HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

April 3rd Deadline Approaching

Old
03-21-2013, 04:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
I am fine overall with keeping Fisher\Legwand\Erat, I just don't think we can continue building our offense around those three. Erat should be a second line wing. Fisher and Legwand should interchangeably be 2/3 liners.

My concern is that Trotz\Poile will continue to focus on these guys as our "marquee offensive talent." Look at Erat, who by Trotz's admission has stunk this season...he's still among the leaders in forward icetime and power play time. He's been given a lot of leash to "play out of it," more than I think he should have been given.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I am fine overall with keeping Fisher\Legwand\Erat, I just don't think we can continue building our offense around those three. Erat should be a second line wing. Fisher and Legwand should interchangeably be 2/3 liners.

My concern is that Trotz\Poile will continue to focus on these guys as our "marquee offensive talent." Look at Erat, who by Trotz's admission has stunk this season...he's still among the leaders in forward icetime and power play time. He's been given a lot of leash to "play out of it," more than I think he should have been given.
A little more rest might be what Erat actually needs.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I am fine overall with keeping Fisher\Legwand\Erat, I just don't think we can continue building our offense around those three.
I don't think you can have both though. You either keep them all and build around them, or you let one go and bring in someone else to build around. I mainly say this because I still don't believe we'll ever be a big spending team. So having $14M+ tied up in 3 old 2nd/3rd liners leaves little room for error in filling up the top lines. Letting one go and bringing in an upgrade for a only a couple million more seems more feasible to me.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Sleazoid
Who needs offense?

Erat has been great for us for a few years hasn't he? I think he is playing injured and don't think we should trade him, and Fisher isn't going anywhere. However SK and Hannan need to go.

Sleazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Soundgarden

Rumour has it Poile could trade our 1st yet again. My bet is ok a 30+ year old, a grinder, or a defensman if it does happen. How about we just draft 5-10 and get a good young player for once.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:11 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Rumour has it Poile could trade our 1st yet again. My bet is ok a 30+ year old, a grinder, or a defensman if it does happen. How about we just draft 5-10 and get a good young player for once.
rumor from who?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:58 PM
thecloser

Where is this rumor?

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Byrddog

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Close to the bottom of the article.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:28 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Any interest in Boyes for a 3rd, if his extension talks fall apart?
He's split roughly half the season on the 1st line, half the season on the 2nd line.

8 goals, 18 assists in 31 games.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I have no problem with him being "open to trading Nashville’s first-round draft " or being open to moving roster players for more picks depending on the return and our situation in 8-10 days. We're not eliminated nor a lock for a playoff position yet. This is a tight run to the finish ... buckle up.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I have no problem with him being "open to trading Nashville’s first-round draft " or being open to moving roster players for more picks depending on the return and our situation in 8-10 days. We're not eliminated nor a lock for a playoff position yet. This is a tight run to the finish ... buckle up.
I don't mind trading it if we can get some young scoring forward, but I don't want it to be Ales freaking Hemsky or another Gaustad/Fisher/Legwand/50pt. Max guy.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:52 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I don't mind trading it if we can get some young scoring forward, but I don't want it to be Ales freaking Hemsky or another Gaustad/Fisher/Legwand/50pt. Max guy.
Of those players, only Goose has never exceeded 50 pts in the NHL.

Deadline deals are costly for the buyers ... always have been. If Poile makes a move, we complain he pays too much. If Poile doesn't make a move, we complain he's not doing enough. I'm glad I don't have his job.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
If he can get a guy that can pot 20 NHL goals right now its better than the chance of a midround 1st. If were assured of a top 5 pick then he should hold on to it. With this team who knows what is going to hgappen. Even 2 points out of a playoff position there will be the yearning to squeeze in. Its pretty pointless to hope for playoffs at this point even with a couple additions the team still has issues that would prevent a 1st round victory.

This roster needs to be refreshed, and not on the young side. The need for established forwards with proven scoring abilirty needs to be a priority.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
If he can get a guy that can pot 20 NHL goals right now its better than the chance of a midround 1st. If were assured of a top 5 pick then he should hold on to it. With this team who knows what is going to hgappen. Even 2 points out of a playoff position there will be the yearning to squeeze in. Its pretty pointless to hope for playoffs at this point even with a couple additions the team still has issues that would prevent a 1st round victory.

This roster needs to be refreshed, and not on the young side. The need for established forwards with proven scoring abilirty needs to be a priority.
Right now our pick is in the top ten, but like you said we're only three points out of eighth. What we need is a mini- rebuild. Trading a fisher/Legwand, a hannen/gill and drafting with our pick is a lot better then playing the Hawks or Ducks in the first round and getting swept. Sure we could go on a tear, but this team has been a mess this year and I wouldn't count on that happening.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Right now our pick is in the top ten, but like you said we're only three points out of eighth. What we need is a mini- rebuild. Trading a fisher/Legwand, a hannen/gill and drafting with our pick is a lot better then playing the Hawks or Ducks in the first round and getting swept. Sure we could go on a tear, but this team has been a mess this year and I wouldn't count on that happening.
Fisher and Legwand will not happen due to NTC's. Our best hope is Gill but his cap hit is 2 Million, and I don't see many teams jumping on that. Hannan would be a rental so I doubt many would be in for that as well. Only an idiot like Poile jumps on rentals.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:28 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Fisher and Legwand will not happen due to NTC's. Our best hope is Gill but his cap hit is 2 Million, and I don't see many teams jumping on that. Hannan would be a rental so I doubt many would be in for that as well. Only an idiot like Poile jumps on rentals.
lol okay...

he also turned our two rentals, from last year, into multiple year contracts...

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:31 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Thank you for more of the he's an idiot if he makes a move, incompetent if he doesn't diatribe. Rentals move at EVERY trade deadline as teams try to make a tweak to remedy that one perceived weakness in a lineup. Jagr might be a rental this deadline.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Thank you for more of the he's an idiot if he makes a move, incompetent if he doesn't diatribe. Rentals move at EVERY trade deadline as teams try to make a tweak to remedy that one perceived weakness in a lineup. Jagr might be a rental this deadline.
Jagr is 40 I hope to God Poile doesn't give up significant assets for a 40 year old rental in a year where we aren't contending.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:00 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

if we make the playoffs, we are contending. Not to say id go after Jagr, but we arent a basement dwelling team, regardless how we have played for stretches this season.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
if we make the playoffs, we are contending. Not to say id go after Jagr, but we arent a basement dwelling team, regardless how we have played for stretches this season.
This team has now won 6 regulation games not exactly making them a contender. More of a Pretender really.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:08 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

theres a broken record somewhere in here, can someone turn it off?

Old
03-23-2013, 08:11 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
theres a broken record somewhere in here, can someone turn it off?
Break the needle

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Even though I'm pretty optimistic compared to some, I still say no rentals. Unless we're talking about a rental of Jan Hlavac for a 7th, long term solutions only please.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
NoNecksCurse

hell no to rentals. this team is not a contender. anyone who says we are may be delusional.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Jagr is 40 I hope to God Poile doesn't give up significant assets for a 40 year old rental in a year where we aren't contending.
Did I say Poile should, or even might, go after Jagr if he is indeed on the market? N ..... O However, if he does hit the market as a rental, somebody would pick him up ... which by your definition makes that GM an "idiot".