HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over

Old
03-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
you can tell which team played under a system. and which team did not. lol
yep.

you can also tell which team needs to fire tambo and lowe.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
Sick of this sad sack hockey team. This is an AHL team, they shouldn't even be considered an NHL team.

At least I can watch a winning team for once (Oil Kings)

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hemskyfanboy83

vCash: 500
I have laid off Kreuger this year and I still don't think he is the problem but WTF was Eberle doing on the Gagner line? MPS-Gagner-Yakupov have been a great trio for us. All that line's offense got killed with Eberle.

Also when it's clear that it's going to be a challenge to score tonight, and you have a 4 on 4 for 2 minutes, that should be viewed as a good chance to get a goal. Belanger has no business being on the ice in that situation

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
TRADE EVERYONE
TRADE EBERLE
TRADE YAKUPOV

Sigh. I'll let the frustration pass.

We really need a new bottom six though.
No just no. Our top 6 sucks so bad. We need a major shake up, but we'll never do it because its too radical and beneficial. I think we should keep yak but I'm a full proponent of trading Eberle.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
A $6M Patrick O'Sullivan.
Man, don't even joke about that. I've watched nearly 250 games of garbage only because the hope would be that it's going to get better. Don't know what I'd do if this turns into the Atlanta Thrashers.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:33 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
How is this loss on RK?

This team doesn't have the personnel to beat STL - their forwards are basically 10-12 big, 2-way players that have the body grit and effort to forecheck and backcheck with equal tenacity.

I don't see a single player on our roster they'd want to fit into that mould, other than a guy like Horcoff or MPS.
That's the reason why the Oilers will never compete with Tambellini, Lowe, etc. in charge. They seem to think we can win by playing passive hockey and scoring pretty goals three times a game. This team doesn't want the garbage goals.

Tambellini will come up short again in the offseason, we'll go into the season with the same damn team, and there will be some song and dance about "no one we targeted being available to us." The big deal that Stauffer claimed we could make? It won't happen.

This team will no look any different in training camp next season.

Personally, we're making a mistake going into the deadline with Tambellini as our GM.

McRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

At least the team has kept 8 D on the roster for most of the season. What a joke.

Tambellini should be fired just for being unable to manage a roster with the proper number of forwards and defencemen.

cyril* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
That was not good, perhaps the Vets on this team are ****ing terrible

And Jordan Eberle is fat I guess.
Perhaps the veterans on this team are terrible...perhaps?

Funny stuff Jimmi.

Outside of maybe 8-10 players this roster is junk.
The Oilers are an easy team to beat and the Blues showed exactly how its done. The Oilers had nothing in this game.
They were dominated from start to finish. It was Chaos vs Structure.

Playing meaningful games never really was a reality for this team...the playoffs are a fantasy.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Man, don't even joke about that. I've watched nearly 250 games of garbage only because the hope would be that it's going to get better. Don't know what I'd do if this turns into the Atlanta Thrashers.
They did make the playoffs that one time.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
How is this loss on RK?

This team doesn't have the personnel to beat STL - their forwards are basically 10-12 big, 2-way players that have the body grit and effort to forecheck and backcheck with equal tenacity.

I don't see a single player on our roster they'd want to fit into that mould, other than a guy like Horcoff or MPS.
No system, passive gameplay, horrible bench management (not necessarily tonight but usually), unprepared etc.
And you'll see in the postgame presser when he talks about how he was content with the effort and they are headed in the right direct. Always Mr. Positive that Krueger.

The reality is that this is Tambellini's fault for hiring the wrong coaches time after time and for failing to address team needs but it also goes back to bringing in the wrong coaches. From the outdated dinosaur to the MacT clone to the Renney clone.
I also blame Katz for being content with this and for the constant rewarding of failure from KLowe being fired then promoted to MacT being fired then come back in a promoted role to an assistant coach of 2 last placed teams being promoted to head coach. Hell, even throw in Howson who was fired elsewhere only to be hired here. No accountability whatsoever.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willy Lindstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
Watching the Backes interview, wow, what a beast he is. I can't see us winning anything until we have some bigger guys like that. Makes me wonder what Brian Burke would do with this team... Never like him personally but the things he values are exactly what we need...
Yup. Man beast vs a bunch of fuzzy cheeked kids.

Willy Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
This team doesn't want the garbage goals.
truer words have not been spoken.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:34 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

PJ Stock = voice of reason?

Old
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
Even disregarding higher expectations, the Oilers have played some of the boringest, most awful hockey imaginable this season. We are supposed to be on our way out of a rebuild but it looks like we're just starting one. Tambellini has no chance turning this team around in the off season.
I agree... a boring team to watch. Made worse tonight though because the Blues are such a stifling, tight defensive team.

Personally I'd like to see a more open, offensive free wheeling style more often. They just don't have the ability to do that often enough against most teams because opponents play them smart and tighten up the neutral zone and make it tough to get anything going on breakouts.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
I'm not going to blame the effort. I thought they were trying out there (except Eberle). St. Louis is just a much better team than we are. St. Louis dominated Vancouver the other night as well but Schneider was great and the Canucks escaped with a win.
very true, the Blues did dominate the nucks when we played them.

Not looking to kick you guys when you're down, just a question. Is this Hall/Horcoff/Hemsky line new because of RNH's absence? Or has it been going for a while? That line looked good tonight and created some solid chances.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:35 PM
tv14

I hate Stock, but atleast he's the only one that is saying that they have been a disappointment. Everyone else is saying that they are better...

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
That's the reason why the Oilers will never compete with Tambellini, Lowe, etc. in charge. They seem to think we can win by playing passive hockey and scoring pretty goals three times a game. This team doesn't want the garbage goals.

Tambellini will come up short again in the offseason, we'll go into the season with the same damn team, and there will be some song and dance about "no one we targeted being available to us." The big deal that Stauffer claimed we could make? It won't happen.

This team will no look any different in training camp next season.

Personally, we're making a mistake going into the deadline with Tambellini as our GM.

Tambo has been a mistake since the day he was hired.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DisgruntledGoat

How do you even fix this team at this point?

The young guys are not capable of carrying this team. The forwards are small. The defense is nondescript. There is not a single decent, 'in his prime' player on the team. The veterans are too old and no good. The prospects are mediocre. There's no size. There's no depth. The goaltending is horrible. The coaching staff, as a whole, has the thinnest resume in the league. They can't score. They can't defend. They can't hit. They can't run a powerplay. They can't compete. The managment can't address a single issue on the roster beyond making first overall picks.

I know everyone continually *****es about this but seriously. . .how many years has Tambo been here and he hasn't so much as built a half-decent fourth line? I'm not sure he's done a thing yet that I couldn't do. Vandermeer to Sutton to Fistric. Hordichuk to Eager to Brown. Same junk year after year.

And now Healey is talking about how it should be easy getting support players because they've gotten the big talent in place. . . obviously he hasn't been following this team in the Tambellini era.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Psychoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
any time now burkey, the floors is yours when you want it? Tambo is somewhere in the back playing risk with Lowe and Wreck it Ralph

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

If anyone needs surgery or rest, do it now. This team isn't going anywhere this season.

And please just fire Tambellini when the season is done. I think I might actually be reaching the point where I can't watch this team anymore, at least not the team we have now. Can we please get a legit coach and GM? Is that so hard?

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Is Kelly Hrudey on crack? This is the type of game the Oilers need to play??
He was saying that this was good for the Oilers to see this kind of game and try to play this kind of game because its what they are going to have to learn to do.

He's right, completely.

Not every club is rubbish like Dallas and Colorado and Nashville. To beat good clubs playing a good solid system game you have to learn it.

Guess what happened the moment Edmonton opened it up tonight. They went from 9shots against to 25 shots against in a hurry. The Oilers gave up 16 shots and two goals in the last 25mins of play by opening it up.

Its bad to be down 1-0. But trade chances with a team like the blues and its over. Few people seem to get this.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
very true, the Blues did dominate the nucks when we played them.

Not looking to kick you guys when you're down, just a question. Is this Hall/Horcoff/Hemsky line new because of RNH's absence? Or has it been going for a while? That line looked good tonight and created some solid chances.

Yeah, that was all Hemsky.

Old
Great One

I'm officially done with this team until some major changes are made. I've kept quiet all season and gave them the benefit of the doubt all year. Even after the Sharks game I still had faith that this team could start working hard and show that they at least want to win. Well after this game I just came to realize that I was only fooling myself.

This was a game that our guys needed to work their butts off and fight with whatever they had in them for 2 points. The only guys I saw even giving a **** this game were Hemsky and Yak. I was disappointed with Hall the past couple of games but it's hard to crap on him when he's been our only player who has consistently given a **** all season.

I don't even know where to start with Eberle. All I can really say is that I hope that this is just an off year for him because if this is what we expect to see from him in the future than I'd rather just trade him now while he's still worth something.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
phonyphreak

Why does this team have such an issue with shooting the puck ? Its not a one year thing either, year after year people complain about lack of shots.

Coach after coach its the same thing with this team.

Its just such a major letdown watching this team when we have talent but management who doesn't have a clue how to use it.

They really need to pure the management and stop the "old boys club" BS

phonyphreak is offline   Reply With Quote