HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 01:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Let's not forget the salary cap factor. Bob cost more than MFL (I think that's the acronym you were shooting for). Plus, there were some reasons to question if Bob would be able to grow. I'm not defending the decision by any means, but it's not entirely black and white.
yeah thats what I was shooting for. no idea why i went with MAF haha
if its a cap issue then there are other things they could of done. But I know they never would have. See buyout Jody Shelley.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:23 PM

Bit of a rules question. Say it's a 2-on-0 break and the guy with the puck is brought down from behind by a forward. The puck breaks to the other guy who shoots but the goalie saves it.

Is it a penalty shot still? Technically they denied the main guy a goalscoring opportunity, but a shot was still had.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
SAT:

we need regulation wins from:

OTT
BOS
MON
FLA
I would think we need regulation wins from TB,Toronto,Buffalo and Florida if you are looking to put distance between us and the teams ahead of us.
Unless you think this is a playoff team lol

Old
03-23-2013, 01:54 PM
orangecrush8

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

Video explaining the non-suspension for Nash

I find it hilarious that nothing is mentioned about Nash leaving his feet.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:02 PM
orangecrush8

Kind of a random question, but it's something I have always wondered.

Is the time clock always readjusted after every whistle?

For example, in a close game with very little time left we see extra time put on the clock, .7 seconds for example, to account for the delay in the time clock after the ref blows the whistle. Is this done after every whistle? If not, hypothetically speaking, a goal that happens .1 seconds after the end of the period would have technically counted if the clock was properly adjusted.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Kind of a random question, but it's something I have always wondered.

Is the time clock always readjusted after every whistle?

For example, in a close game with very little time left we see extra time put on the clock, .7 seconds for example, to account for the delay in the time clock after the ref blows the whistle. Is this done after every whistle? If not, hypothetically speaking, a goal that happens .1 seconds after the end of the period would have technically counted if the clock was properly adjusted.
i think the officials worry about it more if its a 1 goal game or a tie game late and where the faceoff is. A team can have the clock looked at if say a puck goes out of play and a second or 2 extra go off the clock.
I would imagine tho the officials would only look at it very late in a period.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Tank Watch:

Tampa Bay's getting routed by Ottawa 4-0 after 1.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If Tampa loses, we actually go ahead of them (1 more game played than us and same amount of points and 1 more loss).

Old
03-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Let's not forget the salary cap factor. Bob cost more than MFL (I think that's the acronym you were shooting for). Plus, there were some reasons to question if Bob would be able to grow. I'm not defending the decision by any means, but it's not entirely black and white.
He also wouldn't have gotten the playing time or the coaching he's getting in Columbus, so things might have turned out very differently for Bobrovsky if he stayed here. I think for goalies in the NHL it's just so much about being in the right place at the right time as there is about skill. There's an abundance of good goalies out there, but not everyone gets their chance. Or some that do get it, start out by playing bad, and then get discarded as busts. Bobrovsky got lucky he went to Columbus and got that second chance. I can just as easily see a scenario where he'd be the backup goalie for years, playing the odd game, and then getting fed up and going back to Russia or somewhere where he could play.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Washington looks like they're actually pulling together/have pulled together. Their PP last night looked like a team of Oateses with their passing. They look like they're doing what Oates wants them to do, instead of figuring out if they're still playing for Hunter, Bruce, or Oates.

Backstrom still insists on those blind passes to nobody. They haven't worked since 09-10.

03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Tank Watch:

Tampa Bay's getting routed by Ottawa 4-0 after 1.
OTT regulation win 5-3 final

Old
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM
freakydallas13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If Tampa loses, we actually go ahead of them (1 more game played than us and same amount of points and 1 more loss).
I don't know whats more hilarious, the fact that the Flyers can move up in the standings without playing, or the fact that we should be upset about it

Old
03-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I would think we need regulation wins from TB,Toronto,Buffalo and Florida if you are looking to put distance between us and the teams ahead of us.
Unless you think this is a playoff team lol
think ? i dunno .... hope ? absolutely !!!

c'mon :
BOS
MON
FLA

Old
03-23-2013, 07:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Kadri continues his hot streak. 1-0 Leafs

Old
03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Orr and Thornton go right after that. Orr with the edge.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:20 PM
orangecrush8

On Coaches Corner tonight Don Cherry said the reason the Bruins get the fewest powerplays is because of all the Canadians on their team. And Canadians don't dive

After Ron McLean mentioned Marchand, Cherry mentioned that "oh well we put up with him".

Old
03-23-2013, 08:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
On Coaches Corner tonight Don Cherry said the reason the Bruins get the fewest powerplays is because of all the Canadians on their team. And Canadians don't dive

After Ron McLean mentioned Marchand, Cherry mentioned that "oh well we put up with him".
I don't mind Cherry. I sometimes agree with the stuff he says. The majority of the time though he's out to lunch.

I do think it's funny seeing the Cherry defenders trying to make sense out of his off the wall comments all the time.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Bobrovsky: 4 goals allowed (1 on the PP) in the first 10 min of the 1rst. Maybe all that Vezina talk will quiet down for a while...

Old
03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Bobrovsky: 4 goals allowed (1 on the PP) in the first 10 min of the 1rst. Maybe all that Vezina talk will quiet down for a while...
Pulled in the first for Mason.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:44 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't mind Cherry. I sometimes agree with the stuff he says. The majority of the time though he's out to lunch.

I do think it's funny seeing the Cherry defenders trying to make sense out of his off the wall comments all the time.
My biggest issue with Cherry is the fact he will take something completely out of context as long as it fits his agenda

I remember a few years back when Carcillo was on the team, Cherry took a clip of Carcillo going after Crosby after the whistle. What Cherry failed to show, or even mention, was that Crosby took a shot on net after the whistle, which sparked the minor confrontation with Carcillo and Crosby. Ultimately Cherry's whole point was essentially that Carcillo is scum and he shouldn't go after a guy like Sid.

I'm not saying Carcillo is completely innocent, but that is just one of many examples of Cherry finding whatever he can, regardless if its true or not, to help prove his opinion

Old
03-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
My biggest issue with Cherry is the fact he will take something completely out of context as long as it fits his agenda

I remember a few years back when Carcillo was on the team, Cherry took a clip of Carcillo going after Crosby after the whistle. What Cherry failed to show, or even mention, was that Crosby took a shot on net after the whistle, which sparked the minor confrontation with Carcillo and Crosby. Ultimately Cherry's whole point was essentially that Carcillo is scum and he shouldn't go after a guy like Sid.

I'm not saying Carcillo is completely innocent, but that is just one of many examples of Cherry finding whatever he can, regardless if its true or not, to help prove his opinion
To be fair, few in the Canadian media were more critical of Crosby's antics that Cherry--from the dives to the petty stuff.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

New thread is open.

Closed Thread