HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #701
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50


Tom freaked me out reminding me of Josefson's injury.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #702
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!
 
EliasR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 11,533
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinZ View Post
No, they made an announcement during the game that it was a broken collarbone.
Yup you're right. I think they did that for both of Josefson's injuries last year.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #703
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Can't be some kind of bruise or something? I'm not a shoulder injury expert (because I haven't had one... yet), but I assume that's still a possibility in some capacity. Temporary limitation of movement, soreness, etc. Probably out a week or two. Something along those lines mildly possible?
Its absolutely possible. Only thing that leads me to refute that is that a warrior like Kovy looked like he was in severe pain

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #704
Status Quo
Registered User
 
Status Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 1776
I'm so ****ing bummed out right now.

Status Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #705
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
Season isn't over, but let's be real here folks.

If Kovy's out, this team isn't making the playoffs unless all the other teams poop the bed.
Best we can hope for is a massive case of the Patrick Ewing effect.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #706
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalchukR8 View Post
Yup you're right. I think they did that for both of Josefson's injuries last year.
Yes. I posted the video to one above but it was in game. I guess it's quick to diagnose that? Which could be a good things. Glass half full.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #707
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinZ View Post
Except for the idiots who were trying to say he looked like he got the wind knocked out of him.
It's actually exactly what it looked like. He ws grabbing his chest.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #708
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Commence the Ewing Theory

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #709
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinZ View Post
Except for the idiots who were trying to say he looked like he got the wind knocked out of him.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #710
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta
 
Traitor Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Best we can hope for is a strain. A couple days off and he's fine. But you're right. I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario where he's back relatively quickly. Trying not to be pessimistic.
All due respect, I don't see how he could get a strain on that play (most shoulder strains are from over-exertion and extensions) and that is not the evolution of how he impacts there. That's a head on hit he had.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #711
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
I'm sure we could remain a playoffs team until Ilya comes back. Our leaders will step up big time and it's also a blessing in disguise. Kovy will finally take care of his f'ing back and take re-finally some due rest... And he'll be ready to annihilate the league for the playoffs.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #712
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Can't be some kind of bruise or something? I'm not a shoulder injury expert (because I haven't had one... yet), but I assume that's still a possibility in some capacity. Temporary limitation of movement, soreness, etc. Probably out a week or two. Something along those lines mildly possible?
It's possible it's just a shoulder bruise, but he looked to be in more pain than that. And even a slight strain or bruise on his right shoulder could be debilitating for him when he is a right handed shot.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:15 PM
  #713
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Its absolutely possible. Only thing that leads me to refute that is that a warrior like Kovy looked like he was in severe pain
While I agree, I would imagine that something like that still hurts like ****. Again, since I've never done it, I couldn't comment how that feels vs. how a more serious shoulder injury feels, but if this kind of injury were possible, maybe he was willing to put up with it (after a little while) and he was being held out because it was unknown what the injury actually was yet. Not trying to be hopelessly optimistic here or anything. Just trying to see if there's any legitimate possibility to a slightly less pessimistic result.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:15 PM
  #714
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's actually exactly what it looked like. He ws grabbing his chest.
What would you grab if your collarbone was hurting? It was either that or the shoulder, anybody who saw it on the jumbotron/TV must`ve known.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:16 PM
  #715
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
All due respect, I don't see how he could get a strain on that play (most shoulder strains are from over-exertion and extensions) and that is not the evolution of how he impacts there. That's a head on hit he had.
You're probably right. No preface needed.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:17 PM
  #716
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It's possible it's just a shoulder bruise, but he looked to be in more pain than that. And even a slight strain or bruise on his right shoulder could be debilitating for him when he is a right handed shot.
That's why I'm wondering if it was something that would keep the team more inclined to not bring him back out there. Thats probably something they would really want to evaluate before putting him back on the ice. And he probably knows enough about the potential severity for a right shoulder injury to himself. Knowing Kovy, unless it was the pain associated with a REALLY severe shoulder injury, I imagine he would still try to talk his way back onto the ice.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:17 PM
  #717
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
While I agree, I would imagine that something like that still hurts like ****. Again, since I've never done it, I couldn't comment how that feels vs. how a more serious shoulder injury feels, but if this kind of injury were possible, maybe he was willing to put up with it (after a little while) and he was being held out because it was unknown what the injury actually was yet. Not trying to be hopelessly optimistic here or anything. Just trying to see if there's any legitimate possibility to a slightly less pessimistic result.
Im with ya buddy. Im hoping its just a bruise maybe a contusion , but Im not very confident

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:17 PM
  #718
Devilsfanatic0421
"You're next"
 
Devilsfanatic0421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,142
vCash: 500
Is the Ewing theory more credible than the Verducci effect?

Devilsfanatic0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:18 PM
  #719
Sherseys
Registered User
 
Sherseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
It's possible that the injury isn't that severe (wishful thinking?). Perhaps getting hit like that aggravated his already painful back. Don't get me wrong, his shoulder was hurting, no doubt, but maybe it was his back that hurt after that too. Might've put him in more pain than just his shoulder.

Sherseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 PM
  #720
Thunderfest
The Wumpus
 
Thunderfest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Can't be some kind of bruise or something? I'm not a shoulder injury expert (because I haven't had one... yet), but I assume that's still a possibility in some capacity. Temporary limitation of movement, soreness, etc. Probably out a week or two. Something along those lines mildly possible?
Unlikely. It would be very hard to bruise your shoulder through a shoulder pad.

Thunderfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 PM
  #721
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,469
vCash: 500
I thought the Devils were fine tonight, except for their powerplay (again). Right now I can't really think about anything other than the Kovalchuk injury and I'm just hoping it isn't as bad as it looked

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM
  #722
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 3s
DeBoer on Kovalchuk injury: "We'll get through it. He's obviously probably going to be out for at least a short time." #NJDevils

Hope the team comes together . Now more then ever we need someone to step up.

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
  #723
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
What would you grab if your collarbone was hurting? It was either that or the shoulder, anybody who saw it on the jumbotron/TV must`ve known.
Yeah. Thing is with trauma to anything upper body one will "fold" and it might look like you're grasping but it's the body being in shock kind of and making itself as small as possible.

Personally, I think he's done for the season. But god I hope I'm wrong.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
  #724
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta
 
Traitor Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 3s
DeBoer on Kovalchuk injury: "We'll get through it. He's obviously probably going to be out for at least a short time." #NJDevils

Hope the team comes together . Now more then ever we need someone to step up.
Tallinder.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
  #725
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 3s
DeBoer on Kovalchuk injury: "We'll get through it. He's obviously probably going to be out for at least a short time." #NJDevils

Hope the team comes together . Now more then ever we need someone to step up.
Is Pete speculating too maybe? Maybe he just saw the injury, saw him go to the back and assumed he was out "a short time."

Unless he got some sort of preliminary diagnosis.


ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.