Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing? I thought we were better...

Old
03-23-2013, 12:48 PM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Yup, need to show passion at home like they did the TOR game. If they play with kind of heart, stir **** up in front of the other team's net, clear out our crease, play with emotion the crowd will feed off it and the team energy. But, to me its still the fact that we went with three lines for so long, boys are gassed now cause of, can't do that in a shortened season, hopefully we can catch a tired Lightning group tomorrow and take it to them. And for the record, I only boo the refs

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:54 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
I was at the game and didn't like the boo-ing, but do as you will.

However, I have no problems with a good jab at any of the players to get them going...."I NEVER doubted you Antro!!!"

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:07 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Just because you're capable of being the lowest common denominator, doesn't mean you should aim for it.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:14 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Not a fan of booing the home team and would probably never do it, but...

...yeah, this basically sums it up for me. These were, no word of exaggeration, the two worst performances the Jets have had at MTSC. I don't blame anyone for being frustrated.
I'd never do it either, but I don't blame peole. And also, I wouldn't expect the players to hold it against the fans either. If I was a player I would be expecting it. They know they were terrible, they know they didn't come out to play.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:37 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
I agree no one should feel sorry for these guys but there is a finite amount of abuse the human body can take.
And every other team the Jets are playing is not banged up and tired too?

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

I will never boo my team. I will be angry and frustrated with them, sure.

Anyone that thinks that the team plays the way they did last night because they don't care, or aren't passionate about the game or their team, is just plain wrong.

People who have played hockey know that sometimes things don't go right for your team. What you need at that time is support, not berating. That is why Noel was very careful in his presser not to rip the team.

This is an exhausted group, its obvious. You might not think that's an excuse but it actually is. Especially a team that can't roll 4 lines.

I will never, ever boo the Winnipeg Jets. I won't try and tell others what to do, but I won't do it.

03-23-2013, 01:52 PM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Just because you're capable of being the lowest common denominator, doesn't mean you should aim for it.
Some of you clearly have an opinion that expressing displeasure isn't classy. Lowest common denominator? Please. (Unless any of you were the guy in the Bruins jersey last night.) I think it would be less honorable to sit on your hands and accept what you're seeing if you don't like it. My favorite: when the Metropolitan Opera was booed. If you're getting booed, you probably deserve it.

fatschoonerrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:55 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 148
**** em, I'm just as passionate about this team as they (the players) are, they show with consecutive piss poor performances they're sure as hell are going to hear it from me!

It's just too bad that I sold my tickets for last night.

Or, maybe they're just not that good...

NODLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:57 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking3 View Post
If ones attitude is "I will cheer for them when they play well and boo them when they play poorly" That's a fair-weather fan.
And I call that a passionate fan.

NODLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 60
I don't boo my team, ever. But I will leave the game if there is no effort. I think this sends a message to team more than booing does. I left last night after the 2nd period. I had better things to do.

Tarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:28 PM
jetsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
With all due respect, this is why we get booing at games now. Fans have this idea that when they walk into the arena it's all about them and them alone. They care more about the $9 beer than having an NHL team in this city for 7 months of the year, and expect the team to be their support rather than being the 7th man. They say stupid crap all game and make sure that everyone around them hears it, and generally ruin the experience for those that appreciate it for what it is.

I guess that even though we all get older, some of us still throw our toys out of the pram and have temper tantrums when things don't go our way.

PS. We were 3rd in the East yesterday. I'm not booing. Bring on TBay.

and we have three more gp than carolina

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

so, to summarize, the general consensus appears to be that some people feel they should be booed when they play poorly, and some feel they shouldn't be... can't see that changing .... we'll all continue respond in whatever way we feel is appropriate

...but to suggest that fans who don't boo don't really care or even sillier, have no right to cheer when they play well is a little

bottom line is the players need to get this figured out and ****ing soon.. and get back to playing over our heads or we'll be in 9th by Thursday

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
Some of you clearly have an opinion that expressing displeasure isn't classy. Lowest common denominator? Please. (Unless any of you were the guy in the Bruins jersey last night.) I think it would be less honorable to sit on your hands and accept what you're seeing if you don't like it. My favorite: when the Metropolitan Opera was booed. If you're getting booed, you probably deserve it.
Yup. Should we be good fans and support our players when they are doing well? Sure. Should we idolize them to the extent that they should be immune to our criticism, and should be sheltered from our grumblings and murmurs of dissatisfaction? Nope. If your loved ones piss you off you let them hear it. Your girlfriend, your parents, your children, employees/employer, and yes your team.

These people are human beings, not untouchable heroes, gods or saints. So as such we should be able to voice our displeasure with them. Just like we would any other human being. It's an ordinary fan reaction.

IMHO no team/band/group/performer/athlete should be hero worshiped to the point where their fans/customers are not allowed to voice criticism and/or (non-violently) admonish them.

I myself have only booed once these last two years that I can recall.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:59 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

Booing the lack of effort / sloppy play is not booing the person / the team. There is a difference. Leaving early is about the worst thing you can do, in my opinion. Enjoyed the "beat the traffic" and keys jangling that people leaving Bomber games early would get. That would be quite the scene to get the majority of MTS Centre doing it. Jets are brutal chant? I was at the game and I didn't even hear that.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
SCP Guy

So it is wrong to boo them in person.....but okay to come on a message board and b1tch about their performance and say we should trade player X and fire coach X???? Does anyone else not see a double standard in that? If I can criticize on a message board I sure as hell will do it in person.....If you won't boo them in person then don't boo them with your words on the message boards!

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
So it is wrong to boo them in person.....but okay to come on a message board and b1tch about their performance and say we should trade player X and fire coach X???? Does anyone else not see a double standard in that? If I can criticize on a message board I sure as hell will do it in person.....If you won't boo them in person then don't boo them with your words on the message boards!
I wouldn't be at all surprised if 'player x' has visited here at some point and saw him talked about as awful\boneheaded\the worst\non-NHL\should be traded etc.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:44 PM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
jets fans need to be careful. dont want to turn into oilers fans who constantly do nothing but bash every aspect of the team at any chance they can get. cant even stand them anymore.

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:04 PM
DominikPavelec

vCash: 759
Imagine how Chipman feels working so hard to bring a team back here and our entitled fanbase (not everyone) boos his currently playoff team. I don't want to be Toronto or Edmonton or Vancouver where some fans feel embarrassed of what their other fans do.

DominikPavelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:08 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominikPavelec View Post
Imagine how Chipman feels working so hard to bring a team back here and our entitled fanbase (not everyone) boos his currently playoff team. I don't want to be Toronto or Edmonton or Vancouver where some fans feel embarrassed of what their other fans do.
You're right, let's settle for mediocre hockey because we should be so grateful he brought a team back. After all, making money has nothing to do with it all, he just wants people to be happy.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:10 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
you should feel embarrassed about the play on the ice

that is why they got boo'd

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
you should feel embarrassed about the play on the ice

that is why they got boo'd
I can't understand why everyone thinks Winnipeg is the only area to ever do this, it happens every time the home team pisses away a game.

Diatidialga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:32 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
I can't understand why everyone thinks Winnipeg is the only area to ever do this, it happens every time the home team pisses away a game.
exactly
I don't get it

it has happened forever, and it will continue forever

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemyindex View Post
I honestly sort of understand why Torts was so pissed after the Rangers were beaten by the Sabres - it wasn't even really what the other team did, but what our team didn't. Though I did hear the announcer talking near the end of the game: "I talked to Bryan Little, they had a day off on Monday, and he said he literally couldn't get out of bed almost all day." Makes me feel for the boys, but I don't want to just have them fall off the map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Hey Little, when I was a younger man I worked a 6 day a week job with 10 hour shifts your playing a sport where you can retire at 35 and never have to even look for a job suck it up buttercup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
And every other team the Jets are playing is not banged up and tired too?
You read that out of context.....My point was regardless of how much they make or when they can retire the human body can only absorb so much abuse. These guys are supremely conditioned athletes but hockey is a brutal, punishing sport. I wasn't commenting on the teams play nor if they have it rougher than any other team. My only point was you cannot just dismiss what these guys put their bodies through because of their salary. Of course they know what they are signing up for and are well (I would argue too well) compensated for it but everybody seems to downplay the toll playing hockey at the NHL level takes on your body.

Last edited by veganhunter: 03-23-2013 at 06:16 PM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
You just mentioned 3 of the top 10 fan bases that support their teams in the nhl so I don't think they are the correct examples of fans we don't want to be like......

I was not at the game but would prob boo that type of performance and I don't feel like an entitled season ticket holder if such a thing really exists?

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
I love Chipman. But he probably feels like this.