HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulis - 70 or more points

Old
08-05-2006, 06:36 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
Sure he took less money to sign with vancouver but at the end of the day hes there to pad his stats and thats not a good thing to have either. It will be fun to see how bulis reacts when vancouver puts him on the 3rd line because hes not cutting it on the first. When its all said and done bulis will have played for 10 teams because thats the type of player he is. The closer he got to free agency the more selfish he got.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
tinyzombies

I definitely think it would be possible just because he gets so many chances because of his speed, but I don't think his linemates in Vancouver will be able to complement him properly. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I do think there's potential there that is still untapped. He had a great season in Europe and then we buried him on the third line. I still think that was a mistake.

He's not going to make any plays and he's going to blow a lot of chances and he's not going to muscle anyone off the puck, but he causes havoc with his speed and forechecking and is decent in his own zone.

He would be a great complementary player on a line with some big guys who put up points.

He would have been great in Florida or Tampa or Carolina even. Somewhere where they have size. But in Vancouver he's cruelly walked into the same situation as he had in Montreal, except he's inherited a second line spot through lack of depth.

tinyzombies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Archijerej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielson81 View Post
I'm going against the grain here and saying if he plays in the Canucks top six he will hit 70 points.
Highly doubtfull, but even if he'd do that his value for the Habs would not increase, because he would do that for the CANUCKS. Playing here he would have no chance to be a top six forward because he's not better than either Higgins or Samsonov. And even if he somehow managed to get a spot with Kovalev, Koivu or Ribeiro he would not score that many. It was tried and it is certain (maybe he will indeed enjoy better linemates in Vancouver). So he would play as a checker, a role he doesn't want to play and is not commited to anymore. So when I'll be enjoyiong Mike Johnson's rock solid defensive play I certainly wont give a damn how many points Bulis piles up in the western conference. Hopefully

Archijerej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I think Ribs has a better chance of hitting 70 points this season then Bulis. And that's saying something

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:43 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Sure he took less money to sign with vancouver but at the end of the day hes there to pad his stats and thats not a good thing to have either. It will be fun to see how bulis reacts when vancouver puts him on the 3rd line because hes not cutting it on the first. When its all said and done bulis will have played for 10 teams because thats the type of player he is. The closer he got to free agency the more selfish he got.
um have you seen the canucks lineup? their offense is depleted and when the canucks got him he automatically became a top 5 forward for them (naslund, sedins and morrisson are the only players that are better). bulis picking vancouver was a great move for himself. we all saw him in montreal, he works hard..so there's no reason why he'd be taken off the first two lines if he sticks to his work ethic. i don't see two players like ryan kesler or alex burrows taking his place...that would just be blasphemous. he was signed to be a top line guy.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:59 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post

The problem is when the player puts his own personal goals above his team; which is something Bulis did this year.
not true, he played great on the 3rd line, he just asked if he could play top 6 since he tought he deserved it, Bob said no, he may have been pissed off and may have asked out, but on the ice he was playing like he always played.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:00 AM
znk

He fans on to many shots/passes. If he corrects that it will make a difference. If he gets powerplay ice time it could also help. But I doubt he'll be on the powerplay for verry long.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:10 AM
NewHabsEra*

No doubt, Canucks are in trouble.. They will compete for the 8th spot.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:22 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielson81 View Post
I'm going against the grain here and saying if he plays in the Canucks top six he will hit 70 points.
Over how many seasons?

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Pere Noel

This whole - 70 point player thing - just reminded me of the Brian Savage case.

He and his agent, had been bragging multiple times, about his scoring skills. In contract negotiations, we would hear the outrage, and how dare they would be offered so little for a 30 goal scorer....

He was the best 30 goal scorer who never scored 30 goals in his whole career.

You can rest assure, I will pay attention to Bulis' numbers all season long

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
I think Ribs has a better chance of hitting 70 points this season then Bulis. And that's saying something
Not really, Ribs reached 65 once, bulis never really came close to 50.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Bulis could reach 60+ points. Problem is, by doing so, his overall game will suffer, much like it did last year...

And from a $ stand point. You'd be foolish to think he has taken this because of personal goals over money.

Sure, it's possible that he got a 1.5M offer somewhere over the 1.3M he got. But the potential increase in salary he could get by having 1 good offensive year greatly outweight that 0.2M for a year...

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Over how many seasons?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
he just asked if he could play top 6 since he tought he deserved it, Bob said no,
You do remember that Bulis was in the top 6 at the end of the season and in the playoffs? Right?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Slick Nick

Geeeeeez... So much hate for such a neutral player... starting to think media has a long long hand.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Geeeeeez... So much hate for such a neutral player... starting to think media has a long long hand.

Where do you read hate?

Looks to me that we just analyze the situation.

Old
08-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Where do you read hate?

Looks to me that we just analyze the situation.
a (very good) third liner thrown away like this.. never seen. Not like anyone expected 45 goals from him.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
a (very good) third liner thrown away like this.. never seen. Not like anyone expected 45 goals from him.
A good 2nd liner thrown away because we originally mistook him for a 3rd liner. Or so he would have you believe

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 01:34 AM
GoGionta

Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
I really didn't mind him as a third liner. But if you have him in your top 6, i think your team lacks offensively. He has great speed, but not very good hands. Not a good finisher. He's definately better has a defensive offense.

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 06:42 AM
warsawyak

Remember Beauchemin?

You just never know, you just never, freaking, know...

Franky, just as Bulis, had a rather small coterie here. And now people are composing poems about him, cf. Ode to Beauchemin

warsawyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:10 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
There was a time not long after he and Zednik where traded to Montreal that I thought both of them could be 60 to 70 pt players. It took me not much more time after that to realize that neother would be, especially Bulis. I would be suprised if even in Vancouver he could get over 50pts. Zednik on the other hand might reach 70 this season if he gets to play a decent amount with Ovechkin.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I dont see the canucks scoring near as many goals as they have in recent years. So the 70 point mark just got even tougher for bulis.

This is not to say that the nucks haven't improved. They wont need to score as much with a more defensively aware D-core and arguably, the most talented goalie today.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Bulis will never get 70 points.He won't finnish the year on the top 2 lines in Vancouver either

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Bob simply let him go because Bulis no longer wanted to play that role. No hate there.

Old
08-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsawyak View Post
Remember Beauchemin?

You just never know, you just never, freaking, know...

Franky, just as Bulis, had a rather small coterie here. And now people are composing poems about him, cf. Ode to Beauchemin
It's true.... Just like the Sabres wish they had kept Begin.