HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#Sabres

Old
03-23-2013, 10:49 PM
indigoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I have confidence in Dancy, but i see where u guys are coming from.
Confidence? Are you out of your mind? It's one thing to support the team through thick-and-thin but to excuse this GM anymore is just absurd to me.

Whatever.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
sand1138man

good - Miller. Beating a team high in the standings in their own building 2 times in one week with 2 different goalies, and beating the leafs in between. Ennis's Gretzky-like pass to vanek. WINNING IN REGULATION and bearing down in the last ten minutes.

bad - myers give away, another two points aay from getting a top player in the draft, didn't get a ton of help tonight

Ugly - habs fans saying how they want buffalo out of the league because they lost to us again. Also habs fans complaining about a delay of game penaly that they have NO IDEA if it was a bad call of not, but just assume that it is, even though the refs were very fair tonight.

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:59 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
This tells you the Sabres are playing desperation, playoff hockey right now. This is exactly what happened last year.
Yes. But giving up 85 shots says this team just isn't good. But there's that old saying...hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. And having a goalie bail you out a helluva lot helps too.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
i love this team. i do. but how much more has to happen before we're all in agreement that this team is just not good enough? i want to surround our talent in the pipeline with...more talent. not inconsistent players who don't show up every night. and the more they win, the more it looks like the core that can't get it done will be staying.

i want a cup. i've said it before. the first step is acceptance that they suck. the second step is action. i'm ready for step two when it seems like many haven't bought into step one.
The team is not good enough, but trading away your best players doesn't make you better, unless you swindle a team out of their 1st overall pick with a franchise player on the board. Does anybody really expect to get a younger player with top line or franchise goalie potential in a deal for 26, 29, or 30? All I expect for any of them are picks or prospects that amount to no more than decent potential. Multiple picks/prospects, but not sure thing top players. It's just rolling the dice for the future. I'd rather trade the pieces that won't be good enough or around long enough for extra picks/prospects, and use them to draft or trade for better players that will be added to 26, 29, 30. These guys aren't has-beens yet. Next year this time is another story depending on what happens, but for now the plan should be to keep them.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:01 PM
zbubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
Ugly - habs fans saying how they want buffalo out of the league because they lost to us again. Also habs fans complaining about a delay of game penaly that they have NO IDEA if it was a bad call of not, but just assume that it is, even though the refs were very fair tonight.
I just watched the replay right now. I don't see or hear any indication the puck hit the glass. I think it was the right call.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

I'm not upset about us "worsening" our draft position. It's the Sabres, we are the most unlucky franchise in the league. Even if we finished dead last we would still lose the lottery.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:09 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I'm not upset about us "worsening" our draft position. It's the Sabres, we are the most unlucky franchise in the league. Even if we finished dead last we would still lose the lottery.
Sorry but we are 2nd to columbus, and that already happened to them

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:24 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Ugly: the ******** in the MTL post-game thread. Yikes.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:27 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yes. But giving up 85 shots says this team just isn't good. But there's that old saying...hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. And having a goalie bail you out a helluva lot helps too.
I thought they did a pretty job job keeping all of those shots to the perimeter and preventing a lot of activity near the crease other than on a few rushes. When you're clogging the middle effectively, the other team will start firing lots of shots from the outside, many of which will miss or be blocked.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
That's a silly notion. If they played well enough down the stretch to not only make the playoffs, but go to the Cup Finals and win... it's not because the NHL should be disbanded. It would be beause they are playing excellent hockey and nothing else.
My assumption was that if they went on to win the Cup, it would've only been because all the other teams they came up against started blowing tires left and right, flailing around with their sticks, recklessly getting penalties and scoring on themselves.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:42 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
If we make the playoffs great, do you truly believe we're going to win even a round if we make it? I mean honestly, do you see us beating Pittsburgh, Boston or Montreal in a 7 game series? All the games against Montreal this year, we've been dominated but somehow we squeak out a win.

Anyways, a win's a win and I won't complain too much. Win's are always nice, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing, another 9th place finish or 1 and done in the playoffs are meaningless. Landing a player like Mackinnon isn't. Just my two cents.

Thanks for bailing our awful team out again Miller.
You and I think so much alike. This team is not ready for the playoffs so why should we be in them for four games? We get outworked and out-shot every game, yet we pull wins out of our *****. That won't work in the playoffs.

Good win nonetheless, but this team is really confusing.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:16 AM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Its so hard to know whether or not its best for this team to tank or keep fighting. They gave up 39 shots, they blocked 31 shots, that doesnt even count shots that went wide. I mean 70 shots to 27 shots is way too much, but they won. They were dominated.

But they won!

Last edited by SabresAreScaryGood: 03-24-2013 at 09:43 AM.
SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:30 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Aside from the horrid turnover Myers was definitely not I'm the bs Column for me

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:10 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Aside from the horrid turnover Myers was definitely not I'm the bs Column for me
Same here. I lost my breath when he misplayed that puck, but I thought that he had a good game otherwise. He's certainly been more physical.

Though, prior to the last couple of games, it might not have been possible for him to be less physical without just laying down on the ice.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
The Good -

- Vanek looking good in his return, even quick on that second goal.
- Free poutine for every blocked shot!
- Most of the defensemen were pretty good last night.
- Most of the forwards actually tried last night.

The Bad -

- Jordan Leopold is a one-man puck distributor for the other team. Holy Christ, I can't wait for this guy to no longer be on this team.
- The playoff "surge" gutting a perfectly solid (s)tank job by this "team" for most of the season.

The Ugly -

- Boucher fired in Tampa. Perfect place for Lindy?

03-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
Same here. I lost my breath when he misplayed that puck, but I thought that he had a good game otherwise. He's certainly been more physical.

Though, prior to the last couple of games, it might not have been possible for him to be less physical without just laying down on the ice.
He tried that a couple times in Philly.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:50 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post

The Ugly -

- Boucher fired in Tampa. Perfect place for Lindy?
He'll give Stamkos the Vanek treatment.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 AM
HiddenInLight

Found an interesting stat in the MTL post game thread....Sabres are 11-1-1 in their last 13 games vs MTL. I didn't realize we have had such a lopsided record against them. Also, is it just me or is this teams board much more civil after a loss then other teams?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:35 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
You think they'd beat Boston in a seven-game series? Interesting. I think we'd get waxed, two regulation wins against Boston notwithstanding. Not sure we'd be able to meet their playoff intensity.

I'd much prefer Montreal. They're a talented team, but they're not "hard to play against," as that phrase is used in the NHL.
The Caps beat them dressing giveaway machines Green and Wideman on separate pairings, and the Bruins' offense got worse this season.

There really aren't any balanced, elite teams in the East.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Found an interesting stat in the MTL post game thread....Sabres are 11-1-1 in their last 13 games vs MTL. I didn't realize we have had such a lopsided record against them. Also, is it just me or is this teams board much more civil after a loss then other teams?
Maybe it's because the disappointment doesn't phase us anymore/our ******** is mostly directed at our own stupid team, not the guys that beat us?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 AM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
We also do well vs Boston.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:44 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
The Caps beat them dressing giveaway machines Green and Wideman on separate pairings, and the Bruins' offense got worse this season.

Keep telling yourself that. The Pens' have won 11 straight.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
moltenlava26

I'm not getting how miller stole this game? He made some key saves but elite goalies should stop the first shot. Price made a few key saves late in the first and in the second. I'm glad miller had a better game but he still looked extremely shaky in the first period.

Vanek with 2 nice goals that really put the habs into a terrible position to start the 3rd.

I don't want a complete rebuild but stafford and pommer need to go. Pommer more so because of the return you could get for him. I'm still not sure about getting rid of miller, but I don't want to give a 33 year old a 5 year 6+ mil contract next year...

moltenlava26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post

The B's weren't playing that well towards the end of the season, and they really missed Horton who scored some huge playoff goals in their Cup run. Also, Hunter had the Caps playing a boring, trapping style and Holtby played out of his mind. I don't see all those things going right for us just to win in 7. I'd much rather play Montreal, especially given our success in their building.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:09 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Keep telling yourself that. The Pens' have won 11 straight.
They did similarly well last year at the end of the season and still got dismissed in the first round. Just because they're the best team on paper or in the regular season doesn't mean they're unbeatable in the playoffs.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote