HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers

Old
03-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
And I think Marty shut people up beyond any doubt last year. They couldn't say his big playoff runs were only playing in front of Stevens-Nieds anymore. I just don't need any more Moose flashbacks please, Marty. One's enough
I just want him to get the Hart Trophy. If Kovy misses even a couple weeks and Marty keeps us afloat, I think you gotta seriously consider him. Especially if our record with him in the lineup and our record without him is so lopsided. Let's face it, in the last month from what we've seen this team isn't gonna be winning games 4-3 for the rest of the season. No matter who's in net this team can't score, and the trainwreck PP that we have now will be Rangers like in no time without Kovy in the lineup.

The league would probably give it to Crosby though because he got a zillion points playing on an already stacked team, while Marty plays behind a cast of a bunch of boobs and geeks. They still should have given Marty the Hart in 06-07 or 07-08. Especially 07-08, he deserved the Hart more than the Vezina that year I thought. Even Bobby Holik came out and said Brodeur should get it. Then he trashed his own team by saying Ovechkin shouldn't get it, because he has to play so many games against the worst teams in the league, and scores all those goals against TB and Atlanta who were the worst in the league at the time. They gave it to Ovy anyway even though Holik had a good point.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Devilish Predator

I hope Kovy is ok. But I have to think that this injury will show management that we need another top 6 forward, maybe even another 40+ scorer (Gaborik? ). Minimum, a top 6 scorer.

Devilish Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 View Post
I hope Kovy is ok. But I have to think that this injury will show management that we need another top 6 forward, maybe even another 40+ scorer (Gaborik? ). Minimum, a top 6 scorer.
We always needed a top 6 guy. D'Agostini might have been a good band aid to get by for the rest of the season if Kovy and no one had went down. Being that the trade market wasn't hot, and we really have nothing to give up without not making the team better with the initial trade alone. Seemed like a good until July 1st or whenever it start this year. Then get a look next year on the trade market with the cap going down or amnesty buyout UFA's even or the UFA market in general. Not saying get rid of D'Agostini by what I'm saying either. Re sign him, and could be a good 3rd line guy next year.

Does anyone else think the 2nd goal was kinda iffy? The Clarkson one? As much as it made me smile and laugh to see a typical Clemmensen blooper, should the whistle have been blown? I read Dineen and the Panthers post game comments, and no one made mention of how it was a bad call. Dineen is not afraid to criticize officiating either. I actually didn't see them pose the question either though.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:37 AM
rtr1105
1995 • 2000 • 2003

vCash: 50
Didn't pay tons of attention to this game while I had it on, but it definitely wouldn't say I was too zoned out of it. I noticed that we had trouble establishing possession in the Panthers zone. Zajac seems to really be finding his game. It came back defensively at first now the offense is there too. And Henrique played well. I don't think he gets enough credit for his defensive play. I really liked D'Agostini's play. He's got speed and had some good scoring chances. Once Zubi comes back I'll be really happy with our lines.

rtr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Was weirded out by Bernier on the 1st line, but how many other goofballs have we had in that spot this season? He had a great game, and wasn't so scared of Clemmensen, all 3 of his goals last season were scored on him, 2 playoffs, 1 regular season. Also loved the effort on the 6 on 5 by him. He was just beastly there at the end. Almost had a goal into the empty net, but it was blocked. Did a great job just clearing without icing it, and not just trying to focus on scoring into the empty net.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Kovy will be out for a few weeks, and the team will go on and score 5 goals a game without him, thus sparking the inevitable "Trade Kovy?" threads. Book it.

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

BleedRed I think it depends on the ref. I've seen some lightning fast whistles like that then none. I think it also depends on if he can see the puck still

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:39 AM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Does anyone else think the 2nd goal was kinda iffy? The Clarkson one? As much as it made me smile and laugh to see a typical Clemmensen blooper, should the whistle have been blown? I read Dineen and the Panthers post game comments, and no one made mention of how it was a bad call. Dineen is not afraid to criticize officiating either. I actually didn't see them pose the question either though.
I don't. The puck was loose. Some refs are way too quick with the whistle in those cases. Tonight's was a good call.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:49 AM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post

AYBABTU

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:52 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Yeah I just read the Panthers GDT and not one complaint about the play not being blown dead. Most of them were ripping on Clemmensen (They have been disgusted with him the whole season over there and rightfully so) for that saying he should have held onto it. I remember a goal in game 3 of the SCF last year where Marty had it covered, but the put it in. Marty had it covered for a few seconds longer than that though.

For those talking about Gomez earlier (I know it was a joke) I wouldn't be surprised if Lou did throw something at San Jose for Clemmensen if Kovy isn't back and we're still floating through come the week after that but the Sharks slide. I'm thinking a later round pick with some condition if we make the playoffs. Gomez has 10 points in 24 games this year, but it's skewed by the fact that he had a 5 game point streak that was just broken today. The Sharks have been very inconsistent since the second or third week of the season, and have a tough schedule this week.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:06 AM
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Salvador and Sestito are fine btw
That's what they say, but didn't they say that about Clarkson? He's never been the same since he got 'banged up'.

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
I would rather call up Eric Gelinas then sign Rolston and put him on the point
Same here. Rolston is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Since it had been a discussion, Larsson got out on the PP tonight and looked completely lost and non-reactive. So lost that Salvador got to take the next shift instead of Larsson.
The whole PP unit looked lost for the first three minutes of it. I don't think it was Larsson's fault. I think they should have tried him out there for a little longer than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Let's just hope it's not that bad. Praying never hurt anyone eh?
Of course it has. Praying to the wrong God has gotten more people killed than any other cause ever.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:52 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

awesome game.

-Marty laughed and winked at us and our 'Sprite' sign in warmups

-NJD retweeted our Waldo pic

-So did Wysh.

Those were 2 desperately needed points.

-Marty is unbelievable

-Kovy- yeeeesshh. hope he's ok, we're going to need SHG.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:53 AM
captainscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
woah, woah, woah. ottawa didn't give up after losing karlsson, spezza, and anderson. why should we after losing kovy? we don't even know how long he's out so how can playoffs already be out of the picture? one day at a time guys. let's see how long he's out for first. i remember when we had no chance to win against philly in the playoffs without kovy and you know what we did? win.
agreed teams don't always play bad when their big gun goes down... in fact they usually tighten up and play more of a team game ....i actually think its a good thing if he is out for a few games..they will tighten up on defense which is the only way this team will go far with or without kovy..

captainscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:17 AM
muller

this team needs a shooting clinic.

muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:23 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post

For those talking about Gomez earlier (I know it was a joke) I wouldn't be surprised if Lou did throw something at San Jose for Clemmensen if Kovy isn't back and we're still floating through come the week after that but the Sharks slide.
I would be surprised considering that Clemmer plays for Florida...

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

So where's Bergfors these days? Russia, last I heard.

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:31 AM
engy

vCash: 344
Anyone find it odd that Larsson gets no PP time at all?

engy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:45 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

This is going to be tough without Kovy. Really really tough. Marty going going to have to be insanely good every night.

Is it too early to bring in Boucher?...

TheUnseenHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
I think this will actually help the PP (aside from last night of course). Instead of relying on Kovy, they will have to work the puck around and move rather than just defer to Big Bear.

Hopefully this brain dead PP coach can do some good work during these 3 days off this week.

Captain Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:00 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
This is going to be tough without Kovy. Really really tough. Marty going going to have to be insanely good every night.

Is it too early to bring in Boucher?...
Not a bad idea. The more, the merrier....I say.

Besides, if he plays well enough, he might just stick around(though I doubt it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Lou View Post
Hopefully this brain dead PP coach can do some good work during these 3 days off this week.

He seems like a "smart" guy.

EDIT : Of course it would help if I properly fixed it so the pic shows.

Last edited by glenwo2: 03-24-2013 at 09:43 AM.
glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:22 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Boucher's ELC doesn't kick in till next year, it 'is' too early to bring him in.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Lou View Post

It's really not the PP coach at this point we can't keep blaming every PP coach that comes through, it's getting old

We have a PP unit that can be successful in place - it involves the highest 3 guys cycling and moving around with the 2 lower guys complimenting

The players just are not executing, a PP system can't be run effectively if the players can't keep the puck in the offensive zone, which we can't

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Stevens 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post

He seems like a "smart" guy.
Dave Barr is not our power play coach, Matt Shaw is supposed to be.

Stevens 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Status Quo

vCash: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by engy View Post
Anyone find it odd that Larsson gets no PP time at all?
Well he did last night and the Devils couldn't enter the zone at all.

Status Quo is online now   Reply With Quote