HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT - Bon Cop, Bad Cop

Old
08-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
I hope is going to be better than Les dangereux
I could write, shoot and edit a movie better than that crap in all of one day. That's not setting the bar very high.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
you'd be stuck in one place if you only knew how to speak french. English is the door to the world. We have no choice to learn it if we want to open our horizons.
Yet someone who's been living in Montréal for a few years and still doesn't understand french is a moron. He's missing half of what the city has to offer. Plus if you have a chance to learn another language easily, why not do it? I'm not the kind of nationalist who'll insult people because they can't speak french in Montréal, it's just that I hate that kind people, those who feel good with their intellectual poverty....(same with unilingual francos)

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:40 AM
flappuck

I went to see the movie on friday to be entertained and that's exactly what I got, entertainment.

Cheap version of Lethal Weapon? Maybe but who cares? I got my money's worth and I'd rather invest in our movie industry than the american movie industry.
Got some good laughs (some of the jokes are clichés but still funny), the action was good enough and while the story wasn't very good, you don't go see this kind of movie for the story now do you?

All in all, if you're looking for a fun movie, I strongly suggest it.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:17 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Yet someone who's been living in Montréal for a few years and still doesn't understand french is a moron. He's missing half of what the city has to offer. Plus if you have a chance to learn another language easily, why not do it? I'm not the kind of nationalist who'll insult people because they can't speak french in Montréal, it's just that I hate that kind people, those who feel good with their intellectual poverty....(same with unilingual francos)
Well you just called them morons. Also not everybody has the time or is willing to make the effort. He probably can understand a bit of it but not enough to understand a movie. Also remember that learing french is alot more difficult then learning english and its alot easier to find a motivation to learn english then it is to learn any other language. That being said I agree with the general idea of your message that people who live in a place should at least try to get a basics of the local language.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
simply put.. i went to the cineparc and it was really entertaining. Louis Josée Houde was funny... Patrick Huard was nice. The plot is for hockey fan cause you gotta understand some story about the #88 move and the #99 move. Was real fun and funny. I find it great that Quebec produce that kind of quality action-humour movie. The scene of action are almost like Hollywood scene.

F. Duchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
maniac

very great moive yes far fetched but hey its a comedie and i was lmao all movie long!!!!!!!!!

a defenit must see in the theatre for sure

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Saw it yesterday, great entertainment! And so many more laughs when you know a bit about hockey, that Gary Bettman imitation is sooo sweet! Go see it, you won't be disappointed!

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 05:06 PM
J-D

Saw it yesterday,

Three stars out of five.

Entertaining, and us hockey fan will get alot of the inside jokes about the NHL. The love scene/fight scene was pure genious. "VIVE LE QUEBEC LIBRE! YES!!!" Ha hahahaha.

PS: Leave politics out of this thread please, thank you.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 06:34 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
It's true what you say, but kind of boring because it always comes up. If people don't want to learn French, they'll pay the price for it - financial, cultural and familial (because often English people move to get work, then you have to leave your family). If there are any young parents out there reading this, you better teach your child French or expect to lose them later in life.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 07:36 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Well you just called them morons. Also not everybody has the time or is willing to make the effort. He probably can understand a bit of it but not enough to understand a movie. Also remember that learing french is alot more difficult then learning english and its alot easier to find a motivation to learn english then it is to learn any other language. That being said I agree with the general idea of your message that people who live in a place should at least try to get a basics of the local language.
Well, what I was trying to say I won't insult them in a "speak french or get out of Québec", xenophobic, semi-nazi way. But it's just not my kind of people. I like those who are curious about learning new things in general. As for french being harder to learn than english, every immigrant I know who learned french here told me it was as easy as learning english, at least for the basics. But french is a lot harder to master. With that said I don't know a lot of people who were able to master a language they learned while they were adults (even english)...

Old
08-06-2006, 08:29 PM
ushveen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
so i take it that no one went to catch it at Fantasia then?
Yeah, I saw it at Fantasia too. It was awesome that Patrick Huard, Kevin Tierney, Eric Canuel and Lucie Laurier were there to give their thoughts and answer questions.

ushveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Markov79

Quote:
I agree or disagree depending on what you mean by "understand". Some people like myself are by no means fluent but still get by. I can read in french with little problem but my writing is terrible. I can understand when someone speaks so long as they speak clearly and don't rush or have a thick accent. I can speak french but will use english words every so often, more so if it is a topic that i've never had the oppurtunity to speak about in french (the time i went to french mechanic was hell, "bonjour, je besoin un nouveau..um...bumper et....un headlight"). Also I choose not to watch "star acadamie" or listen to "les cowboys frignants"

Am I a bad quebecer or not? Some people have told me no and some people have said yes. Either way I'm moving to Ontario, Alberta or New England anyway. La, je suis pas le gars anglophone qui peut pas parle francais assez bon, mais quelqu'un qui parle la francais plus bon que la plupart des gens.

that make any sense?

Markov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:13 PM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D View Post
PS: Leave politics out of this thread please, thank you.
Last warning,

This thread is about a movie.

There is an unofficial poltics board here on HF if you don't mind.

Old
08-06-2006, 10:21 PM
SpreeEndaz

Louis-José Houde could turn Titanic into Dude, Where's my Car? in a second, this guy is a mastermind of comedy, enough said.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
you'd be stuck in one place if you only knew how to speak french. English is the door to the world. We have no choice to learn it if we want to open our horizons.
Yey, now I can watch tanned chicks with silicon boobs eat worms for a 15 minutes fame and understand how dumb they really are!! The world is mine!

Yes, speaking english helps when you're in a foreign country, and generally for knowledge partage... but that's about it. Try to learn foreing languages if you really want to open your horizons.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 11:09 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Yey, now I can watch tanned chicks with silicon boobs eat worms for a 15 minutes fame and understand how dumb they really are!! The world is mine!

Yes, speaking english helps when you're in a foreign country, and generally for knowledge partage... but that's about it. Try to learn foreing languages if you really want to open your horizons.
Well we dont all have time for that. How many languages do you speak? Anyway I'm happy with my french and my english. You're lucky you have time and energy for such things. Anyway english helps me comunicate with people of every culture so I guess I'll have to settle with that for now. But this thread shouldnt be about your issues with anglophones. It's about this cool/funny movie. Lets get back on track.

Old
08-06-2006, 11:49 PM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Louis-José Houde could turn Titanic into Dude, Where's my Car? in a second, this guy is a mastermind of comedy, enough said.
Taaattoo

Old
08-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Well we dont all have time for that. How many languages do you speak? Anyway I'm happy with my french and my english. You're lucky you have time and energy for such things. Anyway english helps me comunicate with people of every culture so I guess I'll have to settle with that for now. But this thread shouldnt be about your issues with anglophones. It's about this cool/funny movie. Lets get back on track.
It's not about how many languages you speak.. just don't say that english leads to something better, while it mostly leads twards crappy pop music, crappy pop movies and crappy american culture.

uh, hum and as I predicted earlier in this thread ..it's a crappy movie.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 12:48 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
It's not about how many languages you speak.. just don't say that english leads to something better, while it mostly leads twards crappy pop music, crappy pop movies and crappy american culture.

I didn't know English was such a useless language. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm gonna learn Chinese right away.

Old
08-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Markov79

Quote:

For every Britney Spears there is a Louis Armstrong

For every Dude, Where's my car there is an American History X

For every National Enquirer there is a Catcher in the Rye

For all the crap it spews American culture has also been the most dynamic and creative culture of the past 100 years. No culture can approach the volume of high quality work coming out of the United States in almost every field over the past century and likely into the future.

Old
08-07-2006, 08:15 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79 View Post

For all the crap it spews American culture has also been the most dynamic and creative culture of the past 100 years. No culture can approach the volume of high quality work coming out of the United States in almost every field over the past century and likely into the future.
Agreed.

As for your answer to my message, I'm not fluent in english either, but as long as you're able to communicate, that's fine.

BUT COME ON:

YOU DON'T WATCH STAR ACADÉMIE???? GO BACK TO ONTARIO YOU STUPID ANGLO!!!

Old
08-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I didn't know English was such a useless language. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm gonna learn Chinese right away.
I think we'd be doing ourselves a favor...Chinese IS the next language of commerce.

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:44 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyclaus View Post
I think we'd be doing ourselves a favor...Chinese IS the next language of commerce.
But...wich dialect!

Old
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79 View Post

Yeah, but Quebec has given us Michel Pagliaro, Mitsou, Les Boys, Celine Dion, Gino Vanelli and Corey Hart. We rock@!

Old
08-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Markov79

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Yeah, but Quebec has given us Michel Pagliaro, Mitsou, Les Boys, Celine Dion, Gino Vanelli and Corey Hart. We rock@!
les boys was pretty fantastic....