HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL center ice

Old
08-05-2006, 08:36 PM
mdm815

vCash: 500
NHL center ice

OK, now I dont really know anything about how to get, or what I need. Would anyone care to fill me in on some details, liek the price, what I need to get it, and exactly what Im getting? Thanks

mdm815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
My dad got it for us last year....All he had to do was call directv up and ask the operator about it and give his account info and request to order it....as for price...I don't know, but you can pay it in 4, 2, or 1 installments....I believe it is 150 dollars total....it is added to your monthly bill also

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM
flyersfan97

Correct, it can just be done via the phone, but do remember that it will be on your bill every year unless you cancel it. In other words, it's automatic-you only have to request it once. Honestly, I absolutely love it, but I live out of the area. Do know that you will rarely if ever get the Flyers home feed, but you will get virtually every game played in the NHL for the entire season. You will also get all playoff games as well. It's the best money I've ever spent.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Flyers12FROM21*

Send a message via AIM to Flyers12FROM21* Send a message via MSN to Flyers12FROM21*
How about Direct TV in general? Is that good. I would like to know about how much that is and all that. Cause cable sucks, and I could get NHL Center Ice

Flyers12FROM21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:23 PM
mdm815

So wait, I have comcast digital cable. AM I correct in assuming there's no NHL centerice or anything similar to it for me?

Old
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12FROM21 View Post
How about Direct TV in general? Is that good. I would like to know about how much that is and all that. Cause cable sucks, and I could get NHL Center Ice
I like DirecTv and wouldn't go back to cable if you paid me. Yes, you do lose reception in huge storm but it is usually pretty brief, and is getting better. What stinks is when a big storm moves in five minutes before the end of whatever show you're watching. If you have young ones, I REALLY recommend it-I have three Disney Channels, two Nickelodeons and a bunch of other kids related stuff-they even have PBSKids 24/7--nothing worse than flipping through channels at 2am and seeing 'Barney'. We also pay a few dollars more for the 'gold package' which includes all the movie channels which include five HBOs, a couple of Cinemax's, three or so Showtimes, Starz, oh gosh and a bunch more as well. It goes from channel 501-549+ just for those types of movies, then there's like 100 pay-per view channels, you can get 'all day packages' and the movies they have start just about every half hour on different channels. The pay-per-view is about a month behind the video stores, though. All in all, I can't compare it to digital cable, because I've never had it. We got DirecTv when I became addicted to hockey, so we've had it for well over a decade-long before digital cable even existed. Good luck with whatever choice you make and if I can be of further help, let me know.

Old
08-05-2006, 09:58 PM
flyersfan97

Also, on the months I'm not paying for hockey my bill is in the $95-$100 range depending on whether or not we rent movies, but like I said we have the top of the line package ('premiere' or 'gold'). On the months when you're paying for hockey the bill is about $140-for three or four months, I forget which, but my first installment should be this month or next. When I get my bill, I'll let you know.

Old
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm815 View Post
So wait, I have comcast digital cable. AM I correct in assuming there's no NHL centerice or anything similar to it for me?
Center Ice is available on comcast. The only package Comcast does not have is the NFL Package which is exclusive to Direct TV. One of the mainly pluses of having Direct TV.

FlyersProspect2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:11 PM
BROADSTREETBULLY

Send a message via AIM to BROADSTREETBULLY Send a message via Yahoo to BROADSTREETBULLY
moved out of comcast country into cablevison land....love centre ice...love the Hockey Night in Canada..love the Hockey Day in Canada day long special too....makes you not want to leave the house though..get all the early games and then all the 10:30 games too..

BROADSTREETBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Flyers12FROM21*

Send a message via AIM to Flyers12FROM21* Send a message via MSN to Flyers12FROM21*
ok ok wait

if i get comcast cable...again...i remember having it when i was younger...

can i get nhl center ice, AND the flyers games? from comcast?? ha

Flyers12FROM21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 08:54 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

If you have Comcast cable from the Philadelphia area, you are just about guarenteed Flyers games.

If you aren't, you must call your cable provider(or satellite provider) to see if they offer the Center Ice Package. DirecTV does provide it, so does Comcast cable.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 05:38 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
If you have Comcast cable from the Philadelphia area, you are just about guarenteed Flyers games.

If you aren't, you must call your cable provider(or satellite provider) to see if they offer the Center Ice Package. DirecTV does provide it, so does Comcast cable.
Just don't order center ice (or at least do some research) if you're in the york area...for some reason we get baltimore feeds for comcast...and for some reason center ice blacks out flyer games...so i go to college there and can pretty much watch the flyers if they're on NBC or play the caps...because for some other reason the york area doesn't recieve OLN on any basic/digital cable packages that me and my roommates looked into getting...i've cleverly named the york area the "no fly zone" and love to complain about it

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 05:53 PM
phlacheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03 View Post
Just don't order center ice (or at least do some research) if you're in the york area...for some reason we get baltimore feeds for comcast...and for some reason center ice blacks out flyer games...so i go to college there and can pretty much watch the flyers if they're on NBC or play the caps...because for some other reason the york area doesn't recieve OLN on any basic/digital cable packages that me and my roommates looked into getting...i've cleverly named the york area the "no fly zone" and love to complain about it
yup, the same thing goes for the whole region up to camphill...so def check what feeds u get first. harrisburg and on east towards philly it is comcast philadelphia and places south and west of camphill/harisburg get baltimore/washington comcast becasue its supposed to be more in demand for our region. its some major bull cause even if i order center ice the philly games still get blacked out. Im basically inside the blackout region and outside the local region in a little place known as hell.

phlacheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

It really just depends on what service area you are considered being in.

I'm in one of the few areas of Central NJ which Cablevision does not cover so I have Comcast. I get pretty much the same lineup as Cablevision customers including MSG, FSNY, YES, ect. I don't get any Flyers games however unless I have Center Ice. I of course have Center Ice since it's a no brainer cost wize.

The package cost is always released in late september, at least around here. Ordering is very easy.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 07:42 PM

Is there any way of getting Flyers games broadcast here in the UK? We have this channel called NASN but we only really get one game per 6 weeks...

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newham View Post
Is there any way of getting Flyers games broadcast here in the UK? We have this channel called NASN but we only really get one game per 6 weeks...
'bout to go over to school there... would be interested to know. however, i'm throwing a slingbox in my parents place with Center Ice and DVR to deal with the need...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:52 PM
mdm815

OK, so I have comcast bensalem, which is I guess near trenton, and I get the Philadelphia comcast. Should I just call up comcast and basically ask them about the actual package, and wether or not Ill still get my CSN flyers games too? Thanks for the help so far..

Old
08-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm815 View Post
OK, so I have comcast bensalem, which is I guess near trenton, and I get the Philadelphia comcast. Should I just call up comcast and basically ask them about the actual package, and wether or not Ill still get my CSN flyers games too? Thanks for the help so far..
If you get them now, you'll still get them with Center Ice, just that feed will be blacked out. You'll watch Flyers games like you do now on Sportsnet.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote