HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 LMHF Report Game #14

Old
03-24-2013, 02:37 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 500
I really liked todays report it was like a tldr; version.

If you have time you should make a summary like this one for future games.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:17 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

The face that players and media types are pointing fingers at the fans is an absolute disgrace.

How a team can be bottom 5, for the better part of 5 yrs, and be among the highest priced tickets in the league while forcing its fans in to the worst arena in professional sports, and have the audacity to say fans need to be better, I have no idea.

I watched a practice last week and asked myself why there was ZERO intensity, I asked the Ched guys after the last game and apperantly because of the condensed schedule, no teams have intense practices...

Watching these games is just as boring as that crap practice and makes me think a little passion in practice or somewhere on this organization is needed.

This product is excruciating to follow.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:19 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
This sport is in crisis.. **** was that boring.... like i'm probably in the top 10% of diehard fandom.. god i post here. fan.. and I can't even watch this horse ****.

It's not just this team.. the game has gone to ****.

This game is everything wrong with the sport. Halak got a shut out.. didn't even have to make a nice save.

god every one of the other 30 goalies in the league could have shut us out tonight.
Looks like you don't understand or appreciate good, sound, defensive hockey. One team played a brilliant game tonight.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree444 View Post
Any thoughts on Eberle's decline, LMHF? The 'magic' seems to be gone, his interest and compete level are just zero...
Eberle and RNH were both underwhelming in OKC and its just continued here. Without Hall those two look lost.

Get Eberle the **** away from Gagner.

jebus what horrible lines.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:45 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
I don't like the way we handle injured players one bit.
Neither do I.
Yet the one guy who stood up and said something about it got labelled a cancer and run out of town - with the full support of most of this board.
This despite the fact that he was at the time one of our best players.
Go figure ....

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Bergeron47

Living in Australia, this has been the first game I've seen with Mike Brown.

I don't get it. All those things I heard about him going 110% on every shift, hitting everything on the ice, and establishing a physical presence.
I didn't see any of that tonight.

As for the rest of the game:

Was Eberle even dressed? Was he scratched with the flu with RNH? Honest question.

Hemsky was awesome and dangled and created chances. The part that disturbs me is that many considered Hemsky the odd man out in the top-6 after drafting Yakupov because of all the skill from the other offensive players. Yet every game I watch, which has been about 6-7, Hemskys usually one of the top 2 forwards on the ice.

Whitney looked terrible, like in the first few games before he was scratched? What the hell?

Khabi's early goal deflated them. No amount of great saves could have made up for that. The game was over once that happened.

For a #1 pick, Yakupov is really scaring me. Seeing guys like Hall, RNH, Kane, Tavares in their first years, they looked like they belonged. I understand Yak has the worst linemates in the league, but skating around really fast isn't really enough for me. Yeah, he tries hard, he shows emotion. But in the games I've seen he's been a complete non factor.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:49 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Living in Australia, this has been the first game I've seen with Mike Brown.

I don't get it. All those things I heard about him going 110% on every shift, hitting everything on the ice, and establishing a physical presence.
I didn't see any of that tonight.

As for the rest of the game:

Was Eberle even dressed? Was he scratched with the flu with RNH? Honest question.

Hemsky was awesome and dangled and created chances. The part that disturbs me is that many considered Hemsky the odd man out in the top-6 after drafting Yakupov because of all the skill from the other offensive players. Yet every game I watch, which has been about 6-7, Hemskys usually one of the top 2 forwards on the ice.

Whitney looked terrible, like in the first few games before he was scratched? What the hell?

Khabi's early goal deflated them. No amount of great saves could have made up for that. The game was over once that happened.

For a #1 pick, Yakupov is really scaring me. Seeing guys like Hall, RNH, Kane, Tavares in their first years, they looked like they belonged. I understand Yak has the worst linemates in the league, but skating around really fast isn't really enough for me. Yeah, he tries hard, he shows emotion. But in the games I've seen he's been a complete non factor.
You need to watch more games.

Hemsky was dog **** last night and has been for most of the games this season. His shoot out attempt the last two games before this one were embarrassing. Didnt even look like he cared. Looked like he was farting around at practice. This guy's half hearted effort level is embarrassingly bad. He needs to go asap.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:38 AM
mactforcoach

Will try to be objective here after attending the last four home games:

Last night we lost to a far superior team. Lets face it, the team we played last night could have beat any team in the league the way they were clicking. I didn't boo the Oilers at the end but I could understand why many did. I think Horcoff and the media should realize that the fans were not only booing the team but the whole damn organization. To open a radio show by calling down the fans for expressing their frustration only adds insult to injury.

Loosing game 3 to San Jose was harder to take. THey played a great game for 2 periods (the fans were cheering) then collapsed in the third. Sure San Jose came at them hard but that was when the Oilers should have gone for the throat and tried to increase the lead, not crawl into the fetal position with a shortened bench and hoped they could protect the lead.

Game 2 against Nashville, another good game against a beat up short handed team. At least the Oilers had a chance to play a decent 60 minutes and see what they need to do in order to be successful. (The fans were really cheering)

The first game against Detroit, a very exciting game to watch (the fans were cheering) but again Kruger elected to back off in the third and dare the Red Wings to try and tie it. The Oilers are not built for that kind of hockey, they need to always be on the attack. We are not good enough defensively to play that way. When your offensive game wins the first 45 minutes of the game why would you change it?

Overall I was more disappointed with the two games that we lost after having 2 goal leads than I was last night. The big question will be how the Oilers react going into Nashville, and will they be looking for some payback in St Louis.

mactforcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

Hemsky was dog **** last night and has been for most of the games this season. His shoot out attempt the last two games before this one were embarrassing. Didnt even look like he cared. Looked like he was farting around at practice. This guy's half hearted effort level is embarrassingly bad. He needs to go asap.
I can only comment on what I watch, but last night Hemsky was the only one I saw actually create scoring chances, aside from a few times Hall set up Horcoff for the whiff.

Id watch more games if I could, but when they start at 11am or 12pm local time, I only have the weekends to watch.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactforcoach View Post
Will try to be objective here after attending the last four home games:

Last night we lost to a far superior team. Lets face it, the team we played last night could have beat any team in the league the way they were clicking. I didn't boo the Oilers at the end but I could understand why many did. I think Horcoff and the media should realize that the fans were not only booing the team but the whole damn organization. To open a radio show by calling down the fans for expressing their frustration only adds insult to injury.

Loosing game 3 to San Jose was harder to take. THey played a great game for 2 periods (the fans were cheering) then collapsed in the third. Sure San Jose came at them hard but that was when the Oilers should have gone for the throat and tried to increase the lead, not crawl into the fetal position with a shortened bench and hoped they could protect the lead.

Game 2 against Nashville, another good game against a beat up short handed team. At least the Oilers had a chance to play a decent 60 minutes and see what they need to do in order to be successful. (The fans were really cheering)

The first game against Detroit, a very exciting game to watch (the fans were cheering) but again Kruger elected to back off in the third and dare the Red Wings to try and tie it. The Oilers are not built for that kind of hockey, they need to always be on the attack. We are not good enough defensively to play that way. When your offensive game wins the first 45 minutes of the game why would you change it?

Overall I was more disappointed with the two games that we lost after having 2 goal leads than I was last night. The big question will be how the Oilers react going into Nashville, and will they be looking for some payback in St Louis.
Payback against St. Louis? Here's a GIF for emphasis.

Lone Starr = Blues
Dark Helmet = Oilers

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Qrispy

Quote:

lol this is so ridiculous. He was one of the only forwards doing anything against the Blues. He has been good this season. I guess you need another player to hate on after eating crow on Gagner huh?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:26 PM
The Pouzar

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
lol this is so ridiculous. He was one of the only forwards doing anything against the Blues. He has been good this season. I guess you need another player to hate on after eating crow on Gagner huh?
I have to agree with IATL. Hemsky has amazing skills but he makes a lot of poor hockey decisions. He's good for a couple of wicked dangles a game which usually don't find the back of the net. Ales then follows them up by a half-hearted backcheck and leisurely skate in the neutral zone.
It is incredibly frustrating to watch him play, and he's one of the assets that the team should be seriously looking at moving.

The Pouzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
What did he do exactly? Sure as **** didnt score any goals.

Zero goals in the last ten games.

One in the last fifteen.

Real clutch player that guy is.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:

One in the last fifteen.

Why do you have a Gagner avatar already? Have you taken multiple bets, sir?

T-Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Qrispy

Quote:

One in the last fifteen.

No one is scoring goals on this team and you know that he's more of a passer, so it's hard to blame him for that but he's battling hard along the boards and getting chances at least. It's a sad state of affairs that those are considered positives but let's be real here. This team ****ing sucks offensively. A couple of marquee talents are having terrible seasons and there's guys like Smyth, Horcoff, Belanger, Jones who provide little to no offense, so I'm curious to know what you expect from Hemsky.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
No one is scoring goals on this team and you know that he's more of a passer, so it's hard to blame him for that but he's battling hard along the boards and getting chances at least. It's a sad state of affairs that those are considered positives but let's be real here. This team ****ing sucks offensively. A couple of marquee talents are having terrible seasons and there's guys like Smyth, Horcoff, Belanger, Jones who provide little to no offense, so I'm curious to know what you expect from Hemsky.
An honest effort.

He isnt giving it imo.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
An honest effort.

He isnt giving it imo.
Never has - and tbh has carved a decent career out of it.

His production is his production - and that's all I've learned to look at it as. He's never "looked" like he's trying before.

Looked like he was working hard vs STL - without the results, so to me it's not that impressive.

If you looked at effort alone Hemsky is POS. But when you look at results - he's been a 1st line winger for the majority of his career.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Just a heads up guys - no report next game as I'll be missing it unfortunately (or fortunately at this rate). Also only a 50/50 chance on Saturday. Way too much going on!

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote