HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 10:20 PM
aero8279

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post

This is so absurd it actually makes me laugh.

Are they offering PAWP again? I somehow doubt it. I'll probably wind up getting a credit anyway if the Kovy injury is as bad as suspected.
pawp shows up but as 2 different payment dates. probably best to wait for an e-mail or the hard copy.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Did you get an e-mail?
season tickets are in my dad's name/his account, not mine. No idea if he received an email yet. I could log into the Devils count and check, but meh. Too lazy. I'm going off the post a couple above mine that said the playoff invoices are up online for this.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:22 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah I want to see if they hand out any real incentive for paying in one lump sum before I decide.

btw my ticket price comes out to $792 (not including the $16 surcharges). So $49.50 a game on average per ticket. Seems like the same split as last year if they're listing sth face as $46 and $53 again.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:23 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
season tickets are in my dad's name/his account, not mine. No idea if he received an email yet. I could log into the Devils count and check, but meh. Too lazy. I'm going off the post a couple above mine that said the playoff invoices are up online for this.
Ahh. I logged into my account and I do see my playoff invoice but I haven't received an e-mail.

I see no sign of PAWP though.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:25 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Just got an e-mail

Quote:
Chris,

Last season's run through the Playoffs was filled with incredible moments at the Rock; a nail-biting overtime victory in Game 6 of the First Round, two Second Round home wins in a row, and a thrilling victory over our Hudson River rivals in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, launching the Devils to hockey's greatest stage.

As a Full Season Ticket Holder, if you renew your 2013-14 Season Tickets by the April 5th deadline, you have two options to secure your Devils Playoff tickets before anyone else. Both options come with incentives and are available to you at the lowest price offered, the Season Ticket Holder Playoff Strip price!

OPTION 1: PAY-IN-FULL
(COMPLIMENTARY TICKET BONUS)

Renew your Season Tickets by April 5th and Pay-in-Full for Playoff Rounds 1 & 2 by April 15th and receive two complimentary tickets to a remaining regular season game. (4/12 vs. Ottawa, 4/20 vs. Florida, 4/23 vs. Montreal). You may apply your credit for un-played playoff games this season toward your 2013-14 regular season single game add-on seats or your 2013-14 Playoffs.

OPTION 2: PAY AS WE PLAY

Renew your Season Tickets by April 5th and there is no immediate charge for Playoffs. By choosing this option, you will not be charged for your Playoff tickets until the day after each Playoff round is completed. Simply place a credit card number on file and you will be billed only for the games that are played in each round, starting with Round 1 and all the way through a possible Round 4.

You will receive your regular invoice in the mail, this week, but your online invoice is available now. Click here to login to your My Devils Account.

Be one of the first 500 people to renew your season tickets and pay for playoffs online and receive a Playoff Red Alert t-shirt.

Those who have not renewed their 2013-14 Season Tickets must choose the Pay-In-Full option for Playoffs and must pay for the first two rounds by April 15th.

We look forward to seeing you at the Rock this postseason as we create more special memories together!
(Yes I posted the image in the e-mail to demonstrate the unfortunate timing)

Old
03-23-2013, 10:27 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I just got the e-mail too. Same meh incentive (double your tickets for a game). But I might wind up doing it anyway.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Yeah I want to see if they hand out any real incentive for paying in one lump sum before I decide.

btw my ticket price comes out to $792 (not including the $16 surcharges). So $49.50 a game on average per ticket. Seems like the same split as last year if they're listing sth face as $46 and $53 again.
The invoice in the account is for just the first two rounds I assume? Logged in to my family's account for the hell of it and I'm trying to do the math for what the per ticket cost is here. I can't get it to an even number (even on the cents side of things), so obviously I'm a little off here. Taking off the surcharges, dividing by 8 games and the amount of tickets on the account and it leaves me with like 48 cents as the remainder on each seat. Meh..

Regardless, I'm curious for the exact breakdown. Looks like an average of $73-$74 a seat for us. We're in the lower bowl corners. Seems a little higher than I would assume, considering our per game price for the regular season is $53 a seat, and $56 for next season. I would have expected something like 61 and 67 per ticket/game for the first and second rounds for these seats. Maybe a dollar or two higher. Unless maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it doesn't seem to add up (unless my math is bad).

Old
03-23-2013, 10:32 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

They don't exactly give you a method for picking which game you get extra tickets for, I assume they're just picking one for you?

Old
03-23-2013, 10:34 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
The invoice in the account is for just the first two rounds I assume? Logged in to my family's account for the hell of it and I'm trying to do the math for what the per ticket cost is here. I can't get it to an even number (even on the cents side of things), so obviously I'm a little off here. Taking off the surcharges, dividing by 8 games and the amount of tickets on the account and it leaves me with like 48 cents as the remainder on each seat. Meh..

Regardless, I'm curious for the exact breakdown. Looks like an average of $73-$74 a seat for us. We're in the lower bowl corners. Seems a little higher than I would assume, considering our per game price for the regular season is $53 a seat, and $56 for next season. I would have expected something like 61 and 67 per ticket/game for the first and second rounds for these seats. Maybe a dollar or two higher. Unless maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it doesn't seem to add up (unless my math is bad).
Yeah it's for the first two rounds, and you have to divide it by 'eight' games times however many # of tickets you have, even though there's almost no way in **** we get eight home games

For mine, I have two tickets so 792 divided by 16 (8 games*2 tickets) is 49.50 per ticket.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:34 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
They don't exactly give you a method for picking which game you get extra tickets for, I assume they're just picking one for you?
I assume you pay and then you e-mail your rep the game you want.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Yeah it's for the first two rounds, and you have to divide it by 'eight' games times however many # of tickets you have, even though there's almost no way in **** we get eight home games
Yeah, that's the math I did. That's oddly higher than I expected. Curious to see the breakdown. Honestly, even $67 and $76 (which would get to that average) still sounds a little higher than I would expect. Unless I have a poor memory of what they were in this area last year. I really can't recall to be honest. I do think we were under $100 a seat for all 4 rounds last year. If not, it was just barely over $100 for the finals. So I guess $70ish makes sense to an extent.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:37 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

I guess now the only thing to wait for is extra strips? Hoping I can find a threesome somewhere in the arena and just sell my 2 throughout. But with so many new STH you wonder if the Devils will allow STH to buy extra strips this year.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:37 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
I assume you pay and then you e-mail your rep the game you want.
lol so they're making you jump through hoops this one. I actually would be okay with the 12th or the 20th, the 12th because a bunch of people I know are planning to go to the game and someone could use freebees or the 20th for myself, just to defray some of the cost of a 'premier' game against the Panthers, since I'm not selling any seat for $35

Last time they offered it they just had a choice and made you pick beforehand.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:40 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
lol so they're making you jump through hoops this one. I actually would be okay with the 12th or the 20th, the 12th because a bunch of people I know are planning to go to the game and someone could use freebees or the 20th for myself, just to defray some of the cost of a 'premier' game against the Panthers, since I'm not selling any seat for $35

Last time they offered it they just had a choice and made you pick beforehand.
Do you have any idea where the seats would be? How was it last year?

Also, added though: Devils love vouchers. You might get a voucher code in the mail/e-mail.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Do you have any idea where the seats would be? How was it last year?

Also, added though: Devils love vouchers. You might get a voucher code in the mail/e-mail.
Yeah that's a possibility too, they've been doing that (voucher codes) this year for a number of things.

I think I just used PAWP last year and didn't bother with the extra tickets. The only difference between PAWP last year and this year is last year they charged you after each two rounds, this year it's after every round.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:46 PM
zap14

Quote:
I guess now the only thing to wait for is extra strips? Hoping I can find a threesome somewhere in the arena and just sell my 2 throughout. But with so many new STH you wonder if the Devils will allow STH to buy extra strips this year.
I highly doubt they'll allow strips this year. Just think where in the building could you really fit selling strips besides the clubs with all the new season ticket holders? Plus with all the holds they must put in place for single game buyers, players, media personnel and other miscellaneous groups I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer that incentive.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

How do you actually choose the PAWP option? Just not pay the invoice? I don't see a way to actually select it.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:31 AM
BigBlueAndRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
How do you actually choose the PAWP option? Just not pay the invoice? I don't see a way to actually select it.
Click through "pay invoice", you'll see it as option 2 under payment choices.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

I might as well just pay in full with my credit so I get the tickets.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueAndRed View Post
I did that but after submitting everything it still thinks I didn't pay my invoice....

Old
03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
aero8279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
I did that but after submitting everything it still thinks I didn't pay my invoice....
i'd assume that's because it shows up as nothing due today since from what i remember the first invoice date is may i think.

anyone know what it's like trying to sell a single for playoff games? i can't really go to the playoffs due to my wife giving birth at the end of april but if by some small chance they get to rounds 3 and 4 again i could probably sneak in a couple. my season ticket partner wants to go though so i'd be left selling 1 ticket to every game if i don't ask them to change my amount of tickets to 1. any thoughts?

Old
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueAndRed View Post
Got it, thanks.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero8279 View Post
i'd assume that's because it shows up as nothing due today since from what i remember the first invoice date is may i think.

anyone know what it's like trying to sell a single for playoff games? i can't really go to the playoffs due to my wife giving birth at the end of april but if by some small chance they get to rounds 3 and 4 again i could probably sneak in a couple. my season ticket partner wants to go though so i'd be left selling 1 ticket to every game if i don't ask them to change my amount of tickets to 1. any thoughts?
If you list early there's bound to be someone looking for a single to a playoff game so you shouldn't have a problem selling them

Old
03-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
I highly doubt they'll allow strips this year. Just think where in the building could you really fit selling strips besides the clubs with all the new season ticket holders? Plus with all the holds they must put in place for single game buyers, players, media personnel and other miscellaneous groups I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer that incentive.
How often do they really do group sales in the playoffs though? Not saying it doesn't happen, but I assume its more limited. I'm sure its specific locations that are (generally) held for groups during the regular season. I assume it would be the same, if not fewer locations, for the playoffs. Whatever inventory is made available for these special promos, some of what is available for individual games, etc is what would likely be made available for strips. They still have open seats if you were to buy season tickets for next year right now. I assume those locations are also included in what's available for strips. The inventory is there somewhere. Its just how do they work things to make it happen.

And for what its worth, most of the media/league related holds don't amp up much in numbers until the cup finals really, so that's not a huge concern in the short term. You still have to plan for it in determining what strips can be sold, but its not as extreme as it would seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero8279 View Post

You could probably pull it off without TOO much difficulty. Opponent/date/location will play a big role in how easy/for how much, but it should be doable. There are always a lot of people that just want to get into the building, or get into a general area (if they have others they know with tickets). Price it right and you shouldn't have too much difficulty selling. It should be cake if we play a rival too.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:24 PM
leftwing

Playoff pricing doesn't seem that bad. I have seats in lowers, the $53 (average) STH cost is for the middle tier of opponent. Highest tier opponent with the $99 face is $66 STH cost regular season.

A playoff cost for rounds 1+2 of $73.50 is basically a 10% markup or so over the STH cost for the highest tier opponent during the regular season. Seems reasonable.

I would expect strips. They exist to fill the all the seats in each game of the early rounds. All indications were that the Devils had trouble on primary sales for FL last year. A first round playoff pull of Carolina, Winnipeg, Toronto, or Ottawa is painful for sellers both on the primary (Devs) and secondary markets.

Smarter for the Devils to lock a sellout for a potential unattractive first round opponent knowing they may be leaving something on the table for rounds 3+4 (if they get there) than to sell for the potential they go deep.

Closed Thread