HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#Sabres

Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
He actually got an assist.

And in other news, Cody Hodgson is now 11th in center scoring and Tyler Ennis is 19th

Incredible we have 2 centers in the top 20 for scoring and they are both 23.
Regier circa few years back: "We have 2 top 20 centers." (Roy, Connolly).

Let the nightmares begin.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

A winning streak?! Reminds me of this:

Bills don't know what the hell to do with 2 wins.

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
Stop saying that.

Anything CAN happen, but usually DOESN'T.

If THIS team won the Cup this year, the NHL should be disbanded,
That's a silly notion. If they played well enough down the stretch to not only make the playoffs, but go to the Cup Finals and win... it's not because the NHL should be disbanded. It would be beause they are playing excellent hockey and nothing else.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
i love this team. i do. but how much more has to happen before we're all in agreement that this team is just not good enough? i want to surround our talent in the pipeline with...more talent. not inconsistent players who don't show up every night. and the more they win, the more it looks like the core that can't get it done will be staying.
Whatever happens happens.... the fact that they win and being pissed is just mind blowing. Instead of focusing on the draft...just focus on the damn game.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post

Forgot about that one. Good god that guy better get fired soon.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:32 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
G: Return of Vanek
B: Subban rushing the pick and the crowd roaring like he's the second coming of Bobby Orr
U: Crowd calling Miller's name in a 0-0 game.

Honestly I don't think that game was as bad as some think. I don't think we were dominated. Maybe the shot totals were off but I would bet the quality scoring chances were a lot closer. I think at times are breakouts are much improved, as is our forecheck.
I agree with you. Take out Leopold and different game too.Myers had a major brain cramp but was better than he's been. He knew it too, his face on the way to bench said it all.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:34 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post

They're not bad for their age. Need to be better in dot and defensive zone coverage and be backed by a third centre who dominates defensively

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
i love this team. i do. but how much more has to happen before we're all in agreement that this team is just not good enough? i want to surround our talent in the pipeline with...more talent. not inconsistent players who don't show up every night. and the more they win, the more it looks like the core that can't get it done will be staying.

i want a cup. i've said it before. the first step is acceptance that they suck. the second step is action. i'm ready for step two when it seems like many haven't bought into step one.
I think the good news is that even if we somehow become buyers at the deadline I still think we also ship out some roster players. Instead of future help we'd get roster help right back.

So think stafford and Leopoldo moving out west for picks. Using those picks or our own to fill those roster spots instead of filling it for. Rochester. Or maybe a brad boyes kind of deal

That top pick wold have been nice though..

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
If we make the playoffs great, do you truly believe we're going to win even a round if we make it? I mean honestly, do you see us beating Pittsburgh, Boston or Montreal in a 7 game series? All the games against Montreal this year, we've been dominated but somehow we squeak out a win.

Anyways, a win's a win and I won't complain too much. Win's are always nice, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing, another 9th place finish or 1 and done in the playoffs are meaningless. Landing a player like Mackinnon isn't. Just my two cents.

Thanks for bailing our awful team out again Miller.
I believe they could beat Boston. Not the others mentioned, though.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Problem with Boston is that Bergeron will completely shut down the top line in a playoff setting.

I think Montreal is beatable because they're an easy(ish) team to trap against.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:50 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Did Hecht do anything tonight?

drinking bleach irl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:52 PM
indigoo

I'm just really having a hard time cheering them on now because it seemed like a great year to get a top pick. And the coaching change had me thinking that perhaps another necessary move would be made so things can be different. But again it's the same story, and while no one knows how it will end up, it just feels so much the same as the past few years. It's insanity. Now that they're playing well, things will be overlooked. Trade deadline moves? Hmm, sure. Though I doubt it.

Cynicism, pessimism has the better of me, but I just want **** to change with this team.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Snippit

Next 3: Tampa, Florida, Washington. All below us in the standings.

Win these 3, and things get very interesting.

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoo View Post
I'm just really having a hard time cheering them on now because it seemed like a great year to get a top pick. And the coaching change had me thinking that perhaps another necessary move would be made so things can be different. But again it's the same story, and while no one knows how it will end up, it just feels so much the same as the past few years. It's insanity. Now that they're playing well, things will be overlooked. Trade deadline moves? Hmm, sure. Though I doubt it.

Cynicism, pessimism has the better of me, but I just want **** to change with this team.
There wasn't going to be a lot of movement from them at the deadline regardless. Teams are looking for quick fixes not overhaul. They will probably trade Stafford for a pick. The true rebuild will be during the offseason.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

good- sabres win !!!! 3 in a row !!

if we finish 6th and get the south east winner in 1st round, we should be able to get to round 2

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
indigoo

Quote:
There wasn't going to be a lot of movement from them at the deadline regardless. Teams are looking for quick fixes not overhaul. They will probably trade Stafford for a pick. The true rebuild will be during the offseason.
True; however I don't see a rebuild coming. We can only wait and see at this point.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
You think they'd beat Boston in a seven-game series? Interesting. I think we'd get waxed, two regulation wins against Boston notwithstanding. Not sure we'd be able to meet their playoff intensity.

I'd much prefer Montreal. They're a talented team, but they're not "hard to play against," as that phrase is used in the NHL.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't see Darcy moving him for a pick. I think he'll either make a hockey trade with him at the deadline--talented underachiever for talented underachiever--or he'll hold him until the offseason.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
It's not just the roster players, I think many of us were hoping to suck for a complete front office purge. Darcy gone, new GM picks his coach and just go with a fresh start. But no, with this winning streak Darcy is more than likely going to be retained. I'll believe he wants a rebuild when I see it with my own eyes.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
You think they'd beat Boston in a seven-game series? Interesting. I think we'd get waxed, two regulation wins against Boston notwithstanding. Not sure we'd be able to meet their playoff intensity.

I'd much prefer Montreal. They're a talented team, but they're not "hard to play against," as that phrase is used in the NHL.
I don't like Montreal's speed against us. Also, Montreal has proven to be playoff performers as well.

I don't think the odds are in our favor to beat Boston, but i think we match up well with them, and could 'troll' them off their game a bit.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
It's not just the roster players, I think many of us were hoping to suck for a complete front office purge. Darcy gone, new GM picks his coach and just go with a fresh start. But no, with this winning streak Darcy is more than likely going to be retained. I'll believe he wants a rebuild when I see it with my own eyes.
I have confidence in Dancy, but i see where u guys are coming from.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 11m

Sabres won 2-1 despite Canadiens' 85-31 shot-attempt margin. Buffalo blocked 31 shots, led by Mike Weber's eight.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:35 PM
McTank

I havent noticed pysyk at all the last 3 games, I guess that's a good thing?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:43 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 11m

Sabres won 2-1 despite Canadiens' 85-31 shot-attempt margin. Buffalo blocked 31 shots, led by Mike Weber's eight.
This tells you the Sabres are playing desperation, playoff hockey right now. This is exactly what happened last year.

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I havent noticed pysyk at all the last 3 games, I guess that's a good thing?
Pysyk has had 3 solid games. At least he doesn't create heart-attack moments like Myers or Leopold do every game. I hope when Sekera returns, he stays in the lineup for Leopold.

oh, and tonights game was very ugly. They outplayed us but miller saved us the 2 points. Glad to see Vanek back on the scoresheet too.

As for the playoffs:
If we win the next 3 games, I start getting excited. so wake me up when march ends.

Luceni is online now   Reply With Quote