HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over

Old
03-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Maybe not but it's not as if Burke's track record is much better. Mike Komisarek?

Probably, but Burke isn't a massive upgrade. If he was over anyone in the league don't you think some other team would've jumped on him by now? Why didn't Columbus hire him? Strange...
Komisarek signing was bad, but he was worth that contract when he was signed, his game just regressed with injury after Montreal.

Phaneuf trade? Win for the Leafs. Lupul/Gardiner trade? Win for the Leafs. JVR trade? Win for the Leafs. Kadri drafting? Win for the Leafs.

Making a big move to secure both the Sedins at the '99 draft? Huge move, impacts our division to this day. Drafting Kesler? Huge win for the Canucks. Those are the cornerstones of their franchise even to this day.

Drafted Bobby Ryan, Justin Schultz for the Ducks, fleeced Lowe for Pronger without giving up Perry or Getzlaf, etc. etc. etc.

Like him or not, he definitely wins more of his personnel decisions than he loses (no GM is 100%). And he has the balls to make a move, unlike our GM.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Because of our schedule. Majority of games at home (even though the oilers aren't good at home), a number of games remaining that are against poor teams. He mentioned calgary, which after a loss tonight may move them towards being sellers at the deadline making them weaker. He also mentioned columbus, even though they've been playing well lately.

He failed to mention we play the ducksX3, the canucksX3 (could be good or bad), the hawks, the kings, phoenix, and minnesotaX2.....
If you look at our remaining schedule it looks bloody obvious that the Oilers have no chance in making the playoffs.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
The way the Blues played by completely smothering the Oilers right from the get-go, when Stewart scored I said to my wife "Well, there's the game winning goal." This game just had that shutout feel to it, and it's not because the Oilers weren't trying, it's because the Blues gave them zero time and zero space. They are my sleeper pick to come out of the West if they can stay healthy and play like that.
Pretty much

People give way too little credit to the opposition around here.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Stauffer blaming fans

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dnicks17

Hahah.

Isn't that Cogliano as Count Stockula's face?

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Maybe not but it's not as if Burke's track record is much better. Mike Komisarek?

Probably, but Burke isn't a massive upgrade. If he was over anyone in the league don't you think some other team would've jumped on him by now? Why didn't Columbus hire him? Strange...
I'm not advocating Burke as a replacement, as much as I am advocating a Tambellini firing. I think there are better options out there, but at this point I think anybody would be an improvement over Shambo.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Stauffer blaming fans
edit Tencer

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:49 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Brian burke is a better general manager then steve tambellini that is my point
Great, he rode the coattails of a team that already had most of it's pieces in place to a Cup win then proceeded to dismantle said team after the fact with brutal trades and substandard drafting.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:49 PM
MetaOil1993

Dan Tencer thinks the fans were being negative about the booing. IMO the team deserved to be booed, The management needs to get booed next.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
I don't understand this at all. First of all, what do you believe the management need to do to improve us into a playoff team? Using Hemsky, Gagner , etc. who do you think we could acquire that could turn us into a playoff team.
This isn't a playoff team this year. Accept it, move Hemsky for as good of a return as you can get.

Old
Ranfordrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Well, theres a ton of people at the game swilling beer that evidently didn't figure out what they were watching tonight was a textbook clinic by the road team playing Ken Hitchcock Dallas Stars in their heyday type hockey. We've seen this before, but apparently a lot of newbies on hand at Rexall that don't recognize what just happened.
yup i remeber so well driving me super frustrated..sept for game 3 of 97 play offs when down 3-0 with 5mins left in 3rd ultimate euphoria... i cant stand hitchcock and lemaire and quenville and all them trapping coaches etc..

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Stauffer blaming fans
Playoffs just became a fantasy again. What do they honestly expect? Oilers getting all butt hurt about not winning a must-win game?

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Empros*

What a waste of time and money tonight, feel ripped off

Wish the fans would of littered the ice with garbage and chanted 'Lets go Eskimos'

Empros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:51 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Stauffer blaming fans
Robin Brownlee ‏@Robin_Brownlee
So, fans aren't loud enough? Fans were too negative tonight? Yes, that's the problem. It's the fans coming up short. Gimme an F'ing break.

At least there's one reasonable media guy.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hemsky4PM

If fans booing bothers the players psyche...these guys are cream puffs. Get angry, get focused and play through it. Wow. What whiners.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Ya Tencer and Brown talking about how they never understand fans booing.

People get frustrated. They pay good money to be entertained and then watch crap. Not unexpected for a vocal minority to express their displeasure.

nexttothemoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Burke is a horrid GM. I don't want anything to do with that guy.

On the loss, we lost to a team who play a superior system with players who fit that system well. Story of our season.

03-23-2013, 11:52 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Komisarek signing was bad, but he was worth that contract when he was signed, his game just regressed with injury after Montreal.

Phaneuf trade? Win for the Leafs. Lupul/Gardiner trade? Win for the Leafs. JVR trade? Win for the Leafs. Kadri drafting? Win for the Leafs.

Making a big move to secure both the Sedins at the '99 draft? Huge move, impacts our division to this day. Drafting Kesler? Huge win for the Canucks. Those are the cornerstones of their franchise even to this day.

Drafted Bobby Ryan, Justin Schultz for the Ducks, fleeced Lowe for Pronger without giving up Perry or Getzlaf, etc. etc. etc.

Like him or not, he definitely wins more of his personnel decisions than he loses (no GM is 100%). And he has the balls to make a move, unlike our GM.
Komisarek, Armstrong, the list goes on. Of course the Phaneuf trade was good but at the same time he took advantage of a stupid Sutter just as he did a stupid Lowe. If half of the teams in the league even know he was available that trade is probably different today.

I think Gardiner is overrated and Beauchiman is having a monster year in Anaheim. Is that really a win for the Leafs? JVR I'll give you (because Holmgren is just as dumb as our GM).

Sedins drafting was good, as was Kesler, although he's regressed. But at the same time he considered Cloutier the starter of the future. He has a horrible track record with goaltending.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
RisingSun
Punky's Whips

Quote:
This isn't a playoff team this year. Accept it, move Hemsky for as good of a return as you can get.
We're definitely not a playoff team this year, but how do we become a playoff team? Development? I'm not confident that will work.

RisingSun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empros View Post
What a waste of time and money tonight, feel ripped off

Wish the fans would of littered the ice with garbage and chanted 'Lets go Eskimos'
But but that would have hurt the players feelings

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Yeah right players are being waived left and right and being traded for .20 on the dollar sounds like a real good time to go knocking on doors, doesnt it?

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
jbean

Management deserves the boos and I am ashamed we haven't heard a fire tambo chant all season. Even the Leafs with the priciest tickets in the league ended up booing JFJ to the point where they almost had no choice but to let him go.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Byakin1

I ain't even mad at the Oilers. They got beat soundly by a better team.

It's just depressing more than anything, as it shows how far this team has to go before being a contender.

Byakin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Burke is a horrid GM. I don't want anything to do with that guy.

On the loss, we lost to a team who play a superior system with players who fit that system well. Story of our season.
Tambellini is a horrid GM. Burke is above average-to-good.

Just because he mouths off a lot doesn't change the fact that he wins the vast majority of his trades and he drafts extremely well (very good judge of talent).

Old
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Pretty much

People give way too little credit to the opposition around here.
If Chicago didn't have such a Bizarroworld start to the season, that division is and would be a lot closer than the point differential dictates.

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote