HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Don Cherry & Coach's Corner '13 Version | Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
  #76
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Go ahead and post, I enjoy it. You are free to express your feelings. I'd rather be a fanboy than a whiner.
No, explaining something and whining is not the same thing.

Fact: Bruins do dive.
MYTH: Bruins don't dive.

Fact: Bruins won because of their American, Slovakian, and Czech players.
MYTH: Bruins won because they had a lot of Canadians on the team.

I like Don Cherry, he's a passionate hockey guy but some of the stuff he spews is absolutely wrong.

It's as if he forgets that are are European players that are great hockey legends too.

I've never heard Don Cherry throw a praise for Mats Sundin...yet he'll always be calling Gilmour a legend.

Pi is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:38 PM
  #77
Budddy
Registered User
 
Budddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Okanagan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
No, explaining something and whining is not the same thing.

Fact: Bruins do dive.
MYTH: Bruins don't dive.

Fact: Bruins won because of their American, Slovakian, and Czech players.
MYTH: Bruins won because they had a lot of Canadians on the team.

I like Don Cherry, he's a passionate hockey guy but some of the stuff he spews is absolutely wrong.

It's as if he forgets that are are European players that are great hockey legends too.

I've never heard Don Cherry throw a praise for Mats Sundin...yet he'll always be calling Gilmour a legend.
its a free country...he can voice his opinion...oh...only if you agree with him?

Budddy is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
  #78
LarryO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
That was a great video at the end of the segment. Anybody have a youtube link to that video?

LarryO is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:49 PM
  #79
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Coach's Corner Mar 23 2013


Fred Murtz is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
  #80
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
No, explaining something and whining is not the same thing.

Fact: Bruins do dive.
MYTH: Bruins don't dive.

Fact: Bruins won because of their American, Slovakian, and Czech players.
MYTH: Bruins won because they had a lot of Canadians on the team.

I like Don Cherry, he's a passionate hockey guy but some of the stuff he spews is absolutely wrong.

It's as if he forgets that are are European players that are great hockey legends too.

I've never heard Don Cherry throw a praise for Mats Sundin...yet he'll always be calling Gilmour a legend.
The problem with this post chastising his opinions? It only contains opinions even though the word fact made an appearance, inaccurately.

I am not saying he is right or wrong, I am saying that if you think his act "is getting old"...then stop watching him. It is for this reason that when Glen Heally starts talking, I flip the TV to Seinfeld reruns or curling or something until the game resumes. Heally sucks, in my opinion, but I don't race to my computer when he says something stupid and complain about how sad it makes me.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:58 PM
  #81
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Yes, Don seemed very serious about it. He really took a stand there.

Or not.

I love how some of you watch him, get offended because you have zero sense of humor, post on here about how offended you are, and then count the minutes until the next Coach's Corner so you can be offended again.
You've never slowed down on the opposite side of a divided highway to look at an accident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
It's a free country. Stop watching him then. (...)
My tax money at work.

And a gong show is good for the soul once in a while...

If only to feel better about yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budddy View Post
its a free country...he can voice his opinion...oh...only if you agree with him?
He's not a caller on a phone-in show.

He's paid a great amount of money to spew his opinion.

And a good number of people take him at face value (look through this thread).

He might try not to deviate too far from the truth, once in a while.

You know, just to surprise us.


Last edited by beauchamp: 03-23-2013 at 08:09 PM.
beauchamp is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:12 PM
  #82
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
Coach's Corner Mar 23 2013

Thanks, I couldn't find a stream that aired it. The clip at the end, about time he showed it, it's been around for while. Does it have a thread here?

Jussi is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:21 PM
  #83
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
That was a great video at the end of the segment. Anybody have a youtube link to that video?

Jussi is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
  #84
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
You've never slowed down on the opposite side of a divided highway to look at an accident?







That was hilarious but also so true

Ziggy66 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #85
LarryO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Thanks!

LarryO is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
  #86
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,572
vCash: 500
That ending video...

Syckle78 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
  #87
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
That was a great video at the end of the segment. Anybody have a youtube link to that video?


As a volunteer coach I can tell you, it's one of the highlights of my week. Amazing time coaching kids with the only agenda is to have as much as possible!

Habsawce is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 11:43 PM
  #88
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post


That was hilarious but also so true
Yeah, nothing more hilarious than an accident on the highway.


fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 11:46 PM
  #89
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
Thanks!
Same team:





I think I've seen a gif of this actually.

Jussi is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:01 AM
  #90
TalkingHead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
The kid at :56 is such a troll.

TalkingHead is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 07:44 AM
  #91
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
Coach's Corner Mar 23 2013

Thanks for this.

What in the blue hell is Don wearing?

That video at the end is awesome and got me a bit teary eyed.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
  #92
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Yes, Don seemed very serious about it. He really took a stand there.

Or not.

I love how some of you watch him, get offended because you have zero sense of humor, post on here about how offended you are, and then count the minutes until the next Coach's Corner so you can be offended again.
This. Few posts last week, I guess because people didn't have something to complain about?

The Legend is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:12 AM
  #93
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
No, explaining something and whining is not the same thing.

Fact: Bruins do dive.
MYTH: Bruins don't dive.

Fact: Bruins won because of their American, Slovakian, and Czech players.
MYTH: Bruins won because they had a lot of Canadians on the team.

I like Don Cherry, he's a passionate hockey guy but some of the stuff he spews is absolutely wrong.

It's as if he forgets that are are European players that are great hockey legends too.

I've never heard Don Cherry throw a praise for Mats Sundin...yet he'll always be calling Gilmour a legend.
I think you need to look up your definition of the word "fact"

The Legend is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
  #94
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 70,015
vCash: 500
Couldn't help but cringe when he said the Bruins don't dive and he mentioned how many Canadians they had.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:23 AM
  #95
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 36,244
vCash: 500
McLean should have responded to Cherry by playing the Embellishment City video.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:07 AM
  #96
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
This. Few posts last week, I guess because people didn't have something to complain about?
I am sure many people were terribly disappointed last week. They were not able to be outraged and the subsequently write about how outraged they were. They had to be not outraged for a whole week. Good thing he came through this week and made some not-even-serious remarks about the Bruins diving and being Canadian (he was basically laughing at himself when Ron brought up Marchand, but I digress).

Now they can go back to being terribly distraught and get back to the name-calling (senile, dinosaur, etc.). Because, of course, they hate Don's name-calling and the hate being distraught.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:16 AM
  #97
black charger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
So,I guess all the whiners think the Bruins would have won the cup without the Canadians on the team.

If it wasn't for all the christian Canadians you all complain about there wouldn't even be an NHL.

black charger is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:01 PM
  #98
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
I am sure many people were terribly disappointed last week. They were not able to be outraged and the subsequently write about how outraged they were. They had to be not outraged for a whole week. Good thing he came through this week and made some not-even-serious remarks about the Bruins diving and being Canadian (he was basically laughing at himself when Ron brought up Marchand, but I digress).

Now they can go back to being terribly distraught and get back to the name-calling (senile, dinosaur, etc.). Because, of course, they hate Don's name-calling and the hate being distraught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
So,I guess all the whiners think the Bruins would have won the cup without the Canadians on the team.

If it wasn't for all the christian Canadians you all complain about there wouldn't even be an NHL.
Some facts will always be true:

1. Death and taxes. And in some jurisdictions, your death will be taxed.

2. The sun will rise in the morning.

3. Some of Cherry's fans will make me laugh, even if it's not their intent.

4. Don will be right once in a while.


Last edited by beauchamp: 03-24-2013 at 01:15 PM.
beauchamp is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 02:28 PM
  #99
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Thanks for this.

What in the blue hell is Don wearing?

That video at the end is awesome and got me a bit teary eyed.
He shops at a fabric store commonly used for furniture and drapes. No joke.

The replay of Kaleta acting like a princess in the penalty box was funny as hell. What a goof. Scott knows how to act like a man.

Everlong is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
  #100
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Yeah, nothing more hilarious than an accident on the highway.



It if funny because it is a figure of speech. When you drive by an accident on the highway you slow down and usually based on human nature you look. In relation to don cherry you slow down and look/watch because he is a wreck.

Sorry if you dont get it, or are you just being super serious for the sake of being super serious

Ziggy66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.