HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Struggling versus the Sabres.. Habs lose 2-1.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:09 PM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
Eller should be shipped out of here asap before he's fully exposed as a glorified 4th liner that he is.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Eller has ONE bad game and he's suddenly not good enough to be our 3rd line center?

There's a reason why chuckie is playing wing right now. he's not ready yet. he will be in a couple of years.
Actually hes blown a bunch of clean feeds all season long. His physical tools are unreal but hockey sense wise he's very average.

MarkersMark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Yes, the refs blew at least two calls. But the refs didn't stop us from scoring goals, Miller did. I'm not happy about the officiating, but we hear this moaning every night from one fan base after another. We got beat by a hot goalie. Move on...
Of the 35 shots on net, not many had traffic in front of the net. I wish Gallagher and his style of play was on a 6'2 frame, because he would be that guy.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Yes, the refs blew at least two calls. But the refs didn't stop us from scoring goals, Miller did. I'm not happy about the officiating, but we hear this moaning every night from one fan base after another. We got beat by a hot goalie. Move on...
Sounds to me that it's much less about our fan base b*tching and much more about the refs being s**t.
Pretty embarrassing for a professional league.

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You do realize we outshot them 39-18? To compare this game to last year is ridiculous.
Yes, how many of these shots were screened ? How many rebound did we catch? Who crashed the net? How many shots were actually taken from the bluline?
Low percentage play all over the ice. Shoot the damn puck to the net and you'll have success against a hot goalie. We played like a team that was ready to lose(Save for 5 minutes in the first.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Typical dramatic habs fans

one game =/= season. Habs will bounce back with a nice win i bet
I don't think it's fair to say this of me. I've been here for more than a year and I was always critical and I didnt bash many players(I may even have been over-kind to some extent). This game was horrible and I didnt say anything else.
Where did I really mention the season? This hasnt been the season, we play a gritty game with alot of hustle. This game was the opposite.
We arent the 70's habs or the 80's oilers. We can't play based on our talent only.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Eller should be shipped out of here asap before he's fully exposed as a glorified 4th liner that he is.
You should be shipped out here before you're exposed as the glorified troll that you are.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Why...do I get the feeling you're actually serious?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Dont Poke Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
Actually hes blown a bunch of clean feeds all season long. His physical tools are unreal but hockey sense wise he's very average.
Well, there's a reason why he's a 3rd line player. But I think you expect too much from him. So far, I cant complain from what Ive seen from him. Although I gotta admit, tonight's game was his worst this year.

But one bad game like tonight doesn't make his season. He's still played well for most this year.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
sand1138man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Hope they finish 9th. Teams like the Sabres, Ottawa and Devils could disappear from the NHL and I wouldn't give a crap or miss them..
Thats not a nice thing to say. Those are three HUGE fan bases, especially the sabres and with a small town like buffalo it would really hurt the city to not have their hockey team. Not to mention montreal fans buy tickets to games in Buffalo by via entire sections at a time, so it's obviously a road trip that a lot of habs fans enjoy. It's always enjoyable being at a sabres game against the habs because habs fans come in full force and its such a unique atmosphere

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:49 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Why...do I get the feeling you're actually serious?
Lol.. I'm so not serious... don't worry.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Discuss.
I worked out the other day that if Habs can get 20 points in their last 18, Ottawa would have to have max 3 losses in their last 17 to catch us. I thought, no probs. But this Buff loss just changed my mind.

No one below 4th can realistically catch us except Ottawa. Now I am worried about them. We need to finish 1, 2 or 4, not 5th.

And ****ing Buffalo. Losing this game was just ****. We took only 3 of 6 possible points against pretty crap teams this week. Not good.

We HAD to take at least 2 of the games this week to lock up 4th at worst. We did not. Really bad week.

We miss Bourque, Prust and Diaz, and it's starting to show.

Booins and Pens back to back next week. Because of this **** week, if we lose both, 4th place is in question. Piss me off.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:53 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
You should be shipped out here before you're exposed as the glorified troll that you are.
Well played..

Old
03-23-2013, 10:59 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

I've been saying it for a while now, but Eller has to start using his linemates. You guys can say his wingers are not of the best calibre, he still was the weakest player of this line tonight. It's not all about feeding saucer passes to Galchenyuk shift after shift, it's knowing when to make the high percentage play, take the puck to the net or behind the D, keep cycling, drive the net... But stop trying to deke through a whole team. A lot of plays die because of that. Then again, people, there's a difference between bashing a player non-stop and just pointing out his weaknesses. So don't freak out just yet.

Ideally, without expecting him to take a player through the glass, you'd like to see a little more implication from Plekanec in the play. Tonight was not his best game.

You can see Markov is starting to get tired too. Those minutes Diaz used to take are falling on Subban's and his shoulders. We need another minutes-eater back there.

As for Blunden, thanks God his stay is over.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Oh, by the way, anyone still wants to point out how this Prust guy is not missed and that we have the depth to perfectly make his absence irrelevant?

1-1-1, and ,500 hockey against 2 of the weakest teams in the East this week...

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:03 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
Galchenyuk was on fire tonight. He should definitely center that line, as I really don't think Eller has the same level of vision and touch to dish when he has possession.
He will benefit from having Prust playing on his line again.

That is, if the HF Board will allow Prust to return to the 3rd line instead of being shipped down to the 4th.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:08 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Just read on TSN that we haven't beat buffalo in a season series since 2007-08

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Just read on TSN that we haven't beat buffalo in a season series since 2007-08
Had the first match up against them in the bag before White went postal and killed momentum.

Last 2 games deserved to win by a country mile both games. I'm not worried, just one of those teams that get lucky against you every time. If they make the playoffs they won't be a problem!

Full faith, and MTL wins that game 99/100 if played exactly the same, and I'm willing to bet 99/100 times Buffalo doesn't get either of those penalties on that BS 5 on 3.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:15 PM
LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE

Buffalo lost this game.

LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:39 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Didn't need to watch the last sequence.. Saw DD lining up for a critical offensive zone draw and Gionta on the ice. Knew we wouldn't tie it.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Yvon11

Another injury to one of our top 9 forwards or top 4 defensemen and we'll be in trouble. We have no scoring depth in Hamilton.

Yvon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Oh, by the way, anyone still wants to point out how this Prust guy is not missed and that we have the depth to perfectly make his absence irrelevant?

1-1-1, and ,500 hockey against 2 of the weakest teams in the East this week...
We miss the net crashers on this team a lot. We can dominate possession but have nothing to show for it because the only guy we have willing to get into the dirty areas consistently is Gallagher right now.

People say we should have won this game or that game, but the reality is that despite possessing the puck well, we do not "finish" because we don't get to the dirty areas and win battles in there, not because of mere "luck".

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
for the people bashing our players saying they weren't good enough or were to soft etc etc... how about just giving full 100% credit to Ryan "i don't lose in regulation to MTL" Miller.

Ryan Miller 1 Habs 0 simple habs out played every player on Buffalo they just got a couple lucky hockey bounces and excellent goaltending, we played well enough to win by 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
We miss the net crashers on this team a lot. We can dominate possession but have nothing to show for it because the only guy we have willing to get into the dirty areas consistently is Gallagher right now.

People say we should have won this game or that game, but the reality is that despite possessing the puck well, we do not "finish" because we don't get to the dirty areas and win battles in there, not because of mere "luck".
There is an extent that they were bigger on perimeter play than generating legit chances but the Habs handily out chanced the Sabres by a considerable margin. Just not the completely absurd margin the dominated puck possession and the shot clock.

The reality is that this is now a far superior team loses hockey, dominating the balance of play but not getting the benefit of circumstance. The reason team Canada can still lose to Switzerland.

Habs have been far above average at finishing this year and have no problem getting guys into the dirty areas to score. You're inflating what happened in a single game into a trend that doesn't exist.

This is how good teams lose, and the Habs are up there with pens and bruins in how good a team they are. Learn to live with this happy turn of events. Habs have been on more than their fair share of other nights like this. I.e. playoffs vs Caps.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
There is an extent that they were bigger on perimeter play than generating legit chances but the Habs handily out chanced the Sabres by a considerable margin. Just not the completely absurd margin the dominated puck possession and the shot clock.

The reality is that this is now a far superior team loses hockey, dominating the balance of play but not getting the benefit of circumstance. The reason team Canada can still lose to Switzerland.

Habs have been far above average at finishing this year and have no problem getting guys into the dirty areas to score. You're inflating what happened in a single game into a trend that doesn't exist.

This is how good teams lose, and the Habs are up there with pens and bruins in how good a team they are. Learn to live with this happy turn of events. Habs have been on more than their fair share of other nights like this. I.e. playoffs vs Caps.
We don't give up many chances to the opponent, but the ones they do get are so "Grade A" and juicy that they pot them easily.

Pittsburgh is just as flawed as we are; their defense is absolute **** and could cost them the Cup despite having Crosby and Malkin. Boston, on the other hand, is definitely not as Swiss cheese-like as either Pittsburgh or us.

It's not a "happy turn of events", since I was formerly a Caps fan who felt the burn of losing to a supposedly "inferior" team that wasn't that inferior and exploited the weaknesses(the "Achilles heel") people ignored in the "superior" team.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:11 AM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
We don't give up many chances to the opponent, but the ones they do get are so "Grade A" and juicy that they pot them easily.

Pittsburgh is just as flawed as we are; their defense is absolute **** and could cost them the Cup despite having Crosby and Malkin. Boston, on the other hand, is definitely not as Swiss cheese-like as either Pittsburgh or us.

It's not a "happy turn of events", since I was formerly a Caps fan who felt the burn of losing to a supposedly "inferior" team that wasn't that inferior and exploited the weaknesses(the "Achilles heel") people ignored in the "superior" team.
What a terrible post. Pittsburgh's D is pretty solid actually. As is 'ours'.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:12 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Just finished watching the game... I don't get why we struggle so much against the Sabres. Bleh... Bad game.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote