HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

So what does it say when....

Old
03-24-2013, 12:38 AM
bigguy13

vCash: 500
So what does it say when....

In every Oiler player interview ie Hall on HNIC speaking about how the team (Blues) is a heavy team and we have to play our game, we got schooled tonight. We cannot play and consistently win against bigger teams, We see it, the players see it, the media sees it, but our management doesnt. Im telling you we have to trade one of our young assets now, either Hall or Eberle and get some size back with talent. Yes they both will be good players later on but you have to figure who you want to build the team around. I personally would build it around RNH, Yak, Hall

bigguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Shanahanigans

You don't trade RNH or Hall, ever. Everyone else, if the right deal comes along. (for forwards that is)

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Agron
BELIEVE.

I would trade eberle as well, only if i had to.

He has the least potential imo, lowest ceiling, has probably already peaked and when hes not producing hes useless.

We only have room for so many small, skilled, soft forwards.

Agron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:59 AM
bucks_oil

I would not trade Eberle... I was at that WJC game sitting beside his aunt... (by complete chance)... so I am completely biased. But when she said "he just has that knack for the biggest goals" it was 60 mins before the rest of Canada got a taste of it.

He will be a champion and I don't want him anywhere other than with us.

I would trade Yak... I think he will be among the best, but his trade value will also be among the highest. You can get two B+ assets to fill in holes from Yak. You can get 1 B+ and some A- prospects for Eberle (not enough)... and if you trade Hall or RNH you create new holes to fill.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Well, Auntie Ebs has my vote for next GM.

Tambi is knackless.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Agron
BELIEVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
I would not trade Eberle... I was at that WJC game sitting beside his aunt... (by complete chance)... so I am completely biased. But when she said "he just has that knack for the biggest goals" it was 60 mins before the rest of Canada got a taste of it.

I would trade Yak... I think he will be among the best, but his trade value will also be among the highest. You can get two B+ assets to fill in holes from Yak. You can get 1 B+ and some A- prospects for Eberle (not enough)... and if you trade Hall or RNH you create new holes to fill.
I disagree. Nails character is one of a kind, sort of like Taylor Halls. Both of these guys wanna win and its obvious that they are team first guys. You dont get a lot of guys that play with heart, intensity and character every night like Hallsy, Gags and Yak . That type of player is so important to teams. Its a mentality that this team needs so badly. Getting rid of it would just be detrimental.

Not saying that Eberle doesnt wanna win but he certainley lacks heart on some nights, like today. And its frustrating to see because you know he can do better.

If we trade Eberle it will bite us. If we trade yakupov, it will bite us even more. We havent seen the best of yakupov, not even close. But we may have seen the best of eberle already.

a good problem for us to have.

Agron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:25 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
I disagree. Nails character is one of a kind, sort of like Taylor Halls. Both of these guys wanna win and its obvious that they are team first guys. You dont get a lot of guys that play with heart, intensity and character every night like Hallsy, Gags and Yak . That type of player is so important to teams. Its a mentality that this team needs so badly. Getting rid of it would just be detrimental.

Not saying that Eberle doesnt wanna win but he certainley lacks heart on some nights, like today. And its frustrating to see because you know he can do better.

If we trade Eberle it will bite us. If we trade yakupov, it will bite us even more. We havent seen the best of yakupov, not even close. But we may have seen the best of eberle already.

a good problem for us to have.
Seems like giving him the "A" was the wrong move.

I just hope this season is merely an aberration.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:27 AM
tiger_80

Keep Hall, RNH, Yakupov.

Move Hemsky for a top 4 d-man or for a top 6 forward with size.

maybe move one or both of Gagner, Eberle if the right deal comes along.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Soundwave

Nope.

I'd rather just draft Barkov or Nichushkin or Monahan if size is really the root of every problem.

None of the top 5 are touched for another 2-3 years minimum IMO, and certainly not before the GM is gone.

Get someone competent in here and lets see what they can do with this much talent.

Hemsky is expendable though as far as I'm concerned.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:28 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Hall is the closest thing our top-6 has to being able to compete versus guys like Backes.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:28 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Nope.

I'd rather just draft Barkov or Nichushkin or Monahan if size is really the root of every problem.

None of the top 5 are touched for another 2-3 years minimum IMO, and certainly not before the GM is gone.

Get someone competent in here and lets see what they can do with this much talent.

Hemsky is expendable though as far as I'm concerned.
Agree. I would not trust Dumbellini with a trade. Our coaching staff is also questionable, to say the least.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:34 AM
oil10

I agree, Eberle will be a champion and should stay with the Oilers for a long time.

I do think Yak could be the one to go cause they could get a couple of pieces back they need. The other young kids have made a connection with the team so it would be easier to see Yak traded. But they need to do something . . . NOT picks, they need proven NHL players.

Last edited by oil10: 03-24-2013 at 01:42 AM.
oil10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

This is nothing new, the top 9 has been unbalanced for 5+ years now. Keep Hall/RNH/Ebs/Yak and maybe Gags, move everyone else. A team with some small non-physical players is fine, a team from the first line right down to the 4th line with no variation from that type is not.

The Oilers got the talent they wanted that could only be obtained through the draft, now it's time to get off their a**es and support it with something other than declining, ultra passive players and rookies - something they haven't even really attempted to do yet as they've limited their acquisitions to 4th liners and bottom pairing defensemen.

Aquiring 2nd or 3rd line players with grit was always going to be one of the steps in a long term rebuild, they just haven't even attempted it yet.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Well, Auntie Ebs has my vote for next GM.

Tambi is knackless.
lol post of the day

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post

Not sure if I am following you, but what is higher in your grading system B+ or A-?

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
zeus3007*

The Blues have owned us for years. They are built perfectly to take us out. You can't jump off a cliff because the team stunk last night, against a superior team.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote