HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
You'll see people go absolutely nuts over trading Kundratek or not resigning JAM...but yet nobody gives credit to moves like this.

I wonder why.
i didnt like that Kundratek trade but when this move was made i didnt know much about Lindberg at the time but i didnt bash it when it was made..

Old
03-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
You'll see people go absolutely nuts over trading Kundratek or not resigning JAM...but yet nobody gives credit to moves like this.

I wonder why.
The Rangers liked Lindberg in his draft year, but when we picked they liked Thomas better. After a so so post draft year I don't think the Yotes saw much in Lindberg, who they took with their 2nd 2nd round pick. Maloney gets the credit for initiating the deal, they got the guy they wanted, and Slats gets credit for listening to our Euro scouts

Old
03-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:

I wonder why.
Pretty sure everyone acknowledges this was a great move.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Rust Heisenberg

How far is McIlrath from joining the team?

Old
03-23-2013, 04:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Pretty sure everyone acknowledges this was a great move.
Pretty sure nobody ever brings it up when they try to bash how awful management is at getting young talent.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:26 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Pretty sure nobody ever brings it up when they try to bash how awful management is at getting young talent.
I thought we bashed them for not getting veterans and goal scorers? Regardless the Kundratek handling was awful. Our scouting and development recently overall has been excellent tho and I see everyone sharing that sentiment around here.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
He has not played one second in the NHL yet.

Most think it was a great deal, but Kundratek and others that you are talking about are playing in the NHL.

I think it was more of a crime where Lindberg was placed on the boards prospect poll.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Most think it was a great deal, but Kundratek and others that you are talking about are playing in the NHL.

I think it was more of a crime where Lindberg was placed on the boards prospect poll.
Every time someone mentions a player like Kundratek, they do it without mentioning the fact that he had no trade value due to requesting a trade . . .

Old
03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
How far is McIlrath from joining the team?
Probably next season the earliest. Though, I heard he may not even make it in the league. That's just going by some of the responses I read on these forums.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

This.

Kundratek is already a solid bottom pair d-man with big upside. I say he's a safe bet to become a solid, all around 2nd pair guy like Tyutin. Phillipe Bouchard lol.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Dorado*

Lindbergh's reports are only positive things I've had to think about in regard to the NYR .
Curious to see how he fares at this level

Old
03-23-2013, 05:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

That's not the point, though. Due to our recent struggles the cool thing to do is bash the incompetence of every arm of our team, including scouting. Lindberg is huge in the SEL and we got him for a scrub. That's a fantastic move.

Nobody has mentioned how good of a move it was while trying to bash management. We all agree Oscar is a good prospect but nobody gives credit to management for getting him, but then they turn around and rip management for trading a dude who wanted a trade.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:31 PM
eco's bones

Personally I don't see a big upside for Kundratek. Maybe he'll become a legit top 4 some day but I definitely wouldn't bet the farm on it. I don't think if he was still in our organization he'd be up with the big team.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
This.

Kundratek is already a solid bottom pair d-man with big upside. I say he's a safe bet to become a solid, all around 2nd pair guy like Tyutin. Phillipe Bouchard lol.
Look. Another one.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Michigan is winning 6-2 with a little bit to go in the third period. They will play Notre Dame tomorrow for the CCHA championship.

Nieves doesn't have any points in the game.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Dorado*

Boo had a solid freshman year . I like that in Prep school he didn't pot many goals but put in 8 I believe this year in NCAA . Red had good things to say about him . He has a long frame looks like he's built a lot like Huberdeau

Old
03-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
That's not the point, though. Due to our recent struggles the cool thing to do is bash the incompetence of every arm of our team, including scouting. Lindberg is huge in the SEL and we got him for a scrub. That's a fantastic move.

Nobody has mentioned how good of a move it was while trying to bash management. We all agree Oscar is a good prospect but nobody gives credit to management for getting him, but then they turn around and rip management for trading a dude who wanted a trade.
It was a good move.

Move on.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Boo had a solid freshman year . I like that in Prep school he didn't pot many goals but put in 8 I believe this year in NCAA . Red had good things to say about him . He has a long frame looks like he's built a lot like Huberdeau
He had a very good year by from what I've read. Not just good for a freshman type, but good season in general. I expect big things out of him next year.

Skjei on the other hand is pretty worrisome. I wanted Kerdiles or Colberg and both are looking great this year, while Skjei is often healthy scratched. Not good. My friend who is a Gophers fan says he is the worst defender on the team.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
He had a very good year by from what I've read. Not just good for a freshman type, but good season in general. I expect big things out of him next year.

Skjei on the other hand is pretty worrisome. I wanted Kerdiles or Colberg and both are looking great this year, while Skjei is often healthy scratched. Not good. My friend who is a Gophers fan says he is the worst defender on the team.
Well if the first flops and the second flourishes its a win win .
I'm enjoying being positive in this thread with all this college hockey on and not watching under performing millionaires play like they going through the motions and are scared to win or make a play othe than along the wall

Old
03-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2705
Quote:

While him being the worst defenseman on the team may be true, their defense is just insane. I'm not sure how many of them are seniors, but having at least one of them graduate will help. After checking, one of their defensemen is a senior.

Is anyone here familiar with the icing rule in Hockey East? It seems they call icing a bit early..

03-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Dorado*

Maybe Skjei should leave school and play JR . Can't say I'm happy out prospect is t even playing

Old
03-23-2013, 06:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
While him being the worst defenseman on the team may be true, their defense is just insane. I'm not sure how many of them are seniors, but having at least one of them graduate will help. After checking, one of their defensemen is a senior.

Is anyone here familiar with the icing rule in Hockey East? It seems they call icing a bit early..
All of college hockey has no touch icing.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Ola

Recent reports that the Swedish Fed might not let Fasth go.

Wants to keep him for the WCH preparations, maybe...

Old
03-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Dorado*

How's that work ? He's signed to a contract in NHL ? At what point then is he allowed to come to NHL / AHL ? Doesn't the player have a choice ?

Old
03-23-2013, 06:51 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Invade Sweden!!

Closed Thread