HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 32: Preds vs Blue Jackets 7:00 PM CST "Hockey Fights Cancer Edition"

Old
03-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
so youd rather be a jacket fan?

I thought the preds played a great game. We couldnt tame the jackets in the second... so what they played a good 2nd period, ill give them credit. But it isnt like we flat out sucked in the 2nd. Overall a good game and it is one I wouldnt mind seeing more often
Did I say I'd rather be a Jacket's fan? My complaint was they looked like they let up once the 1st was over. Just looked like they ran low on energy just as Columbus was gaining it. At the end of the 1st the momentum shifted to Columbus where it appeared to stay the rest of the game. They spent most of the 2nd and 3rd in their own end.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The goal off of Fisher's stick is a bad outcome from a player trying to do the right thing. I'd rather have one of those every now and then rather than the guys not putting forth the effort.
Completely agreed.

This was a good win, we needed this.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
INDhockeyfan

Great win tonight. Got contributions from everyone tonight. Glad to see Beck play so well tonight and get the 1st star. Butler got the 3rd star. Yes they let up in the 2nd but they protected the lead and won the game

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
This is not why I have been down on them. I have been down on them because they went from 13 shots in the first to 4 in the and and 6 so far in the 3rd. Columbus on the other hand, 1st-4, 2nd-9, and 3rd so far 9.

After that 1st Nashville's play looks more like they did in the first half of the season when they had 0 offense.
SOG is a slanted stat. In the first half of the 1st period, the bugs didn't play defense and Bob gave up rebounds that led to repeated shots (see Legwand's goal). They tightened up their game and Mason absorbed more shots than Bob did. The team was on its heals in the second, but for the first was a great offensive period and the third was solid although not spectacular.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Beck was the first star?

Old
03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Preds33

I will however say that it is nice to see them score 10 goals in their last 2 games

Old
03-23-2013, 09:54 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I will however say that it is nice to see them score 10 goals in their last 2 games
Offense has been hot lately.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Beck was the first star?
yes. 1 goal and 1 assist. Actually 3 of the B's were the 3 stars.

Beck 1g 1a - Bourque 2a - Butler 2a

Old
03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

theres a whole lotta complaining in this thread for a win.

Im gonna enjoy it and be ready for the next one.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
theres a whole lotta complaining in this thread for a win.

Im gonna enjoy it and be ready for the next one.
Agreed.

When is the last time our offense had stretch like this? Scoring has been on fire.

Rinne actually victimized tonight by 2 unlucky goals against.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Agreed.

When is the last time our offense had stretch like this? Scoring has been on fire.

Rinne actually victimized tonight by 2 unlucky goals against.
probably the last time we had a stretch of games against non-playoff teams.

sorry had to do it.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:15 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post

sorry had to do it.
Unless you bother to remember the win against Dallas ... the current #8 team.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:20 PM
klt2001

Quote:

sorry had to do it.
What I don't get is why you would want to follow a team or players that you think sucks....lol. Do I think Nashville is the best team ever this season....no.....but I still enjoy watching them and rooting for them and think they have a chance at the playoffs even if it may be remote.

Happy to see the Preds win tonight. I'll take that over a loss anyday whoever they play.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-23-2013 at 11:06 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:28 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Unless you bother to remember the win against Dallas ... the current #8 team.
oh ok yeah sorry the #8 seeded team dallas juggernaut. i think the post was "10 goals in last 2 games" so unless dallas suddenly became calgary or columbus, they wouldn't pertain to my post. and even if did dallas isnt a contender. they suck. there's a nice fire sale thread for dallas on the main board for a reason.

and if you guys can't sense the sarcasm in my post after i say "sorry had to do it".. please dont respond to my posts in the future. so quick to jump on a guy for no reason.

good game from the team. beck looked good. i want to see watson up.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
oh ok yeah sorry the #8 seeded team dallas juggernaut. i think the post was "10 goals in last 2 games" so unless dallas suddenly became calgary or columbus, they wouldn't pertain to my post. and even if did dallas isnt a contender. they suck. there's a nice fire sale thread for dallas on the main board for a reason.

and if you guys can't sense the sarcasm in my post after i say "sorry had to do it".. please dont respond to my posts in the future. so quick to jump on a guy for no reason.

good game from the team. beck looked good. i want to see watson up.
there are plenty of smilies to the right if you need them to indicate your sarcasm.

The team is averaging over 3g per game for the month of March ... including our four goals against bottom dwelling (note the emoticon) Canucks. Offensively, this team hasn't had many issues of late. Defensively, especially on special teams, there have been problems.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Iron Duke

Tough to complain about that result against a team that hadn't had a regulation loss in their last 11, and great to see the young guys taking the lead. This next stretch is sort of make it or break it time for this team with a very winnable slate of games coming up. Really need to win 5 out of the next 6 if they're serious about making the post-season.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
What I don't get is why you would want to follow a team or players that you think sucks....lol. Do I think Nashville is the best team ever this season....no.....but I still enjoy watching them and rooting for them and think they have a chance at the playoffs even if may be remote.

Happy to see the Preds win tonight. I'll take that over a loss anyday whoever they play.
Ask fans of Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Florida, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, etc.

My thoughts on Nashville is they have potential even though they really don't have that star player that most teams have, but they don't live up to the potential 60-70% of the time. Their biggest downfall has been the lack of confidence. I think half of that is on Trotz. The younger players are scared of making a mistake, because most of the time that means they will get benched. On the other side of that the vets don't care if they do make mistakes and play sloppy because they know that they will more than likely remain in action because they are vets.

Then you have Pekka, who is an amazing player, but is extremely hard on himself which hurts his confidence. I think in the last 5 or 6 games he has allowed 3 goals on the first shot he faced. Tonight was the only night of those 3 that he wasn't really affected by that, the other 2 really messed up his game.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Tough to complain about that result against a team that hadn't had a regulation loss in their last 11, and great to see the young guys taking the lead. This next stretch is sort of make it or break it time for this team with a very winnable slate of games coming up. Really need to win 5 out of the next 6 if they're serious about making the post-season.

What is going to hurt is April 1st - 7th. They play Chicago 3 times. These next 3 are crucial wins due to the first week of April

Old
03-23-2013, 10:49 PM
klt2001

The point I'm making is we seem to be hard on or down on our players/team alot (just read past threads/posts/posters if you don't believe me) rather than just enjoy the game.......The Preds won tonight...that should be something we should be enjoying/celebrating.....especially when we don't know when our next one might be. If they lose, then feel free to be negative all you want (I will probably join in too...lol.) but they won, so no complains out of me.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
The point I'm making is we seem to be hard on or down on our players/team alot (just read past threads/posts/posters if you don't believe me) rather than just enjoy the game.......The Preds won tonight...that should be something we should be enjoying.....especially when we don't know when our next one might be.
I think if you look at any team's boards you will see the same thing on all of them, probably even Chicago and Anaheim's

Old
03-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
What is going to hurt is April 1st - 7th. They play Chicago 3 times. These next 3 are crucial wins due to the first week of April
Yeah, we really can't afford to slip up against the likes of Edm, Col, Phx, and Cbus with those 3 looming.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
I really have to laugh at people here sometimes. When we score a few late after a team gets a big lead against us, the dismissive attitude is palpable. When we get a big lead and don't keep scoring at an unsustainable pace, the team gets slammed.

There were issues with the team's play in the 2nd period. So far in the 3rd, they are playing like a team with a lead who can pick and choose when they take risks and when they take the safe play.
This X 1,000,000

We just got home from the game- after a long, scary drive to Birmingham in a blinding rainstorm the whole 200 miles. But it was worth every minute of it.

Then I come on here to catch up on the boards, and what a surprise, people are still moaning and complaining after putting 5 goals on the board and getting an easy win over the hottest team in the NHL.

I can live with the negativity (and complain myself) when we are stinking, which has been often, but it is ridiculous after a game like tonight's.

I've said it before and I guess I will have to say it again- I have been a sports fan all my life and have participated on many, many message boards, and this is without question one of the most negative ones I have ever seen......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:59 AM
MoserHockey

Great Game, especially the first period.
The effort was amazing on the PK, and we almost scored at a 2 on 1 after that.

After the first period i really tought this could be a turningpoint, if they continue the effort in the last 2 periods.
Unfortunately they didn't but it was a great game however.

MoserHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Did I say I'd rather be a Jacket's fan? My complaint was they looked like they let up once the 1st was over. Just looked like they ran low on energy just as Columbus was gaining it. At the end of the 1st the momentum shifted to Columbus where it appeared to stay the rest of the game. They spent most of the 2nd and 3rd in their own end.
Yeah, Trotz definitely had the guys playing in prevent mode. But with a lead like that, can you hardly blame him? We don't exactly have the kind of skill guys necessary to break through that sort of thing, and a Wisniewski-less power play is hardly any power play at all up here.

Besides, we don't give up that easily anymore. We just don't have the offensive talent to claw our way out of that kind of hole. Sometimes we've gotten lucky regardless, but last night wasn't our night. Probably because, y'know, it was against the Preds in Nashville.

And now both of my teams have identical records. WTF.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
MrHenley

Some here have to realize that we can't play with 100% effort, at 100% efficiency, every shift, every period, every game. We got hot, scored 4 in the first. We are above average in defense and great in net. You can allow to take the heat down a notch. That was a fun game and a good result. Enjoy it. Save the moaning for the inevitable stretch where we can't score 5 goals in a week.

Also, I am not a fan of Trotz, but kudos to him for giving Bartley, beck, butler a chance. I'd rather have smith in over SK or Yip, but I'll give him credit. Young legs and fresh bodies have rejuvenated some guys on this team.

Lastly, Taylor Beck reminds me of Halischuk from last season (and as of late). He's not all world, but when he's on the ice, a lot more good happens than bad. For a "mid season" call up, that's all you can demand. I'm rooting for him to keep it up.

MrHenley is offline   Reply With Quote