HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over

Old
03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
RisingSun

Man Glenn Healy is so stupid, how are we in good shape?

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:37 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

CBC starting to make sense - time to change up that top-6. There's no point to keeping all these guys when you're going to have to pay them 6M+ a year.

-we need a PF in the top-6
-we need to grab support guys like Dupuis, etc
-we need to grab DEFENSEMEN

These are things I've been clamoring for a while here - getting criticized harshly for it as well.

You don't need 6 superstars comprising your top-6. You need 3-4 and then good supports.

That bottom-6 isn't going to fix itself through development of young players- there are a plethora of UFA vets available that can play an NHL game.

And for the love of god - please trade Eberle for one of Carlson/Mcdonagh - the difference it will make to this team when Nick Schultz/Whitney/J.Schultz aren't getting top-4 minutes is exponential.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
very true, the Blues did dominate the nucks when we played them.

Not looking to kick you guys when you're down, just a question. Is this Hall/Horcoff/Hemsky line new because of RNH's absence? Or has it been going for a while? That line looked good tonight and created some solid chances.
Nah, it's been together since Horcoff came back.

Hall-Horcoff-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov

Those were the two lines that were winning us games.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
very true, the Blues did dominate the nucks when we played them.

Not looking to kick you guys when you're down, just a question. Is this Hall/Horcoff/Hemsky line new because of RNH's absence? Or has it been going for a while? That line looked good tonight and created some solid chances.
It was together prior to the RNH injury with the immortal Ryan Jones playing with RNH and Eberle although the team was playing better with these combinations somehow.
I didn't think they were that good tonight, Hemsky was the only one that had a decent game out of the three.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I'd rather cheer for the mess down south than have that goof as our GM.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:38 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faryn View Post
I am sorry but WTF is Ralph doing putting Brown Petrelle and Smyth out with less then 2 to go. I know they are losing and wont win the game but common is that putting a wining attitude in their players no...

Also I love Eberle but leave the Gagner PRV Yakupov line together they have been playing amazing together.

Really pissed at how the lines were managed tonight...
100% agree about Yakupov. Ain't broke don't mess with it.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
CBC starting to make sense - time to change up that top-6. There's no point to keeping all these guys when you're going to have to pay them 6M+ a year.

These are things I've been clamoring for a while here - getting criticized harshly for it as well.

You don't need 6 superstars comprising your top-6. You need 3-4 and then good supports.

That bottom-6 isn't going to fix itself through development of young players- there are a plethora of UFA vets available that can play an NHL game.

And for the love of god - please trade Eberle for one of Carlson/Mcdonagh - the difference it will make to this team when Nick Schultz/Whitney/J.Schultz aren't getting top-4 minutes is exponential.
There is no chance in hell Eberle is getting traded. Definition of a panic, short sighted move.

Old
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Man Glenn Healy is so stupid, how are we in good shape?
We probably would be without a deadbeat GM.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
elpol
Re-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
PJ Stock = voice of reason?
Yeah, I'd agree that he seemed to be the only one there who really see the Oil..

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ranfordrocks

the real problem is the league they allow the neutral zone trap for the last 18 seasons to flourish. the oilers play a skilled high tempo game that need speed through the neutral zone to be successfull
they do not play well historically against trapping clubs.

it aggrivates me to the fullest year after year i seen 80s and early 90s nhl oh do i miss it dearly

oilers still a couple years away from contending but id wrather see them loose 6-5 them 3-0 its boring and frustrating to watch.

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hemsky4PM

At the deadline, the Oilers should be moving Whitney, Jones and Khabibulin.

Summer buy-outs of Eager and Belanger.

Sign Smid - for reasonable dollars.

Klefbom joins the top 6.

Need to find: 4th line Center with grit and size, 2nd line LWer with grit and size (good luck), 3rd line winger with grit and size, top 3 defenseman who can move the puck, back-up goaltender.

The only way to get the top line defenseman will be via trade. Virtually nothing on the UFA front. Smid actually would be smart (financially) to go to July 5 and test the market. Jan Hejda got 3.25M a couple of seasons ago. Smid might easily get 4M in this market.

The rebuild continues.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
The Oilers could use some red kryptonite.

edit: you'd think Superman would drink better scotch than JWR

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:39 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

If they were going to trade Eberle they should have done it last summer. Could have filled some major holes.

No choice now but to hope he turns it around.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I'd rather cheer for the mess down south than have that goof as our GM.
As a GM he's better than anyone the Oilers have had since Sather honestly. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

If the Oilers had the Leafs record right now and I've said it before, people in Edmonton would be tap dancing down the streets and they'd be sold out of Oilers gear in freaking Calgary.

Old
wreckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I hate Stock, but atleast he's the only one that is saying that they have been a disappointment. Everyone else is saying that they are better...
yep.

he's right, they need to decide on a core and start from there. beef up the defense and grab a power forward with size. you can't keep all the kids as is.

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pablo Aimar

This team sucks and will continue to suck until the present management is completely replaced. It would also help if they got a coach who has a ****ing clue. Absent a massive change we are the Edmonton Thrashers.

Pablo Aimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Beerfish

Not sure what we expect. We have the worst coaching staff in the league buy a lot and the worst front office in the league by a lot and an owner that is probably bottom five in the league.

Kruger is like the guy in your office that talks a game but really doesn't know jack **** and he is the fav of the high level manager, we all know the type. Smith and Buchberger couldn't get an nhl gig on any other team and our high level advisor for Kruger is a guy that was garbage when he was here before and couldn't get a job with any other NHL team.

Kevin Lowe is a buffoon and Tambellini's moves have been about 80% trash.

This team is totally doomed I'm afraid to say because they have set up their little nest so that even if the heat gets too high and they dump Tambellini another nepotism hire is waiting in the wings.

It's time the fans and press stopped fellating these jokers. I pity the fools that are paying top dollar to see this sheer and utter tripe.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
If they were going to trade Eberle they should have done it last summer. Could have filled some major holes.

No choice now but to hope he turns it around.
What return could we reasonably expect now. Last year I would've said a top D but now we would be lucky if we got a top 2 D.

Last edited by RisingSun: 03-23-2013 at 11:48 PM.
RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ranfordrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I agree... a boring team to watch. Made worse tonight though because the Blues are such a stifling, tight defensive team.

Personally I'd like to see a more open, offensive free wheeling style more often. They just don't have the ability to do that often enough against most teams because opponents play them smart and tighten up the neutral zone and make it tough to get anything going on breakouts.
your 100% right!

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:41 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
That's the reason why the Oilers will never compete with Tambellini, Lowe, etc. in charge. They seem to think we can win by playing passive hockey and scoring pretty goals three times a game. This team doesn't want the garbage goals.

Tambellini will come up short again in the offseason, we'll go into the season with the same damn team, and there will be some song and dance about "no one we targeted being available to us." The big deal that Stauffer claimed we could make? It won't happen.

This team will no look any different in training camp next season.

Personally, we're making a mistake going into the deadline with Tambellini as our GM.
Not true, we'll have another shiny toy from the draft to spoil and ruin.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Personally, we're making a mistake going into the deadline with Tambellini as our GM.
If the organization had an option in the waiting (i.e. Burke) right now would be an excellent time to fire Tambellini. There would be just enough time to hire a GM so that the new GM could get something done at the deadline. If we wait even 2-3 more days it would probably be too late. Although knowing this organization, they probably have no backup plan since the thought of firing Tambellini didn't even cross their minds.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
As a GM he's better than anyone the Oilers have had since Sather honestly. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

If the Oilers had the Leafs record right now and I've said it before, people in Edmonton would be tap dancing down the streets and they'd be sold out of Oilers gear in freaking Calgary.
That's not really saying a whole lot. And he's left teams a mess in his wake. Anaheim won a cup then fell completely to pieces with bad Burke trades (Kunitz for Whitney, anyone?)

Vancouver didn't really take off until after he was gone, too.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post

Too many people on this site just don't get it.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Go to http://oilers.nhl.com/. Krueger coming up. Can't wait to hear his explanation for this debacle.

runeeres is offline   Reply With Quote