HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks pursuing a 2nd line center

Old
03-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
OK, I'm still really confused, assuming you guys don't have a Roy of your own.
Kevin Roy, second amongst Div I freshman this year, I believe.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
You know I'm not a big Smith-Pelly fan, but I think Bozak would be pretty good value for a potential 3rd line winger, no?
Seeing as we have no gritty wingers in our prospect pool with his ability, I'd say that's a bit of a loss for a player that would be here for two months. I think you may also be letting his short stint with us color your judgment a bit.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:45 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Kevin Roy, standout forward prospect playing for Northeastern University. Decent shot at the Canadian WJC team next year
Thanks, but jeez could the guy who threw out just the last name take a second and consider that not everybody knows every other team's prospects, especially in a thread where Derek Roy is being talked about.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:23 AM
DavidBL

Just curious, How was Tomas Fleishmann at center? He is signed for a few years but has the versatility to play wing and center( at least based on how ESPN lists him) if Holland steps his game to take that role. His cap hit doesn't Kill us but I admit it makes things a bit tighter. On top of that he has experience with BB. On top of that he plays for a team that is for sure sellers.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Thanks, but jeez could the guy who threw out just the last name take a second and consider that not everybody knows every other team's prospects, especially in a thread where Derek Roy is being talked about.
Sorry!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
We'll probably end up going with Bozak, especially when you consider the trade history between Anaheim and Toronto. But I'd imagine it also depends on where Toronto will be in a couple of weeks on the standings.

Ribeiro I doubt it, Bob Murray seems to value the opinion of his veteran players, so if Ribeiro had any beef with Koivu before, I doubt he'll come. But who knows.

Stajan is also a possibility, if Calgary finally decides to sell it all this season. But he has some sort of NTC, so that might get in the way. Two-way center, who seems to be having an OK year.

Stastny is a no-no due to the cap hit.

Brassard is another definite possibility. CBJ is moving to the EC, so they won't be as reluctant to trade with WC teams. But it's hard to know what Kekalainen is planning, especially if the team makes a run for the playoffs.

Gagner is another option, but he's playing too good, so I doubt the Oil will move him. Also Edmonton is in Anaheim's division next year.

I'd love me some Elias, but he's got an NTC and Devils are at least right now in the hunt.

In my wet dreams I want to believe that Washington decides to blow it up and Backstrom could be had (BB would interested, I think), but the contracts length and cap hit are like a wet blanket.

Another name I want to throw out there is Max Talbot. He doesn't have any kind of NTC, his cap hit is 1.75 and he plays a solid game. He can be our #2C for this and next season, then Koivu probably retires and he can become our #3C. Holland should be ready at that point to take the reigns as #2C. Also Philly seems to be really crashing this season. The only problem with him is that he seems to be playing very badly this season, but I think the second line needs a more defensive center, since Bobby and Selanne can take care of the offense.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
maplepred

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned mike fisher. I imagine he would waive his nmc to win a cup potentially. He will retire in a few seasons anyways and be stay at home dad.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
duxfever

Send a message via AIM to duxfever
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned mike fisher. I imagine he would waive his nmc to win a cup potentially. He will retire in a few seasons anyways and be stay at home dad.
And you get Carrie Underwood. Get it done, Bob!

duxfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

When Koivu retires, I think Bonino is his replacement. Don't see a need for Talbot personally. Wouldn't hate it though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:54 AM
DigitalSea
#50in15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfever View Post
And you get Carrie Underwood. Get it done, Bob!
I'd be all over that.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueLinee View Post
I'd be all over that.
Being all over that would probably get you IRL infracted, though.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
kento19
@kento19

Are the Ducks in trouble salary wise next year? or the year after? I could see stastny being moved there for the right pieces going the other way. If Colorado would hold 1.5mil a year of his salary it's pretty much a 2 year rental for Anaheim.

What could Anaheim add to Sbisa to get Stastny at 5 million a year?

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Another name I want to throw out there is Max Talbot. He doesn't have any kind of NTC, his cap hit is 1.75 and he plays a solid game. He can be our #2C for this and next season, then Koivu probably retires and he can become our #3C. Holland should be ready at that point to take the reigns as #2C. Also Philly seems to be really crashing this season. The only problem with him is that he seems to be playing very badly this season, but I think the second line needs a more defensive center, since Bobby and Selanne can take care of the offense.
He's not a 2C. He's really not even a 3C, though he can fill in in that role. He's best suited to either 4C or 3W, IMO.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Would NOT want Talbot as 2C at all.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
AngelDuck

No to Talbot. He's basically Bonino. Can't play 2C.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
Are the Ducks in trouble salary wise next year? or the year after? I could see stastny being moved there for the right pieces going the other way. If Colorado would hold 1.5mil a year of his salary it's pretty much a 2 year rental for Anaheim.

What could Anaheim add to Sbisa to get Stastny at 5 million a year?
Nothing, we don't want Stastny at the expense of Sbisa. He is one of those guys who maybe for the right price could work. But the right price for the Ducks would be no where near enough for colorado to make the trade.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:36 AM
DigitalSea
#50in15

In all likelyhood if we acquired Roy then it's going to be a prospect going the other way. Now I'd hope we'd atleast get someone we could afford re-signing.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:40 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Letestu, Santorelli or Legwand. Just my guess.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:51 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Letestu, Santorelli or Legwand. Just my guess.
The Ducks easily have 3 centres better than Santorelli. Legwand is interesting, but probably too expensive especially if the Preds are still in it. Letestu is another I would consider but he is well liked in Columbus and Im not sure he is available

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote