing a weekly thread called "Proposal of the week [insert week/date]." Not only would it be more fun to have it as a thing that doesn't happen everyday and everyone is going "not again!" but hopefully this way you'll think them through a bit more. If you could only make ONE proposal a week (instead of like 3), what would it be? You could keep track of who makes it into your proposals the most and have the Ahall's most Unwanted list. During the season, it probably should be biweekly or monthly. Just a thought.

Old
08-06-2006, 07:02 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Jorts, you should consider just doing a weekly thread called "Proposal of the week [insert week/date]." Not only would it be more fun to have it as a thing that doesn't happen everyday and everyone is going "not again!" but hopefully this way you'll think them through a bit more. If you could only make ONE proposal a week (instead of like 3), what would it be? You could keep track of who makes it into your proposals the most and have the Ahall's most Unwanted list. During the season, it probably should be biweekly or monthly. Just a thought.
i'll second that. I think i'd actually look foward to it. how about every monday?

Old
08-06-2006, 09:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Seriously man, what the **** are you smoking? really.... that "New York Rangers Proposal of the week" thread... they said ONCE A WEEK... are you ****ing serious? You are really getting ridiculous with this garbage. At first i thought, ok this guy is just really hardcore and trying to start conversation about impossible trades. Now you have officially crossed the line.

Old
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Seriously man, what the **** are you smoking? really.... that "New York Rangers Proposal of the week" thread... they said ONCE A WEEK... are you ****ing serious? You are really getting ridiculous with this garbage. At first i thought, ok this guy is just really hardcore and trying to start conversation about impossible trades. Now you have officially crossed the line.
"You have officially crossed the line."

Taking the internet a bit too seriously?

Jeeze.

Old
08-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
i think its embarassing to us ranger fans on the board to have other fans see this stuff

Old
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
in the hall

Quote:

Jeeze.
i find irony in comments like that

Old
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
i think its embarassing to us ranger fans on the board to have other fans see this stuff

Old
08-06-2006, 10:16 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
That Mr Met avatar is classic

Old
08-06-2006, 10:20 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i find irony in comments like that
There's a little bit of irony in everything, depends on where and what you're looking for.

Old
08-06-2006, 10:24 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Schwarz also didn't play great after he sucked in the WHL and bolted back home to the Czech Republic. Played decent in a back-up role, but was nothing special.

I never saw the hype and I still don't see it.
I'd rather see him do good in the senior extraleague in The CR than do good in junior. The extraleague is run and gun, and there's more exposure to shots there, and the sad part about that is the defenses in the extraleague are BETTER than the defenses in the CHL.

It's just a better experience for younger players providing they get the right playing time.

Old
08-06-2006, 10:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

dude, you actually made a trade of week thread and managed to get yourself closed in like 3 posts time. the point is you don't do one for another week so you have the whole week to think and do research on it. having posted 3 trade proposals in a 1-3 day span, you are bound to use up all your "trading brain cells" so of course the last one you threw out was the worst yet.

ok, on topic. what thread am i in?
um... weekes ain't going no where... um... 2002 stanley cup finals... um... jessiman isn't even a lock to make the NHL so who cares about his playing history with Stempniak. um... people who hate AHall's threads, i recommend just not reading them? sheesh.

Old
08-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
There is no need to bash the poster. Don't like his proposals? Put him on your ignore list, and you won't be tempted to read something you know you won't like.

A side benefit is that the "ignore" feature doesn't go by name, apparently, it goes by account, so if the name changes, the person is still ignored.

So just live and let live, there's no reason to pick on the guy. Just ignore him.

Old
08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
That Mr Met avatar is classic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metsbikini.jpg‎ (93.0 KB, 15 views)

Old
08-07-2006, 08:24 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Jeeze.
If i took the internet too seriously i would have something like... 11,000 posts.

Old
08-07-2006, 08:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Pretty clear this thread has run it's course.