HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lavoie: Expect the Calgary Flames to be most active team at the deadline

Old
03-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
If any Flames fans want to trade with Edmonton, we'd love Giordano please.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Chacal667

I know that Bob Hartley really like Raphael Diaz, but I don't think the habs should trade him

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:28 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
other than Iginla, who every team in the league could use/wants, I could see Sarich being something Bergevin targets

would the Flames take Weber for him at this point?
Im guessing a trade for sarich would be like some other recent depth trades 4th in next years draft; if Im Calgary though I'd probably do Weber straight up

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Stajan is awful

Absolutely awful

So bloody awful

No thanks!
I'm becoming a one-trick pony defending Stajan lately but I believe he's been the Flames best forward this year, at the very least the most important just since he actually plays center.

He doesn't get PP time so all 18 of his points are even strength. He's been matching up exclusively against others team top talent since mid February and he still leads the Flames in +/- with +11 where the top line is a collective -30.

Still, not an option for 2nd line center on any contender and he's far from that gritty 3rd line center teams like having going into the playoff battle. But teams could do a lot worse than Stajan on their third line this year.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Just watch Feaster do nothing.
My money is on this scenario. Either this or he will make a couple of small deals that really don't do much of anything either way.

I would be really surprised if ownership gives him the green light here.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Glencross would bring the Flames one of the best packages.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:50 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
other than Iginla, who every team in the league could use/wants, I could see Sarich being something Bergevin targets

would the Flames take Weber for him at this point?
Probably or a mid round pick.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Bouwmeester, Cammalleri, and Stempniak would be the biggest pieces. Other possibilities include Tanguay, Giordano, Kiprusoff.

Small targets would be guys like Begin, Jackman, Comeau, Butler, Smith, Sarich, and Babchuk.
I'd be interested to see how much teams like Detroit, Toronto and Winnipeg would be interested in Tanguay. He can play in any of their top 6 and make an impact.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
GlenX should be completely off the table unless someone offers us something absurd. Like Oilers 1st for example.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Deen

I hope Calgary let's the other teams pick the bones dry. They are obviously the go to team at the deadline. This team needs an overhaul and Fester NEEDS to be on the phone and getting what he can.

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
I hope Calgary let's the other teams pick the bones dry. They are obviously the go to team at the deadline. This team needs an overhaul and Fester NEEDS to be on the phone and getting what he can.
He definitely has an opportunity to really retool his team. Something he can do without gutting it. If Calgary can walk away from this deadline with 2 more 1st round picks and a couple of heavy prospects without gutting their team, it'll be good. Whether that's moving Iginla, Kipper, Tanguay or a combination of something like that, who knows.

There's not a lot of sellers so the price is going to be up there for some of their guys.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:32 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I think so too but I won't really believe it until I see it. This was a team just a few weeks ago willing to give up a potential (pretty much certain at this point) top-5 pick for Ryan O'Rielly.
Which wasn't a terrible bet. They lose a potential top 5 pick (and especially with him on the team, that top 5 is hard to get into) for a player barely in his 20s who's already a core player in the NHL.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Nightfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Which wasn't a terrible bet. They lose a potential top 5 pick (and especially with him on the team, that top 5 is hard to get into) for a player barely in his 20s who's already a core player in the NHL.
Colorado isn't having any problems getting a top 5 pick with ROR.

Nightfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:50 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I'd be interested to see how much teams like Detroit, Toronto and Winnipeg would be interested in Tanguay. He can play in any of their top 6 and make an impact.
Detroit is not giving up assets for old veterans.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:53 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

I hope the Toronto Maple Leafs are in on the trade talks for Jay Bouwmeester or Miikka Kiprusoff. Both would go a long way in bolstering different holes in our line-up for the foreseeable future.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfx View Post
Colorado isn't having any problems getting a top 5 pick with ROR.
Yeah, but Colorado's major issues don't stem from their center depth as they do have Duchene and Stastny.

The Flames center depth over half of the year has included Stajan and whatever 3 wingers they decided to convert that particular day. And with 7 forwards producing at least a 50 point pace (in an 82 game season) they aren't terrible in terms of offensive production. What they are having issues with is keeping the puck out of their net. Kiprusoff is having an off year and they could use defensive depth but a center capable of winning faceoffs and playing as a defensive anchor (like Langkow and Conroy have done before) is exactly what Iginla needs on his line.

Who cares if Iginla, Cammalleri and Tanguay can combine to score a goal a game if they're giving up two. Put O'Reilly in between Iginla and Tanguay and that line might not produce quite as much but they aren't giving up nearly as much either, in my opinion. The team would still have glaring issues simply because Kiprusoff is playing like he is, but they would be filling their most obvious hole and should be better (to what degree would be uncertain) because of it.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Thank you for letting us know Ken Holland.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:39 AM
fallsviewafro
Finnish goalies

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
3 years too late by the Flames. All their top players are too old and won't fetch a kings ranson anymore.

What a shame, I feel bad for that fanbase.
I have never, ever heard that opinion expressed before. This unique and original sentiment is surely the first of its kind thus making you its creator.

Seriously. Everybody knows this, but thanks for enlightening us anyways.

fallsviewafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:44 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
If any Flames fans want to trade with Edmonton, we'd love Giordano please.
I would gladly trade with Edmonton but it would require and overpayment. I doubt you would be willing to give what it takes.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:45 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
Glencross won't waive his NMC and the Flames shouldn't even ask him to. It's pointless to even bring him up.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:46 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Than you better hope they lose their next five games. If they win, Holland will go after a couple of veterans for a playoff run. He actually said it yesterday.

Detroit has so many legitimate prospects now it's actually quite remarkable. Look at Frk putting up 8 points yesterday. They even have Marchenko and Bachman who are becoming more viable daily. Especially Bachman.

The Wings will go after guys and they wont be depth guys. If they lose the next few games, they'll probably stand pat. We shall see pretty quickly here.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Glencross won't waive his NMC and the Flames shouldn't even ask him to. It's pointless to even bring him up.
I agree he is the perfect embodiment of Calgary hockey and should remain a leader for the next generation that said if someone like Shwartz and Granlund was offered I would move him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Would the Flames grant teams the permission to speak with Iginla about a potential contract extension? I would think that if they permitted clubs to do so that it could increase the interest and the offers would become more attractive from clubs, knowing that Iginla would be willing to sign an extension.

It increases his value if teams know that they can at least get more than 10-12 games out of Iginla. Look at how much mileage the Avs got out of Ray Bourque or more recently the Bruins with Mark Recchi. They were rentals who lasted more than one season with the club they were dealt to, and they went on to win a Cup.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Would the Flames grant teams the permission to speak with Iginla about a potential contract extension? I would think that if they permitted clubs to do so that it could increase the interest and the offers would become more attractive from clubs, knowing that Iginla would be willing to sign an extension.

It increases his value if teams know that they can at least get more than 10-12 games out of Iginla. Look at how much mileage the Avs got out of Ray Bourque or more recently the Bruins with Mark Recchi. They were rentals who lasted more than one season with the club they were dealt to, and they went on to win a Cup.
On HNIC tonight they said Iginla does NOT want to be a rental. I took that to mean wherever he gets moved, he has every intention of signing a contract with.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:56 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I agree he is the perfect embodiment of Calgary hockey and should remain a leader for the next generation that said if someone like Shwartz and Granlund was offered I would move him.
How so if he won't waive his NMC?

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote