HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
According to the charitable gentlepeople of the Wings board, WMU is now officially out of the NCAA tournament and DeKeysermania is presently running wild on a general manager near you.

Let us begin.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:25 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
so detroit is the big favorite here, right?

03-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
so detroit is the big favorite here, right?
If you believe the rumors, it's Detroit, TB, and another team that periodically changes. Sometimes St. Louis, sometimes Edmonton, or even others.

An interesting thing to talk about would be: does Sustr signing in TB affect DeKeyser's desire to sign there?

Now, by all indications Sustr plays the right side. I know that DeKeyser plays the left side. So while they're both defensemen, it might be that DeKeyser doesn't necessarily view him as competition. In fact, Sustr could just be another piece in a solid defense for DeKeyser to join in the future.

Plus, TBL has several defensemen who (one would think) will not not necessarily be holding down roster spots in the future. Salo and Ohlund are getting up there in years. Bergeron is not exactly a cornerstone. Brian Lee is seemingly not a worldbeater there. Aulie, although still young, is not making the strongest claim for his job. So I think in terms of that lineup, it likely looked very appealing to Sustr in terms of picking up a roster spot in the next 1-3 years. I can't see why it wouldn't look like a great opportunity to DeKeyser even with Sustr on board.

So, I think DeKeyser should still have a strong interest in the TBL. They're very strong offensively with room to grow defensively, along with lots of jobs to be had.

Of course, he should still sign with the Wings. /biased

Old
03-23-2013, 03:40 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Adrian Dater thinks Avs will send him an offer.

Still think Wings should be the favourite.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Wingsfan2965*

St. James says he'll likely be dealing with a lot of max ELC offers.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:49 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
An interesting thing to talk about would be: does Sustr signing in TB affect DeKeyser's desire to sign there?

Now, by all indications Sustr plays the right side. I know that DeKeyser plays the left side. So while they're both defensemen, it might be that DeKeyser doesn't necessarily view him as competition. In fact, Sustr could just be another piece in a solid defense for DeKeyser to join in the future.
Sustr is supposed to join the Lightning for a few games then is eligible to help the Crunch in another deep playoff run. He isn't guaranteed anything, so i'd agree with what you said, on top of playing on opposite sides (Lightning are rather lacking in RD) he's just a piece for the future than a cornerstone now.

Quote:
Plus, TBL has several defensemen who (one would think) will not not necessarily be holding down roster spots in the future. Salo and Ohlund are getting up there in years. Bergeron is not exactly a cornerstone. Brian Lee is seemingly not a worldbeater there. Aulie, although still young, is not making the strongest claim for his job. So I think in terms of that lineup, it likely looked very appealing to Sustr in terms of picking up a roster spot in the next 1-3 years. I can't see why it wouldn't look like a great opportunity to DeKeyser even with Sustr on board.
Ohlund is on IR and is unlikely to play again ever, unfortunately.

Lee has been waived, and as long as no one gets injured before Sustr joins the Lightning on tuesday will be joining the Crunch. MAB is a frequent scratch. Aulie is a decent bottom pairing option, but certainly no roadblock to better prospects (as Gudas showed).

Quote:
So, I think DeKeyser should still have a strong interest in the TBL. They're very strong offensively with room to grow defensively, along with lots of jobs to be had.

Thats the hope of all of us Lightning fans.

Long term the only players he has to contend with are Hedman (obviously), Carle, Gudas and the other young guns (Barberio, Aulie and Korobov), that leaves plenty of room for young dmen such as him and Sustr. Organisation wide high potential dmen is a problem. And as Gudas has already shown, if you show yourself worthy of playing time room will be made (Gudas is the reason why Lee was waived).

I agree with your post completely just adding on info.

IMO it comes down to Detroit and Tampa, I would be surprised to see him sign elsewhere.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
If you believe the rumors, it's Detroit, TB, and another team that periodically changes. Sometimes St. Louis, sometimes Edmonton, or even others.

Ohlunds career Is finished In Tampa Bay with 2 busted up knees there Is no way he will ever come back In which Is sad Ohlund was one of my favorite Lightning Defenseman until we got Hedman of course.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Ohlund is on IR and is unlikely to play again ever, unfortunately.

Lee has been waived, and as long as no one gets injured before Sustr joins the Lightning on tuesday will be joining the Crunch. MAB is a frequent scratch. Aulie is a decent bottom pairing option, but certainly no roadblock to better prospects (as Gudas showed)
This is what I get for using the Yahoo! roster as a reference point.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:05 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Would be amazing if the Avs could manage to grab one of these highly sought after prospects.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Would love it if he came to St. Louis, but I really doubt he does.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

From St James:
Quote:
#Redwings have made pitch to Danny DeKeyser. Agent has told teams they are going through process and will take a few days to make decision.
https://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/st...70708392587264

Old
03-23-2013, 04:19 PM
trellaine201

Islanders.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
But what's this? I'm hearing reports that DeKeyser's agent has found a loophole in the CBA and the Minnesota Wild have signed him for the variable X in US dollars. What exactly X will stand for is currently unknown.

While the contract is not expected to hold up to close scrutiny, Craig Leipold, Ryan Suter, and Zack Parise are said to have held a joint press conference where they reportedly stated that they "totally trolled those Red Wing ********," and that "Little Caesar's tastes like cat vomit anyway."

Old
03-23-2013, 06:37 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Would love for the Rangers to add him but I doubt he will. Thought the Rangers had a better chance at adding Sustr but we know how that one played out.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
I dont believe I brought up Justin Schultz

but to be fair, the reason and he himself has said he choose edmonton, among other reasons of course, was because Edmonton did promise him the most immediate chance to succeed via roster opportunity and ice time. It was discussed repatedly on various networks as well and good on Justin for choosing that more lucrative path!!
Just curious if you've found anything to back this up yet.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:55 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Would be amazing if the Avs could manage to grab one of these highly sought after prospects.
Yeah of all the team interested you guys could use him the most, from the looks of it you're left side looks weak at the NHL level and prospect level (outside of Siemens) so it wouldn't hurt to add another defender with top 4 potential.

Though I can't see him signing with the Avs which sucks for you guys. He's been a die hard Wings fan his whole life and growing up through the avs-wings rivalry probably means he would have to be guaranteed a spot on your D for him to join you guys.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:51 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Yeah of all the team interested you guys could use him the most, from the looks of it you're left side looks weak at the NHL level and prospect level (outside of Siemens) so it wouldn't hurt to add another defender with top 4 potential.

Though I can't see him signing with the Avs which sucks for you guys. He's been a die hard Wings fan his whole life and growing up through the avs-wings rivalry probably means he would have to be guaranteed a spot on your D for him to join you guys.
That **** doesn't matter to most people. Plus that rivalry is long gone, both teams decided to get soft.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Petes2424

Well somebody's wrong here. St James reports wings have made their pitch already and HNIC reports Dekeyser is to meet with his agent on Tuesday and start the process.

Im sure he heard all pitches last year and kind of knows what he's doing. I wouldnt be shocked but I'd still be surprised if it's not Detroit.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:42 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
That **** doesn't matter to most people. Plus that rivalry is long gone, both teams decided to get soft.
When you get an offer from almost every team I bet it matters more than usual. If you're drafted or you only have a couple teams interested you can't pick and chose but DeKeyser will be able to go to any team he wants as all the contracts offered will be pretty much the same.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Well somebody's wrong here. St James reports wings have made their pitch already and HNIC reports Dekeyser is to meet with his agent on Tuesday and start the process.

Im sure he heard all pitches last year and kind of knows what he's doing. I wouldnt be shocked but I'd still be surprised if it's not Detroit.
I'd go with St. James. She covered this story last season too.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Morlesio14*

Any chance of him coming to Toronto?

Old
03-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Doubtful It's either Detroit or Tampa.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Burke's gone. That's probably the last of the American emigration to Toronto.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
He'll be in Toronto in the coming days apparently to be with this agent(Don Meehan) according to the HNIC boys.

He should pop over to the MCC(practice facility) and maybe take a tour of the town while he's here.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:52 AM
LeighDx13

As a Wings fan I would love to see him here obviously. Would make some of our other defensmen expendable for the deadline, might even open some possible trades (probably nothing huge though)

Closed Thread