HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
JWomp
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
The food is better and last season it included 2 alchohol drink tickets for each person, but this year they changed it to (2) free soft drink tickets per person, no free booze .
(though they have a full cash bar up there).

The pricing is $90 per person for Classic games and $110 per person for Premier games. (You also need a game ticket to get into the arena, some people forget about that!)

I just called (973-757-6990) and the 2nd row ledge is already fully booked for tomorrow night's game and also for the April 10 game vs Boston.
All other games have availability as of right now.

The Acela Club restaurant is open for all games (all game long) to all fans if you want to eat at a table or at the bar, then go to your seat to watch the game. They have an a la carte menu and a choice of the buffet too-at a much lower price.

Menus and pricing info at this link:
http://www.prucenter.com/default.asp?prucenter=143
I'm a little confused. If I wanted to sit on the ledge during the game (a premier game, for example), I would have to:

1. Have a game ticket to get in the building, even though I wouldn't be in the seats during the game
2. Pay $110 for the seat on the ledge
3. Pay either $48 for the buffet, or order from the ala carte menu

Right? Or is food included in the $110 you pay for the ledge seat?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

The Devils REALLY need to have some standing room only tickets. Figure out a way to open the arena up a bit and have standing room. The Devils would make killing for premier games.

Imagine tiered standing room only? from $5 to $20 with the option of eating at Acela, upgrading in box office in case there are any seats, paying to sit in the fire and ice lounge and so on and so forth.

People would pay $20 bucks for the Rags game just to get in the building, get bored standing, pay another chunk for Acela/Lounges and so on.

I just think it's an obvious thing the Devs need to do.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
The only downside really is choosing who gets to go. I already have 4 claimed between my parents, girlfriend, and I.. Then I have buddies who buy my tix when I can't make it, and I have my STH friends who sit by me.. I'd love to being everyone and don't like leaving people out.. This will be hard, I feel like I have to apologize to everyone I don't bring
If you don't want to play favorites, its totally alright to just take me instead. You know, just for the sake of fairness to all of the people you mentioned above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I miss the days when you could eat on the restaurant ledge for for a total investment of $52 and pay less than the people sitting above and below you who paid more for their tickets and didnt get dinner included.
Ahh the first year of the building being open. I miss those days. My family spent most games doing that. Wasn't overly crazy about our seats upstairs, ended up on the ledge with great food and a better view than we would have had otherwise. They're better off with the current system (and I'm better off not eating that much that often), but I can't say I don't miss it.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
The Devils REALLY need to have some standing room only tickets. Figure out a way to open the arena up a bit and have standing room. The Devils would make killing for premier games.

Imagine tiered standing room only? from $5 to $20 with the option of eating at Acela, upgrading in box office in case there are any seats, paying to sit in the fire and ice lounge and so on and so forth.

People would pay $20 bucks for the Rags game just to get in the building, get bored standing, pay another chunk for Acela/Lounges and so on.

I just think it's an obvious thing the Devs need to do.
I believe standing room only is illegal in NJ.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
The Devils REALLY need to have some standing room only seats. Figure out a way to open the arena up a bit and have standing room seating.

People would pay $20 bucks for the Rags game just to get in the building, get bored standing, pay another chunk for Acela/Lounges and so on. I just think it's an obvious thing the Devs need to do.
They would have to change the rules, because they dont let you "stand" dang near anywhere anymore.

Many people hate standing, but I actually like it. The first three years at The Rock I'd often not even show up at my ST seats and stand on the (fairly wide) aisle next to the Club Seats, which is the same area the ushers stand at. IMO, standing there is one of the best views in the entire arena. Sometime in about the 2nd half of 2009/2010 I believe it was, they really cracked down and chased people away from there.

Balcony concourse is obviously the largest place where standing would be easy, but I'd rather watch at home than pay $10 to stand there.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
99% sure that is correct.

03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
Really?! Wow. Thanks. Why?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
The food is better and last season it included 2 alchohol drink tickets for each person, but this year they changed it to (2) free soft drink tickets per person, no free booze .
(though they have a full cash bar up there).

The pricing is $90 per person for Classic games and $110 per person for Premier games. (You also need a game ticket to get into the arena, some people forget about that!)

I just called (973-757-6990) and the 2nd row ledge is already fully booked for tomorrow night's game and also for the April 10 game vs Boston.
All other games have availability as of right now.

The Acela Club restaurant is open for all games (all game long) to all fans if you want to eat at a table or at the bar, then go to your seat to watch the game. They have an a la carte menu and a choice of the buffet too-at a much lower price.

Menus and pricing info at this link:
http://www.prucenter.com/default.asp?prucenter=143
Hmm. I don't know if I'd bite at 90 bucks. Might wait til next season and find a green game to hit it on. But the $48 buffet, then watch the game from my usual seat, THAT I may give a shot.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Devils could beat it the same way PNC Arts Center and Susquehanna Bank center do for lawn seats to concerts.. Those venues assign you a "spot" on the lawn as your seat.. I think the idea of the law is to prevent places from selling a million SRO seats and then being over capacity and having it cause safety issues

Problem is, where would your spot be? The terrace tables take up the prime viewing spots. They do sell last-minute suite tickets that are basically standing room. Would people buy a spot on the concourse? I feel like that would cause issues with people buying SRO and then cramming behind the terrace tables or sneaking into people's seats

Old
03-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Devils Dominion
Julie Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWomp View Post
I'm a little confused. If I wanted to sit on the ledge during the game (a premier game, for example), I would have to:

1. Have a game ticket to get in the building, even though I wouldn't be in the seats during the game
2. Pay $110 for the seat on the ledge
3. Pay either $48 for the buffet, or order from the ala carte menu

Right? Or is food included in the $110 you pay for the ledge seat?
1. Yes, you need a game ticket to get into the arena
2. $110 would give you a 2nd row Ledge seat for the game and entitle you to the all you can eat buffet prior to the game and all game long.
3. If you do not want to sit at the Ledge seating for the game, you could go to the Acela Club before the game, get a table, and pay $48 for the all you can eat buffet.
Then at gametime go to your seat in the arena.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:22 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
2. $110 would give you a 2nd row Ledge seat for the game and entitle you to the all you can eat buffet prior to the game and all game long.
3. If you do not want to sit at the Ledge seating for the game, you could go to the Acela Club before the game, get a table, and pay $48 for the all you can eat buffet.
How do you get a first-row ledge seat? And what if I wanted to order ala carte on the ledge, rather than buffet?

Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Devils Dominion
Julie Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWomp View Post
How do you get a first-row ledge seat? And what if I wanted to order ala carte on the ledge, rather than buffet?
1st row Ledge seats can be bought through the box office, TM or look on StubHub.

You can't do ala carte with the Ledge seating (nor would you want to), it's all inclusive buffet.

The Goal Bar has the same view on the other side and doesn't include food (and more comfortable seats), look in to that.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Devils could beat it the same way PNC Arts Center and Susquehanna Bank center do for lawn seats to concerts.. Those venues assign you a "spot" on the lawn as your seat.. I think the idea of the law is to prevent places from selling a million SRO seats and then being over capacity and having it cause safety issues

Problem is, where would your spot be? The terrace tables take up the prime viewing spots. They do sell last-minute suite tickets that are basically standing room. Would people buy a spot on the concourse? I feel like that would cause issues with people buying SRO and then cramming behind the terrace tables or sneaking into people's seats
I would imagine its more of a fire code issue. PNC/Susquehanna can get away with it because they're outside venues. Your "spots" are still outside. Not in a building where they are blocking potential exits. Yes, the lawn seats at those places (never been to Susquehanna but I can speak for PNC) are likely blocking your way out of getting a safe distance from any potential hazards, but you're not as confined as you are in a building. Probably a different set of rules for those to get around it.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:41 AM
NJDevils7

Any recommendations on a decent cheap lot? I'm usually park in Star Parking but its so expensive.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils7 View Post
Any recommendations on a decent cheap lot? I'm usually park in Star Parking but its so expensive.
I park at 299 Mulberry (LA Parking), about 3 blocks from the arena. It's $15 if you pay onsite, but if you go to http://www.parkwhiz.com and search for Prudential Center, you can prepay online for $11.99 and print your pass. They have a number of other lots there too, usually for cheaper than you'd pay on site.

If you really hunt around, there are a few even cheaper lots, but they tend to be a further walk and "sketchier-looking. The one I use is clean and really convenient for me to get out of after the game.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:10 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils7 View Post
Park in the Ironbound for free. Ironbound is a pretty safe area in Newark. It's under the rail bridge (so if you're traveling towards the airport a left on route 21). No permit needed to park on any of those side streets. You can park about a block or two from penn station, walk up market street with a bunch of Devils fans, and not pay for parking at all.

If you're looking for cheap I think that's your best bet. Also, the Seton Hall Law lot, if you really want an actual "lot" is on mulberry. It's attached o the law school but closes at 12. It's like 12 bucks.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:29 AM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I park at 299 Mulberry (LA Parking), about 3 blocks from the arena. It's $15 if you pay onsite, but if you go to http://www.parkwhiz.com and search for Prudential Center, you can prepay online for $11.99 and print your pass. They have a number of other lots there too, usually for cheaper than you'd pay on site.

If you really hunt around, there are a few even cheaper lots, but they tend to be a further walk and "sketchier-looking. The one I use is clean and really convenient for me to get out of after the game.
Man, we've been parking in that lot for years, and never knew you could pre-pay! Thanks for the heads up man!

Old
03-23-2013, 12:11 PM
MJMazzarone
#LGD

Quote:
1st row Ledge seats can be bought through the box office, TM or look on StubHub.

You can't do ala carte with the Ledge seating (nor would you want to), it's all inclusive buffet.

The Goal Bar has the same view on the other side and doesn't include food (and more comfortable seats), look in to that.
I thought the Goal Bar has a stand where you can get food? (Although it's a concession stand and no where close to the quality that you can get with the ledge seating/clubs.)

Old
03-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Devils Dominion
Julie Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
I thought the Goal Bar has a stand where you can get food? (Although it's a concession stand and no where close to the quality that you can get with the ledge seating/clubs.)
Yes there is a food concession stand along with two full cash bars,but free food is not included.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:31 PM
One7nine

Quote:

I've had ledge seats for the game and they were my ticket, I gave away my sth seats for that game.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:10 PM
aero8279

playoff invoices are up. logged into my account just now to put a couple tix for sale and there it was. section 225 is $36 a game for rounds 1 and 2.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
I'm guessing because of the shortened season, no real STH events this year, considering how late it's getting.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Scott04

This team has the best timing with this stuff. Renewal invoices out during a massive slide/losing streak. Playoff invoices the day Kovy goes down for an unknown amount of time. I know its entirely coincidence, but geez...

Old
03-23-2013, 10:15 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
This team has the best timing with this stuff. Renewal invoices out during a massive slide/losing streak. Playoff invoices the day Kovy goes down for an unknown amount of time. I know its entirely coincidence, but geez...

This is so absurd it actually makes me laugh.

Are they offering PAWP again? I somehow doubt it. I'll probably wind up getting a credit anyway if the Kovy injury is as bad as suspected.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:16 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Did you get an e-mail?

Closed Thread