*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 09:44 AM
OlZamMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
I'd like to see him sit Berger, Scheifele, Camara, Hall and Ekblad.
I'd like to see him start Berger, just to give him a chance to regain and finish the season #1 in league in save %. When and if Niagara gets their first goal of the game, he takes a rest.
I'd also like to see Dale sit & watch from upstairs to see this team from a different perspective before playoffs start.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:33 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
I'd like to see him start Berger, just to give him a chance to regain and finish the season #1 in league in save %. When and if Niagara gets their first goal of the game, he takes a rest.
I'd also like to see Dale sit & watch from upstairs to see this team from a different perspective before playoffs start.
Really? Who cares about the overall save percentage lead? We don't need another repeat of the Pearson fiasco. At least DH appears to be learning as he goes along. The decision to sit the Hamburglar is a good one... Glad to see the others are sitting as well...not sure why AE5 is playing though...

Old
03-16-2013, 09:36 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Really? Who cares about the overall save percentage lead? We don't need another repeat of the Pearson fiasco. At least DH appears to be learning as he goes along. The decision to sit the Hamburglar is a good one... Glad to see the others are sitting as well...not sure why AE5 is playing though...
Playing Ekblad was not a good decision, he almost got hurt in the first period, at least DH didn't play him and some others in the 3rd.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Lemieux hurt his knee in the first....hopefully he will be okay.

Good game for Fotinos..second game in 2 weeks..he will be just fine when he gets strings of games next season.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:32 AM
krazy kanuck

Well we still don't know who the Colts will play in the first round but I don't suppose it matters much:

4-0 against the Petes
3-1 against the Fronts (loss in game 2 of the season)
5-1 against the Steelheads (loss in game 3 of the season)

Souldn't be much of an issue in the first round...

Hopefully Lemieux is ok. Have to play someone I suppose...

Old
03-17-2013, 11:41 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The Boston Bruins have signed forward Anthony Camara to an entry level contract,meaning its unlikely that he returns for an overage season next yr for the Colts
It's true, his signing likely means that he'll be moving on. Much like Tanner Pearson, he's earned it in his 19/20 year old year and I'll wish him well. Fortunately, the Colts are likely to return 3 of the leagues top 50 scorers this year (Hall, Anthanasiou, and Theoret). There are only 5 other teams that could potentially do this (Belleville, London, Owen Sound, Plymouth, and Sarnia) and of those 5 there are only 3 are likely to do it - fortunately for the Colts they're all in the West (London, Pymouth and Sarnia). They'll also return the best all round defenceman in the East in Ekblad and if Lepkowski returns two of the best defensive defencemen in the East (he and Ekblad). Combine that nice base with some 1994's that should be able to take the next step this year (Bradford, Dotchin, MacDonald) with the glut of 1995 & 1996 high end picks (Garcia, Fotinos, Lemieux, Yuill) that have had to play behind older stars in my view this year and things look pretty positive.

I'm looking forward to the post season / next season preview from Racers his predictions are usually spot on...but I'm hoping to wait a little bit this year...like May 27th.

Old
03-18-2013, 04:55 PM
amyles
We The North

How many games do you guys think this series will go? Or in other words, how many games will it take for Barrie to win?

Old
03-18-2013, 05:56 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
How many games do you guys think this series will go? Or in other words, how many games will it take for Barrie to win?
I'm gonna say a sweep in 4. Maybe with game 4 going to overtime. Can't see Kingston having any chance.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
Quattro.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

How did Webster look this year? I know central scouting had him ranked in their midterm ranking. Does it still look like he may be a late round pick?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Pony

Not a chance. His coverage in his own end is still pretty weak. He's a good skater and I like the grit he shows, but he has troubles in front of his own net. Be a real surprise if he was drafted.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:07 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
It's true, his signing likely means that he'll be moving on. Much like Tanner Pearson, he's earned it in his 19/20 year old year and I'll wish him well. Fortunately, the Colts are likely to return 3 of the leagues top 50 scorers this year (Hall, Anthanasiou, and Theoret). There are only 5 other teams that could potentially do this (Belleville, London, Owen Sound, Plymouth, and Sarnia) and of those 5 there are only 3 are likely to do it - fortunately for the Colts they're all in the West (London, Pymouth and Sarnia). They'll also return the best all round defenceman in the East in Ekblad and if Lepkowski returns two of the best defensive defencemen in the East (he and Ekblad). Combine that nice base with some 1994's that should be able to take the next step this year (Bradford, Dotchin, MacDonald) with the glut of 1995 & 1996 high end picks (Garcia, Fotinos, Lemieux, Yuill) that have had to play behind older stars in my view this year and things look pretty positive.I'm looking forward to the post season / next season preview from Racers his predictions are usually spot on...but I'm hoping to wait a little bit this year...like May 27th.
Don't count your chickens. Hall is expected to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round (despite being 19!). Even if he isn't you could sign him for free. Theoret will likely be signed by the Isles, being a big body who finally had a breakout year and is well known to Strome. And Lepkowsky is up in the air for the Sabres. And with the trade of TJ Brennan and subsequent callup of Mark Pysyk from Rochester it is looking more and more likely he will be gone.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Don't count your chickens. Hall is expected to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round (despite being 19!). Even if he isn't you could sign him for free. Theoret will likely be signed by the Isles, being a big body who finally had a breakout year and is well known to Strome. And Lepkowsky is up in the air for the Sabres. And with the trade of TJ Brennan and subsequent callup of Mark Pysyk from Rochester it is looking more and more likely he will be gone.
It's all speculation, such is the reality of being a junior hockey fan. Most would have bet money that Scheifele wouldn't have been back this year. If Dalton Prout can come back as an overager, Alex Lepkowski can come back as an overager. I'm not guaranteeing any of them will be back. What I'm suggesting is that there is a decent chance that at least 2 of them do. If they don't, OAs are cheap to acquire at draft time...in fact, the Colts may be trying to improve those OA positions anyway even if Hall, Theoret and Lepkowski return...see the Cameron / Pither show from 2010.

P.S. - Who is expecting Hall to go in the 4th/5th round? I would think more like 7th...maybe stretching up to late 6th.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
It's all speculation, such is the reality of being a junior hockey fan. Most would have bet money that Scheifele wouldn't have been back this year. If Dalton Prout can come back as an overager, Alex Lepkowski can come back as an overager. I'm not guaranteeing any of them will be back. What I'm suggesting is that there is a decent chance that at least 2 of them do. If they don't, OAs are cheap to acquire at draft time...in fact, the Colts may be trying to improve those OA positions anyway even if Hall, Theoret and Lepkowski return...see the Cameron / Pither show from 2010.

P.S. - Who is expecting Hall to go in the 4th/5th round? I would think more like 7th...maybe stretching up to late 6th.
I agree that OA's are cheap to replace, but I don't think you will be able to get anyone the quality of Hall. And they will cost you something. I expect at least two of them to be gone if not all three. But for sure you can improve upon the two of them, just at a cost.

Based on Schiefele's performance at the WJC I don't think it was a surprise he was sent back. Before that I thought he was a goner, though.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
I expect at least two of them to be gone if not all three. But for sure you can improve upon the two of them, just at a cost.
All three? I'd take that bet. Lepkowski is a 5th rounder. Theoret is a 7th rounder. Hall isn't even drafted yet, and if he does get drafted he's likely to be a last round pick as well. If they were second or third rounders, that would be one thing, but late round picks? I don't think that's probable, but I guess we'll see.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
All three? I'd take that bet. Lepkowski is a 5th rounder. Theoret is a 7th rounder. Hall isn't even drafted yet, and if he does get drafted he's likely to be a last round pick as well. If they were second or third rounders, that would be one thing, but late round picks? I don't think that's probable, but I guess we'll see.
I do not think it matters where you are drafted as an 18-year old (unless it is 1st or 2nd round), it is how you have developed and how good you are as a 20-year old. Fact is Theoret is a big man that has put up some points in the O. I think the Isles would like to move him along to the A or even the ECHL to keep him on track. For Hall, I am not sure why a team would draft him just to leave him in junior. What is the point of that. As I said, I would be suprised if either will come back. Lepkowsky, if he gets signed will not be back. I am hearing it is 50/50 at this point. I agree time will tell. Stranger things have happened. That is just how I see this playing out (I have been wrong before).

Old
03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
krazy kanuck

Up 6-2 time to have some of the better players on the bench. Hopefully Hall comes back soon. Not sure how Camara gets a game misconduct but Ikonen only gets a double minor? Curious...

Old
03-23-2013, 08:18 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Up 6-2 time to have some of the better players on the bench. Hopefully Hall comes back soon. Not sure how Camara gets a game misconduct but Ikonen only gets a double minor? Curious...
The most simple way to put it is that these refs are a joke. But of couse I'm biased a little.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:53 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
The most simple way to put it is that these refs are a joke. But of couse I'm biased a little.
At least Zach is back. Man, what a mess. Can't believe DH has still got him out there though. Ekblad too....

Players injured, possible suspensions, don't keep the best players out there any longer than you have to...

Old
03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
At least Zach is back. Man, what a mess. Can't believe DH has still got him out there though. Ekblad too....

Players injured, possible suspensions, don't keep the best players out there any longer than you have to...
I noticed Theoret wasn't out for the whole 3rd period. Hopefully he is okay. Knowing Branch O'Connor is going to be suspended. I thought it was a clean hit but Branch will probably view it differently.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:32 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I noticed Theoret wasn't out for the whole 3rd period. Hopefully he is okay. Knowing Branch O'Connor is going to be suspended. I thought it was a clean hit but Branch will probably view it differently.
Well if he does get suspended at least it will be early in the playoffs. The Colts should be able to do away with the Fronts without him. The Bulls on the other hand...

Old
03-24-2013, 12:32 AM
OlZamMan

Quote:
Quote:
I've never had an issue with Koziel & Oakman before, and when I saw them come out before puck-drop, I thought "Good, we'll have a well-called game tonight." Wow, was I wrong about that!
The Ikonen double cross-check was a combo of that + hit from behind + boarding. Camera's & O'Connor's calls then get that?? The other calls & non-calls made a joke of seeing great high-level OHL hockey take second stage. Sad, very sad. Even a couple Fronts fans in attendance were saying they could see that the calls were lop-sided & inconsistent. The + side as a Colts fan was that we got to see what a real power-play plan looks like. The Fronts have a beauty!
This is a great hockey series so far. It's too bad the stripes drew the attention away from that. A Travesty of the Game call should be made on these two for tonight's display.
The Fronts are clearly a determined and well-coached team. If Kingston wasn't such a drive on a weeknight I'd be going because again, these have been two great hockey games we've seen here.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
I've never had an issue with Koziel & Oakman before, and when I saw them come out before puck-drop, I thought "Good, we'll have a well-called game tonight." Wow, was I wrong about that!
The Ikonen double cross-check was a combo of that + hit from behind + boarding. Camera's & O'Connor's calls then get that?? The other calls & non-calls made a joke of seeing great high-level OHL hockey take second stage. Sad, very sad. Even a couple Fronts fans in attendance were saying they could see that the calls were lop-sided & inconsistent. The + side as a Colts fan was that we got to see what a real power-play plan looks like. The Fronts have a beauty!
This is a great hockey series so far. It's too bad the stripes drew the attention away from that. A Travesty of the Game call should be made on these two for tonight's display.
The Fronts are clearly a determined and well-coached team. If Kingston wasn't such a drive on a weeknight I'd be going because again, these have been two great hockey games we've seen here.
I agree it has been a great series and Kingston has made in closer than I thought. Its just too bad the refs are trying to control the game. The OHL needs to train their refs better and clarify the rules to them.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:47 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I agree it has been a great series and Kingston has made in closer than I thought. Its just too bad the refs are trying to control the game. The OHL needs to train their refs better and clarify the rules to them.
I've brought this up on these boards before - this went downhill the moment the NHL went to 2 referrees, and every other league followed suit. Instead of the CHL having the ~40th - 75th best referees in the world, they now have the 80th - 150th best referees in the world...if that. Unfortunate but true...

Old
03-24-2013, 01:37 PM
BigBuck

OHL website says Camera gets 3 game suspension. Nothing for O'Conner yet.

Closed Thread