HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 11:23 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Parashin and Holos don't go against our 50 contracts because we only hold their rights and we don't have them signed to a contract.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I remember the good ole' days when coaches used to GM and make trades and then would end up getting traded for 1st round picks.

I've scanned this a while back and wanted to post it for you guys as it gives some good insight into this franchises' past. I wanted to put it in it's own thread but Freudian set me up nicely there. hehe
Nice read. It was a very different league back then. More charming but with more potential for something going wrong.

Hell, it almost seems like the Roy trade couldn't happen today but I guess an idiot coach could still piss off a superstar to the degree he asks for a trade.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Alright thanks. Because how I read it was, if they wanted to come back to the NHL the only team he could back to is Colorado, except if we decided relinquish their rights or trade them. Actually while writing this I realize, wouldn't they have to go through waivers first???????

I just didn't know if they count against the player limit.
They are our property until being a UFA by age. But they are not signed either, so they don't count to our contract limit.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

vCash: 500
adater ‏@adater 3m
I believe Avs will make an offer for DeKeyser

Nice to know that we at least tried if Dater is right. Sure he will end up in Detroit though.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:51 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
adater ‏@adater 3m

Nice to know that we at least tried if Dater is right. Sure he will end up in Detroit though.
I think almost every team makes offer for him.

Don't count Tampa out.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Flow

vCash: 542
I finally identified Sherman's strategy. He has us with one of the worst D-cores in the whole league, so he can lure in good free agent defenseman and tell them "you can step in a big minute role right away,". Am I right!?

Old
03-23-2013, 04:31 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Quote:
adater ‏@adater 3m

Really? well at least they try. But highly doubt that he signs here unless they offer him some crazy bonuses or something. Can you do that with rookies?

Old
03-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Really? well at least they try. But highly doubt that he signs here unless they offer him some crazy bonuses or something. Can you do that with rookies?
He'll get the max ELC, just like Schultz did. They won't hit most of the bonuses so the salary isn't that high but the cap hit is close to $4M.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:18 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
He'll get the max ELC, just like Schultz did. They won't hit most of the bonuses so the salary isn't that high but the cap hit is close to $4M.
Yeah, 3,775 mil per.

But I think Dekeyse can only sign for 2 years as did Schultz and Sustr.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
We are at like 47 to 49 players signed with Meurs being the most recent.

Joel Chouinard: Gone
Mike Connolly: Re-signed
Dillon Donnelly: Not offered
Cameron Gaunce: Re-signed, will be his last chance
Milan Hejduk: Retired
Chuck Kobasew: traded
Brad Malone: Re-signed
Joachim Nermark: given a ELC
Ryan O'Byrne: traded
Thomas Pock: Gone
Sean Sullivan: Gone
Bill Thomas: Re-signed
David Van der Gulik: Re-signed
Geoff Walker: Gone
Luke Walker: Re-signed

Wildcard: Condon Will be signed if he wants to turn pro

The real question is, does Parshin & Holos count against the 50 player limit?
The changes I see in bold

That gives the Avs about ~41 contracts for next year. Add Connolly, Condon, 1st round pick, few free agents... we will see the Avs sitting at about 46-47 again next year. I think the Avs will trade away one of the goalie prospects as a throw in for some deal before the trade deadline.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I'm not sure they'll give Nermark an ELC. Seems like a low end SEL player to me.

As for DeKeyser. Pretty much the only advantage Avs would have over some other organizations is if we would guarantee enough NHL games to burn a year off his ELC this season.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
I'm not sure they'll give Nermark an ELC. Seems like a low end SEL player to me.

As for DeKeyser. Pretty much the only advantage Avs would have over some other organizations is if we would guarantee enough NHL games to burn a year off his ELC this season.
Nermark hasn't really been put in a position to succeed. Played 4th line minutes for 2-3 years and bounced around the junior club. He is way too good for the under 20 team, but not trusted enough to get good minutes in the SEL. If he can play in Lake Erie next year, he will break out. He will never be a real strong scorer, but his defense will be excellent and a great PKer.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Nermark hasn't really been put in a position to succeed. Played 4th line minutes for 2-3 years and bounced around the junior club. He is way too good for the under 20 team, but not trusted enough to get good minutes in the SEL. If he can play in Lake Erie next year, he will break out. He will never be a real strong scorer, but his defense will be excellent and a great PKer.
It's very unusual for NHL teams to bring over Europeans to be marginal fourth liners and Nermark never have produced offense to suggest he could be more than that. There are plenty of North Americans that can do that who have been schooled in playing on small ice.

Nermark seems like a lower end life time SEL player to me.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
It's very unusual for NHL teams to bring over Europeans to be marginal fourth liners and Nermark never have produced offense to suggest he could be more than that. There are plenty of North Americans that can do that who have been schooled in playing on small ice.

Nermark seems like a lower end life time SEL player to me.
Well, if he ends up being a Sammy Pahlsson-type player, he'd be great as a 3rd/4th line guy. Then again, he could be another Riku Hahl. We'll see if the Avs sign him. Given the fact they've been in such a hurry to sign guys and still haven't tendered him makes me think they won't.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:25 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well, if he ends up being a Sammy Pahlsson-type player, he'd be great as a 3rd/4th line guy. Then again, he could be another Riku Hahl. We'll see if the Avs sign him. Given the fact they've been in such a hurry to sign guys and still haven't tendered him makes me think they won't.
I would be very suprised if Nermark reached Riku Hahls level. Hahl managed to be one of the topcenters in the SEL for a couple of season. Highly doubt Nermark will reach that level. He is just average or below average at everything and there is no potential there.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
I would be very suprised if Nermark reached Riku Hahls level. Hahl managed to be one of the topcenters in the SEL for a couple of season. Highly doubt Nermark will reach that level. He is just average or below average at everything and there is no potential there.
Still is one of the best defensive centers in FEL. His offense has dropped though.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:34 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Sign him to a minor league contract and start him with the Cutthroats. We just had Beaupre and Lauridsen work their way into real contracts going that route, and if we sign Nermark to a minor league deal we aren't burning one of our 50 contracts. At least get him to NA and see what he's got.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Nermark made a big mistake by staying in Sweden, he should've went through the CHL route.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
BusterBluth

Is there a way of finding out where are scouts are currently scouting?

There are often reports of other teams having their scouts at particular games, but the Avs are very rarely mentioned.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBluth View Post
Is there a way of finding out where are scouts are currently scouting?

There are often reports of other teams having their scouts at particular games, but the Avs are very rarely mentioned.
Not really. When it's mentioned it's when journalists reports which scouts have gotten accreditations for a game.

I never pay much attention to it. Pro scouts scout games. That's their job. They probably keep up to date with all teams during a season and doesn't only scout players they are interested in. Besides, with every team having every game on video they probably use video to scout potential trade targets as much as seeing them live.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwotsblessing View Post
Sign him to a minor league contract and start him with the Cutthroats. We just had Beaupre and Lauridsen work their way into real contracts going that route, and if we sign Nermark to a minor league deal we aren't burning one of our 50 contracts. At least get him to NA and see what he's got.
We had almost zero risk doing that during the lockout. I'm positive that without the lockout they'd have received ELC's. One team offers him an ELC for good play and he could leave us without even telling the Avs.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:06 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We had almost zero risk doing that during the lockout. I'm positive that without the lockout they'd have received ELC's. One team offers him an ELC for good play and he could leave us without even telling the Avs.
I'm not sure how this all works in relation to our rights to a player we have drafted who is on a minor league contract. Beaupre was an Avs draftee, Lauridsen was a free agent when they signed minor league contracts. There may be a provision about the Avs having first dibs for an ELC. Does anyone have more info?

Old
03-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwotsblessing View Post
I'm not sure how this all works in relation to our rights to a player we have drafted who is on a minor league contract. Beaupre was an Avs draftee, Lauridsen was a free agent when they signed minor league contracts. There may be a provision about the Avs having first dibs for an ELC. Does anyone have more info?
Here's the way I understand it. We have their rights up until the NHL's cutoff dates for whatever league we drafted them out of. Nermark needs a contract this season, so if we don't extend one to him and we give him a CHL/AHL minor league contract, he's not our property.

So if he lights up the AHL we have to offer him a contract quickly or hope he is willing to tell us about an offer first before he signs. Otherwise someone else can sign him.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:21 AM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Not really. When it's mentioned it's when journalists reports which scouts have gotten accreditations for a game.

I never pay much attention to it. Pro scouts scout games. That's their job. They probably keep up to date with all teams during a season and doesn't only scout players they are interested in. Besides, with every team having every game on video they probably use video to scout potential trade targets as much as seeing them live.
Yeah, how often have scouts been an indicator of a pending trade? Almost never.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:50 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Here's the way I understand it. We have their rights up until the NHL's cutoff dates for whatever league we drafted them out of. Nermark needs a contract this season, so if we don't extend one to him and we give him a CHL/AHL minor league contract, he's not our property.

So if he lights up the AHL we have to offer him a contract quickly or hope he is willing to tell us about an offer first before he signs. Otherwise someone else can sign him.
Thank you.

Closed Thread