HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Question regarding potential trade target

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  #1
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,967
vCash: 873
Question regarding potential trade target

Not here to trolll, just here to ask a legit question.

It's obvious by my avatar where my rooting interests reside, however I have always been impressed with balls that your Org. has shown over the year to make some significant trades.

Knowing that Defence is an issue for you guys, is there a legit chance that you guys make a major push to acquire the #1 overall selection and select Seth Jones?

Assuming you do not make the PO's, do you have your first this year?

Do you think you have the components needed to entice a team to get a deal done?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:09 PM
  #2
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,968
vCash: 500
Doubtful.

If Jones isn't on the board where we pick, we will pick BPA, which will likely be a forward.

Could that forward be packaged to try to get a true #1D? That's far more likely.

I don't see any way Jones becomes a Flyer unless the Flyers win the lottery.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
  #3
I Am Number 28
Registered User
 
I Am Number 28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Doubtful.

If Jones isn't on the board where we pick, we will pick BPA, which will likely be a forward.

Could that forward be packaged to try to get a true #1D? That's far more likely.

I don't see any way Jones becomes a Flyer unless the Flyers win the lottery.
I would hope if the Flyers cannot get Jones, they would make a nice package for Shattenkirk and draft a stud forward.

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:20 PM
  #4
chinatown81592
New Regime?
 
chinatown81592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Country: China
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
So you guys want Feds back?
Based off the title of your thread.

chinatown81592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
  #5
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,967
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
So you guys want Feds back?
Based off the title of your thread.
lol, no thanks.

Would love to get Simmonds.

Love the way that kid plays.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
  #6
JackStraw
Moving much too slow
 
JackStraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not here to trolll, just here to ask a legit question.

It's obvious by my avatar where my rooting interests reside, however I have always been impressed with balls that your Org. has shown over the year to make some significant trades.

Knowing that Defence is an issue for you guys, is there a legit chance that you guys make a major push to acquire the #1 overall selection and select Seth Jones?

Assuming you do not make the PO's, do you have your first this year?

Do you think you have the components needed to entice a team to get a deal done?
A friendly chat with the enemy is always welcome

The Flyers do have their 1st this year and the answer to your other questions would probably depend on where that pick is and what the needs of the team that does pick #1 are. Predicting what Homer will do is pretty tough, he's obviously shown the willingness to make bold moves.

If trading up for Jones is too expensive he might target one of the other defensemen who are up there, Nurse for instance. And then trade for a veteran defenseman (since we will in all likelihood need more than one).

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:53 PM
  #7
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
lol, no thanks.

Would love to get Simmonds.

Love the way that kid plays.
He's not available.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
  #8
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
He's not available.
I'd make him available plus Bryz for Henrik and Staal.....

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
  #9
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Here's a deal for a Rangers Flyers move. You give us Tort's and you can have Lavy!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
  #10
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I'd make him available plus Bryz for Henrik and Staal.....
Right now I'd accept a used equipment bag for Bryz!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:24 AM
  #11
OzFlyer
Registered User
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
Right now I'd accept a used equipment bag for Bryz!
You should really give JackStraw his Avatar back. He has been using it for along time on various forums.

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:29 AM
  #12
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
You should really give JackStraw his Avatar back. He has been using it for along time on various forums.
I've been using mine too for a very long time as well.It's just a coincidence that both of us are Deadheads who support the Flyers. Sorry if it offends you, but I've been a Deadhead and Flyers fan since 1967.....and I'm not changing either.

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
  #13
JackStraw
Moving much too slow
 
JackStraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
I've been using mine too for a very long time as well.It's just a coincidence that both of us are Deadheads who support the Flyers. Sorry if it offends you, but I've been a Deadhead and Flyers fan since 1967.....and I'm not changing either.
Hey, it's no problem. "We are everywhere"... Still

Also a Flyers fan since '67 but didn't go Dead until mid-seventies.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:57 PM
  #14
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
He's not available.
Not true...would you trade him for McDonagh??

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:03 PM
  #15
I Am Number 28
Registered User
 
I Am Number 28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Not true...would you trade him for McDonagh??
No. I'd rather trade Couturier and Read.

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:51 PM
  #16
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Hey, it's no problem. "We are everywhere"... Still

Also a Flyers fan since '67 but didn't go Dead until mid-seventies.
No problem JackStraw! I changed my avatar to the band's favourite venue. I first saw the boys at their admitted worst performance ever. Woodstock. I was hooked after that. Saw them at the Spectrum 26 of their 55 shows there, as well as seeing them numerous times up and down the eastern coast. I even saw them in the old country @ Wembley!
If you attend the Furthur shows or Phil & Friends/ Ratdog etc. maybe I'll see you at a show!
Cheers!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:09 AM
  #17
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
No problem JackStraw! I changed my avatar to the band's favourite venue. I first saw the boys at their admitted worst performance ever. Woodstock. I was hooked after that. Saw them at the Spectrum 26 of their 55 shows there, as well as seeing them numerous times up and down the eastern coast. I even saw them in the old country @ Wembley!
If you attend the Furthur shows or Phil & Friends/ Ratdog etc. maybe I'll see you at a show!
Cheers!
They actually played 2 venues more than the Spectrum; Oakland Coliseum and Winterland Arena. Both in Cali. And since they were from the Bay Area, I'm pretty sure they probably liked playing both of them more.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:13 AM
  #18
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
They actually played 2 venues more than the Spectrum; Oakland Coliseum and Winterland Arena. Both in Cali. And since they were from the Bay Area, I'm pretty sure they probably liked playing both of them more.
debbie downer.

Where did you get your info... wiki?

come on, the guys are fans of a band - need to correct them (in your opinion) is a bit much.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:19 AM
  #19
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
debbie downer.

Where did you get your info... wiki?

come on, the guys are fans of a band - need to correct them (in your opinion) is a bit much.
Actually a big fan of the dead myself, thanks for asking. Just correcting some incorrect info, that's all. Doesn't change the fact that their concerts @ the Spectrum were amazing.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:51 AM
  #20
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Actually a big fan of the dead myself, thanks for asking. Just correcting some incorrect info, that's all. Doesn't change the fact that their concerts @ the Spectrum were amazing.
Have you ever hung out with them? I have, on many an occasion. Phil has told me that he favours the fans in Philadelphia. He also loved The Spectrum, outside of their true home in SF.
The fans in Philly always brought out the best in them, and The Spectrum was the leading major sports arena they performed at. The older building in SF didn't seat nearly as many people as The Spectrum.
p.s. I used to cook for them (I'm a chef).

I think it's cool that you wish to correct me, it just shows how much you younger fans enjoy them. It's all good. Make sure you continue seeing them with Furthur~

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:53 AM
  #21
OzFlyer
Registered User
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
No problem JackStraw! I changed my avatar to the band's favourite venue.
Sorry mate, no disrespect meant to a long-time Flyers fan (you sound about my age too!).
Love your new Avatar, I was there the first season of the Flyers though still a Jersey Devils (EHL) fanatic.

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:00 AM
  #22
OzFlyer
Registered User
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Back on Subject.........
You can see every team in the league could use a player like Simmonds. A good reason to hold on to him IMHO!

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:33 AM
  #23
JackStraw
Moving much too slow
 
JackStraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
Have you ever hung out with them? I have, on many an occasion. Phil has told me that he favours the fans in Philadelphia. He also loved The Spectrum, outside of their true home in SF.
The fans in Philly always brought out the best in them, and The Spectrum was the leading major sports arena they performed at. The older building in SF didn't seat nearly as many people as The Spectrum.
p.s. I used to cook for them (I'm a chef).

I think it's cool that you wish to correct me, it just shows how much you younger fans enjoy them. It's all good. Make sure you continue seeing them with Furthur~
Don't want to hijack this into a Dead thread but... I never saw a west coast show but the band has said that the east coast shows were a lot more energy, we didn't get to see them as much as the Bay Area folks did so it was always a charged atmosphere.

First show was Binghamton '77 and I think the best was at the Spectrum in May '78. I don't really go to concerts any more, prefer local music generally but who knows. Maybe I'll catch them in Boston one of these days.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:03 PM
  #24
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Sorry mate, no disrespect meant to a long-time Flyers fan (you sound about my age too!).
Love your new Avatar, I was there the first season of the Flyers though still a Jersey Devils (EHL) fanatic.
Cool! The EHL Jersey Devils who used to play in Cherry Hill were cool. I remember their rink quite well. They didn't have glass, they had the old fashioned fencing instead of plexiglass.
I remember they had a player/coach named Wayne Kitchen. They were a tough crew. Sort of the inspiration behind the league shown in the movie Slapshot!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:12 PM
  #25
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Don't want to hijack this into a Dead thread but... I never saw a west coast show but the band has said that the east coast shows were a lot more energy, we didn't get to see them as much as the Bay Area folks did so it was always a charged atmosphere.

First show was Binghamton '77 and I think the best was at the Spectrum in May '78. I don't really go to concerts any more, prefer local music generally but who knows. Maybe I'll catch them in Boston one of these days.
Jerry once said that the shows and the crowd at home (SF), were laid back and maybe took the band for granted in a sense. He loved all of his fans, but he just loved the excitement he felt on the East coast.

I cooked for them many times, from Boston to Atlanta. I loved making them feel comfortable so far from Frisco. I really loved their crew as well, guys like Ramrod were fun to be around.

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.