HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers

Old
03-23-2013, 11:27 PM
RJK
SHOOT MOAR!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
there are sooooo many things that can go wrong in the shoulder. any minor tear/tweak can essentially debilitate you. i hope its just a bad bone bruise or something bc if he tore something he is DONE.
i've needed shoulder surgery for 5 yrs. labrum tear, searing pain when raising arm above my head from the side. as i am not a pro athlete i can't afford it. you learn to perform in whatever sport around it. i do BJJ with it and play hockey and basketball with it. its not the most comfortable thing in the world but it's tolerable. i expect a beast of a super athlete like kovy could deal

RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:28 PM
goalvalchuk17

woah, woah, woah. ottawa didn't give up after losing karlsson, spezza, and anderson. why should we after losing kovy? we don't even know how long he's out so how can playoffs already be out of the picture? one day at a time guys. let's see how long he's out for first. i remember when we had no chance to win against philly in the playoffs without kovy and you know what we did? win.

goalvalchuk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySideOfTheRiver View Post
am i the only one that doesn't think this is that serious? doesn't appear to be a collarbone. and if he dislocated his shoulder it'll be something he can play through.
I just watched it, that was my thought. Not to say I am not worried...I am very VERY worried, but it seemed like more his shoulder, maybe dislocated which isn't season ending.

Not a doctor so no idea.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
If Kovy is out , im done in fantasy.

Want to hear my first 4 picks in fantasy ?? Kovalchuk/Karlsson/Spezza/Cam Ward

See a trend ???

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:40 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner Devil View Post
When do you think we will hear anything about Kovy? Or is this Marty 2.0 this month?
At least we know it was a shoulder injury right off the bat.

With Marty, we didn't know it was a pinched nerve until he was just about ready to come back.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
At least we know it was a shoulder injury right off the bat.

With Marty, we didn't know it was a pinched nerve until he was just about ready to come back.
My guess he dislocated it and is going to be out 2+ weeks. More likely 3 or 4. I think he will be back for the playoffs though. Do wonder if this spurs Lou to make one more move or does he stand pat.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I just watched it, that was my thought. Not to say I am not worried...I am very VERY worried, but it seemed like more his shoulder, maybe dislocated which isn't season ending.

Not a doctor so no idea.
Dont want to be that guy, but Id rather Kovy sit out with an injury like that. Would severely mess with his shot. Rather see it get healed completely

Old
03-23-2013, 11:48 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post

I don't care if he finished his career there. He was and will always be a Hornet. Or a victim of the Monstars who miraculously got his game back thanks to MJ the Tune Squad
easy there.

im not even a fan of the raps, nor Bball..... i only posted in response for the reason that i read the paper here daily and had a soft heart for the guy.

i liked mugs and the spirit he brought to the fans of the team and thats awesome. i can appreciate that no?

that said....... an orleans hornet? or a pelican? or just a guy that made it big in Charlotte?

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Dont want to be that guy, but Id rather Kovy sit out with an injury like that. Would severely mess with his shot. Rather see it get healed completely
It is a valid point, I just hope it isn't so severe that it comes to that. Kovy just isn't the type to sit it out if he can play though. Only thing that would stop him is us missing the playoffs.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:51 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
I think you can place literally anyone on the planet in a pair of ice skate, give them a stick to hold, put them on the ice at the same time as Patrik Elias, and they'll score points.

Every single person he plays with has a good game when they're on his line....it's getting silly at this point.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I think you can place literally anyone on the planet in a pair of ice skate, give them a stick to hold, put them on the ice at the same time as Patrik Elias, and they'll score points.

Every single person he plays with has a good game when they're on his line....it's getting silly at this point.
In a slump ??? Put them on the ice with Patrik Elias

Old
03-23-2013, 11:57 PM
apice3*

Still real bummed out about this one

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Hollywood163

Can someone post a link to that website that shows the percentage chance teams will make the playoffs?

The one everyone was fixated on 2 years ago

Hollywood163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:10 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
Can someone post a link to that website that shows the percentage chance teams will make the playoffs?

zero % times 2 still equals zero. rot armpit rot.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:13 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
If Kovy is out , im done in fantasy.

Want to hear my first 4 picks in fantasy ?? Kovalchuk/Karlsson/Spezza/Cam Ward

See a trend ???
So you're the one to blame.

MadDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Still real bummed out about this one
We got an important win, just take that for now and hope for the best and that Kovy will be ok.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
So you're the one to blame.
Oh God. Im dropping Loktionov right now

Old
03-24-2013, 12:34 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Drop him before he gets "dropped".

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Jedi

I too would rather Kovy sit than play hurt. Playing effectively with a bum shoulder would be hard for a sniper. Plus if it's a dislocation the re-injury risk is high.
Quote:
Sacrificing personal glory for the team, like a real Devils fan.

Lou would be proud my friend.

Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Says we have a 68% chance, but a week ago it was like a 37% chance. These things go up and down.

If Kovy is out this is Marty the rest of the way. And maybe that stupid idea to carry all these defensemen turns out to really be smart. I feel really confident with Marty in net right now even with the freebie gift goal that he screwed himself out of a shutout with. The way Moose was playing at times he could have very well gave up 2 goals in this game, and not have even made that error that Marty did tonight.

After the ridiculous ''Brodeur needs to be sat and has the worst save percentage in the league over the last 70 games'' thread here's one for you. Over the last 68 games including playoffs from last years all star break to now he has a 920 save percentage, and a 2.10 GAA. That's up from his career average of 913 and 2.23 GAA. If that doesn't throw out the Maclean disaster + last years first half than I don't know what to tell you. No other goaltender in the league has these numbers over that span including playoff games other than Lundqvist I think. In that stretch he also has an even strength save percentage of 930+ The sad part though is that Price, Ward, Miller, Kiprusoff, Lehtonen, and Nabokov all had 915-920 save percentages last year on teams that missed the playoffs. Some of those teams also had better forwards corps than our team even with Kovy. Price's Canadiens were riddled with injuries though.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't know why you guys are always so down on Sherry Ross, the broadcast is a bit dry to be sure and yes she can be critical when need be but it's kinda hypocritical of us to kill her for that when we kill everyone else's broadcasters for being homers.
I don't mind the radio broadcast, and honestly I do like Sherry...she can be rather funny on twitter too. Sometimes though she can be really grating though, she can get super negative and I get enough of that out of HF Don't need it on the broadcast too.

Sometimes Chico's endless optimism is refreshing.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Kovy is a hard mother****er, lets not forget he played through excruciating back pain for 2 months in the playoffs.

As long as there's no structural damage I think we'll see him again before the end of the season. Kovy is a freakish athlete and takes ridiculous care of himself, pain doesn't matter to him.
And once again this is what I'm worried about. We've seen him play through immense pain like he did in the playoffs last year, but he still played. After he ran into the boards there was no doubt he my mind he wasn't returning to the game and it could be a bad injury. A player like Kovalchuk can tolerate a **** ton of pain, and to see him react the way he did tonight after the injury was uncharacteristic.

Obviously I'm no Dr. Recchi, but I'm just going off what I saw and how I interpreted it. I pray to God Almighty that I'm wrong, and I'll gladly eat crow for that.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I do like and appreciate the fact that Pete was very up front with this Kovy situation. None of this ''Well we'll see where he's at tomorrow and go from there'' BS. He came out and said we'll be without him for at least a short period of time. What gets me down is we can't even score more than two goals against the leagues WORST backups like the Clemmensen's and Enroth's of the league with Kovy in the lineup. Then when we have to face a team with a REAL goaltender like Lundqvist, Price, and Rask we come up short.

Without Kovy we couldn't even score one ****in goal on a 5 minute major PP against the 30th ranked PK, and goaltender who has been the worst in the league this year. Everytime we face a 30th ranked PK they become the 29th instantly! Just like the Jets who were 30th when we played them! Steve did say the Panthers PK was number 30 right now.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:59 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Well when all else failed, the just loaded up Kovy for the bomb

AYBABTU

GameSeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
And once again this is what I'm worried about. We've seen him play through immense pain like he did in the playoffs last year, but he still played. After he ran into the boards there was no doubt he my mind he wasn't returning to the game and it could be a bad injury. A player like Kovalchuk can tolerate a **** ton of pain, and to see him react the way he did tonight after the injury was uncharacteristic.

Obviously I'm no Dr. Recchi, but I'm just going off what I saw and how I interpreted it. I pray to God Almighty that I'm wrong, and I'll gladly eat crow for that.
Team could very easily of kept him out as a precaution too. There is to much guess work and not enough knowledge to be doing the guess work.

I would love for it to just be a bone bruise or something, but whatever it is I am prepping for at least a month without Kovy.