HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Boucher fired, Cooper to TB, Zettler in SYR | Bowness & George Gwozdecky hired

Old
03-24-2013, 08:45 AM
newham89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Yzermans ineptness at acquiring any decent long time goaltending and other significant pieces cost Guy Boucher his job. We love Steve Yzerman here in Detroit, but his firing of Guy Boucher is a way of covering up the real problems. He should be the one relieved of his duties. Yzerman out in Tampa Bay after the Sochi Olympics.
This is just all wrong. Lindback hasn't been the all star that NO ONE thought he would be immediately. He has still been much better than Roloson/Garon last year. Despite this, and an improved defense, the team has gotten much worse. This is all on Boucher unfortunately. I like him but he has failed to get through to the team this year.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:48 AM
echlfreak

Haha I got blasted a week ago for suggesting Boucher's firing and to hire Lindy Ruff.

Not doubting Jon Cooper is a great coach. But, so was Boucher at the AHL level. NHL is different!

After this TB needs to bring in a veteran NHL coach. Surely one or both of Lacroix and Raymond will be gone with Boucher come seasons end. Frantz should join them as well as he is the one directly associated with the goalies (TB's biggest issue over the last 3 yrs)

Hire:

HC-Lindy Ruff
AC-Ulf Samuelsson...coach D
AC-Keep Steve Thomas...help fwd
GC-Andy Moog, Tom Barasso, Olaf Kolzig, Grant Fuhr etc...

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Haha I got blasted a week ago for suggesting Boucher's firing and to hire Lindy Ruff.

Not doubting Jon Cooper is a great coach. But, so was Boucher at the AHL level. NHL is different!

After this TB needs to bring in a veteran NHL coach. Surely one or both of Lacroix and Raymond will be gone with Boucher come seasons end. Frantz should join them as well as he is the one directly associated with the goalies (TB's biggest issue over the last 3 yrs)

Hire:

HC-Lindy Ruff
You're still going to get blasted, it's still a bad idea.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:54 AM
HoseEmDown

Kind of expected but not right now, why not just let the season play out? He's doing a really good job helping us attempt to get Jones. Not sure who I'd like to see take the helm next, I'm not sold on Cooper at the NHL level yet, Boucher had AHL success and it didn't translate like expected.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:58 AM
MattM92

Quote:

Hire:

HC-Lindy Ruff
We all knew Boucher was gone, we just don't really want Lindy Ruff. To be honest, he had some pretty good teams up in Buffalo and never won a thing.

MattM92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:59 AM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Yzermans ineptness at acquiring any decent long time goaltending and other significant pieces cost Guy Boucher his job. We love Steve Yzerman here in Detroit, but his firing of Guy Boucher is a way of covering up the real problems. He should be the one relieved of his duties. Yzerman out in Tampa Bay after the Sochi Olympics.
Spoken like someone who doesn't know **** about Tampa!

Quote:

Hire:

HC-Lindy Ruff

All assistant coaches have contracts that expire at end of this season. Boucher had one more year.

Clean sheet for next season.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:59 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
You're still going to get blasted, it's still a bad idea.
Why? Im not saying we should hire Ruff but he was a pretty good coach for a long time. He has a proven track record so you know he will at least get results.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:03 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Why? Im not saying we should hire Ruff but he was a pretty good coach for a long time. He has a proven track record so you know he will at least get results.
He never won anything. Results=at least one Cup in 15 years when he had some really strong teams

MattM92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:04 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Any chance of hiring Cooper as interim coach for the rest of the season, and using that to judge whether or not to hire him for next season? If he's no good, hire Ruff. Some people do hate to admit it since HF is a "what have you done for me lately" place, but he was a decent enough coach in Buffalo I guess. The rest of this season can be Cooper's tryout. So what if it leaves Cuse out? This is the parent club. Everything done underneath it is for the benefit of itself.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Cooper please.

I'll puke if we get Ruff.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

I like Boucher, so I'm sad to see him go, but it needed to happen.

...Please no Ruff.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

#TeamCooper

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

best of luck guys, you have a good team i'm sure you will be better off. you guys are so lucky that your management is willing to fire a coach when he sucks..not every team is that fortunate..

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Glide5

He completely lost this team. Thats what did him in. I think he would be a hell of a coach one day. I loved the guy though.

Hopefully we get a good new coach, and some really good assistants. I think thats what did it as well. No help for Guy at all.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:19 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Wow. I'm kinda sad to see Guy go. I always liked him and his ideas/vision. But ultimately he has lost the team.

Lindy Ruff? Please no.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
AllAbout813

Holy smokes. im shocked. i just stated I was in the fire Guy camp after yesterday's loss, but I did not think it was going to happen this quick.

AllAbout813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
echlfreak

http://www.rawcharge.com/2013/3/8/40...-bay-lightning

Ulf

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:21 AM
zeykshade

Don't know how I could root for a team with that classless ****-stick leading it. I hate the **** outta Ulf.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:27 AM
TurboBrick

I don't think they would promote Cooper in the middle of the season. I'd rather make a deal for him to start in the summer and bring in Ruff or some retread to finish the season. I see Terry Crisp hanging around around, what's he up to?

I feel bad for GB though. He had some fresh ideas about coaching and his psychological warfare campaign in the playoffs was legendary. I also think this was the right thing to do, it just wasn't working anymore.

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
I don't think they would promote Cooper in the middle of the season. I'd rather make a deal for him to start in the summer and bring in Ruff or some retread to finish the season. I see Terry Crisp hanging around around, what's he up to?

I feel bad for GB though. He had some fresh ideas about coach
Crisp does color commentary for the Nashville Predators.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:28 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Lindy Ruff... ugh. He took a few really good rosters and got nowhere with them.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:29 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Any chance of hiring Cooper as interim coach for the rest of the season, and using that to judge whether or not to hire him for next season? If he's no good, hire Ruff. Some people do hate to admit it since HF is a "what have you done for me lately" place, but he was a decent enough coach in Buffalo I guess. The rest of this season can be Cooper's tryout. So what if it leaves Cuse out? This is the parent club. Everything done underneath it is for the benefit of itself.
No, no, no. Don't **** with Syracuse.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post

I feel bad for GB though. He had some fresh ideas about coach
That's one thing that concerns me. Yzerman didn't name an interim coach which makes me think a replacement is very close to being named and why would he pull Cooper out of Syracuse now, that's something Lawton did not something Yzerman would do IMO.

03-24-2013, 09:31 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Taxes Conacher View Post
That's one thing that concerns me. Yzerman didn't name an interim coach which makes me think a replacement is very close to being named and why would he pull Cooper out of Syracuse now, that's something Lawton did not something Yzerman would do IMO.
EDIT - I take that back, the wording is a little funky so I guess not. Steve must think we can salvage our season and still make the playoffs here.

****, I bet that means Lindy Ruff.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:36 AM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Spoken like someone who doesn't know **** about Tampa!

All assistant coaches have contracts that expire at end of this season. Boucher had one more year.

Clean sheet for next season.
Your defense is not that good. Some others believe it is. I look at your roster and I see 3 players that should not be in the NHL. They just aren't that good. Lindback is a decent enough goalie, but with that back end, it makes it tough. You need a replacement for Garon. He has had a few moments with Tampa, but overall I think he is a sive. Garon has never been the same after his injury in Columbus. Looked like a good acquisition at the time, given what was out there, today not so much. Your front end is really good. That is the area that needs the least amount of improvement. I feel bad for Guy. I think the players didn't respond to him well this year because of their poor start. The worse it got on the ice, the worse it got buying into whatever Boucher' ideas/system was. I think they quit on their coach. I think Buffalo players quit on Ruff as well and he is mentioned to be a candidate for your your opening. Not so sure about even considering him. Just because I am not from Tampa, doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to what goes on there. Many of us in Detroit want to see Tampa succeed because of the Yzerman connection. His playoff run 2 years ago was impressive and many here followed it with excitement. Since that time, it has went downhill. You need help and it starts with defense and goaltending. Actually it starts today trying to find a coach.

WhalerBlue is offline   Reply With Quote