HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

Old
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
great news for the blues. would you guys say he is a better play than ryan callahan once he does get back on the ice?

good luck thanks
He and Ryan Callahan are completely different players, cant really compare the two.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
great news for the blues. would you guys say he is a better play than ryan callahan once he does get back on the ice?

good luck thanks
If he continues to grow, he could have a greater overall impact in a game than Callahan in the next two years. Just my guess.

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Wingsfan2965*

CraigCustance Craig Custance
RT @lkorac10: Hitch: Tarasenko is in. #stlblues

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:37 AM
GLM

thanks for the heads up. I picked tarsenko for ellis since he is splitting time with peters.

fan of this kid and was pissed I didn't get him, but better late than never! lol

good luck the rest of the way

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

Tarasenko has twitter. @Tara9191

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Tarasenko has twitter. @Tara9191
Nice to see him and Stew getting along well.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:59 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Tarasenko

Hey guys I need some advice about Tarasenko. I'm in a keeper pool (there's only 7 of us) and I'm currently 7 points back of first place. I have a couple of trade chips but the biggest is Tarasenko.

I'm considering moving him but I thought it would be wise to really get a handle on his potential and his likely offensive output for next year and the years beyond.

Thanks in advance guys!

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:22 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 50
Tonight's game was outstanding, without showing up on the scoreboard. I guess it depends what your alternatives would/could be.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Bluesman91

Decent speed, decent hands but has some slick dangles. His shot and ability to get open for a shot is the strongest part of the game. His release is fast and strong. I'd expect him to finish with around 22 points this year.

As for next year and years to come, it wouldn't surprise me to see 50-60 points if he plays a full 82 game season next year because of how much time he will be able to adjust to the Blues system and settle in North America. I would say after next year he could peak as a 70-80 point player.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:39 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

i actually see 35+ goals for him in two years. i'm not just saying that in the way every teams fans say there favorite prospect will score like that I.E. Eller when he was traded and there's plenty of other examples. THIS KID WILL GET IT DONE

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:06 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
How has he been lately?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:40 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
How has he been lately?
He's run out of gas IMO, hitting the rookie wall. He played lots of games in Russia before the lockout ended, and he's even admitted his energy level has been low. You can tell he thinks the game in the offensive zone at a high, creative level, but he doesn't seem to have that extra energetic push required to get on the scoresheet. Probably he's very frustrated that many consecutive games of golden scoring opportunities went unrewarded right when he came back from the concussion. He generated tons of chances and we couldn't believe how frequently he got robbed. But then his play began to hit a wall and taper off. He still gets a couple of chances in each game, but he hasn't had the energy to really adjust to defenses that have adjusted to his moves. Frankly (no pun intended), we'll have to see him next year to really get a sense which direction his career is taking. He'll have to build his conditioning in the summer for a far longer season. That's pretty normal for rookies, and he seems like he's really meshed well with this team off the ice and he's a driven guy, so I'm optimistic.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

He's definitely hit a wall, but you can tell he wants to create something in the offensive zone at all times. I wouldn't mind if he sat out a couple games to rejuvenate himself. Let Jaskin take his spot for a game or two.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:23 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
He's definitely hit a wall, but you can tell he wants to create something in the offensive zone at all times. I wouldn't mind if he sat out a couple games to rejuvenate himself. Let Jaskin take his spot for a game or two.
Yeah I agree. His explosiveness is basically gone. He's completely worn out. I don't think it's entirely that teams are keying on him to shut him down. He just doesn't have that explosive first two strides like he had when he first got here. I'm incredibly excited for next year. He'll get some rest, improve his conditioning, learn more about the system and his teammates, and hopefully have a great season.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:29 PM
BadgersandBlues

I thought last game we saw the old Tarasenko. He was moving his feet -much- more then the last 2ish weeks. He backchecked really hard, and created a couple of nice scoring chances (Such as the one where he drove hard to the net, then stopped, spun back, and fired a shot that might have gone 5-hole) just by skating really hard, but that was just last game, before last game he was clearly struggling.

BadgersandBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
(Such as the one where he drove hard to the net, then stopped, spun back, and fired a shot that might have gone 5-hole) .
my favorite thing about this chance is he did what I haven't seen many blues do al year long. he didn't allow himself to be pushed into the corner.

nicholas89alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:58 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
He looked a lot better last night, so hopefully he can build on it.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
BlueDream

Yeah there's really no point in playing him in all of these next 4 games. He should sit for at least probably 2. And that wouldn't be a punishment, but he could probably really use to rest a couple games to conserve some energy for the playoffs.

As vocal as I've been about him not being impressive lately, I have literally zero concerns about his future. He has a great future and will improve next season - the potential is undoubtedly there. I'm not worried one bit, he'll be fine.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yeah there's really no point in playing him in all of these next 4 games. He should sit for at least probably 2. And that wouldn't be a punishment, but he could probably really use to rest a couple games to conserve some energy for the playoffs.

As vocal as I've been about him not being impressive lately, I have literally zero concerns about his future. He has a great future and will improve next season - the potential is undoubtedly there. I'm not worried one bit, he'll be fine.
Same thoughts.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:50 PM
stlweir

I'm happy to see he has picked up his physical play.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:28 AM
erderuft

As others have said: these last four games is the perfect opportunity to give Tarasenko some rest. Insert Jaskin in his place and let Tarasenko watch a couple from the press box.

All in all, I'm very happy w/ the way Tarasenko's played this season. He hasn't put up huge numbers, but he's a rookie and which one of our other forwards have? He also seems like a really likeable guy, a good teammate, happy to be here, happy to be playing in the NHL.

erderuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Bluesman91

How many points do you expect Tarasenko to get next season? I'm hoping off-season and training camp will be huge for him. After seeing this season's rookies, I would almost be disappointed with anything less than 50 points in an 82 game season.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:38 PM
BlueAero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
How many points do you expect Tarasenko to get next season? I'm hoping off-season and training camp will be huge for him. After seeing this season's rookies, I would almost be disappointed with anything less than 50 points in an 82 game season.
20-plus goals, possibly 30 assists so yeah, 50 points would be a reasonable expectation. Eventually, I would see him as a consistent 30-plus goal scorer (maybe even 40) and someone who could amass between 75-100 points on a regular basis. The kid has tremendous talent. I look forward to big things from him.

BlueAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
He had a lot of issues this season. NHL is much faster than the KHL, more physical and then there is all the cultural adjustments he has had to make. Plus the concussion. Ended up with a point every 2 games. 50 points is a very reasonable estimate.

I'll wait and see what happens over the summer when it comes to roster moves. I don't expect anything, but you never know.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Tarasenko sits game 1 tonight as Oshie returns to action per Jeremy Rutherford.

Rutherford also tweets that Tarasenko and Jaskin probably will see action in this series.

Last edited by JustOneB4IDie: 04-30-2013 at 12:54 PM.
JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote