HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 10:49 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I really hate all of you for ruining my poll.
You shouldn't have put Sacco as an option.

You basically asked for it .

Old
03-23-2013, 10:56 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
You shouldn't have put Sacco as an option.

You basically asked for it .
You know the funny part about it? Other teams fans are obviously participating in it as well. Sacco's skills as benching boss are well recognized and appreciated among NHL fans. I mean hey, that's valuable right? Every team has a good chance at two points with him behind the benching. Finally we are getting the attention around the league that this team deserves with him behind the benching.

Sacco in the lead now by two votes!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
DallasGaume

Is he fired yet?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGaume View Post
Is he fired yet?
No, and it's like a ****** dagger through the heart seeing him in utter disbelief of whatever seems to be happening on the ice.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Freudian
calmer than you are

vCash: 50
Boucher fired. That probably means Jon Cooper will be off the market. I can't imagine they choosing anyone else as replacement.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Guy Boucher gets the axe in Tampa, your move mister Lacroix.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:21 AM
DallasGaume

This team could REALLY need a new ownership. As it is right now, they can say whatever they want, it's still bloody obvious they don't care about hockey.

Kroenke out!
PL out!
Sherman out! (Thanks for PAP, but $10 mill/year for Jones, Hejda, Zanon...)
Sacco out!

Old
03-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Colorado Avalanche

We are basically in same situation as Tampa Bay. Sacco axed? If we lose tonight...

Old
03-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Kloparren
Hth

Joe Sacco is probably singin this this morning with Boucher fired

Old
03-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
We are basically in same situation as Tampa Bay. Sacco axed? If we lose tonight...
I doubt it. Avs are in it for the draft pick this year.

Serves no purpose to relieve this coach before the season is over unless we want pick 10th?

I like Boucher as a head coach though, I don't see him being on the market for very long.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I doubt it. Avs are in it for the draft pick this year.

Serves no purpose to relieve this coach before the season is over unless we want pick 10th?

I like Boucher as a head coach though, I don't see him being on the market for very long.
I highly doubt any sort of new coach would be able to improve our team enough to make our pick as low as 10th overall at this point. And if they can turn the team around that much, one would have to think playoffs would still be very much a possibility with that new coach.

As for Boucher, its tough to tell if he would be a good coach for us or not. On one hand he had some real good top end talent on that team in Stamkos and St Louis but still couldn't do much with the team. But on the other hand Tampa didn't have the greatest depth, while the Avs have better depth.

I think I would rather stay away from Boucher, but that's just me.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Boucher fired. That probably means Jon Cooper will be off the market. I can't imagine they choosing anyone else as replacement.
Ahhhhhh, nooooo. Hurry Pierre, get Cooper now while you still might be able to.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:45 AM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Ahhhhhh, nooooo. Hurry Pierre, get Cooper now while you still might be able to.
Pierre has never heard of him.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I highly doubt any sort of new coach would be able to improve our team enough to make our pick as low as 10th overall at this point. And if they can turn the team around that much, one would have to think playoffs would still be very much a possibility with that new coach.

As for Boucher, its tough to tell if he would be a good coach for us or not. On one hand he had some real good top end talent on that team in Stamkos and St Louis but still couldn't do much with the team. But on the other hand Tampa didn't have the greatest depth, while the Avs have better depth.

I think I would rather stay away from Boucher, but that's just me.
I disagree. I think that a new, REAL coach would allow us to go on a run (like 4-5 game win streak) and then our holes on D would catch up to us. So it would be something like:

26 points in 30 games (as of this morning)
10 points in 5 games (5 game win streak)
14 points <- 7W - 5L the rest of the way

50 points total <- miss the playoffs by 4-6 points.

I believe that's what a new REAL coach would do for this team. We are too far out of it to make enough of a difference to get us in but it would significantly worsen our pick(s).

Old
03-24-2013, 11:17 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I disagree. I think that a new, REAL coach would allow us to go on a run (like 4-5 game win streak) and then our holes on D would catch up to us. So it would be something like:

26 points in 30 games (as of this morning)
10 points in 5 games (5 game win streak)
14 points <- 7W - 5L the rest of the way

50 points total <- miss the playoffs by 4-6 points.

I believe that's what a new REAL coach would do for this team. We are too far out of it to make enough of a difference to get us in but it would significantly worsen our pick(s).
Those who think changing the coach will boost this team to a much better record are crazy. There are to many personnel holes for that to happen.

We only have 9 NHL caliber forwards, most of which would be best served playing bottom roles on good teams. 2 NHL caliber Dmen. And decent goaltending. We don't have the talent to make a little run to put us on borderline playoffs. You could put the best coach on the planet behind our bench and you'd still wouldn't get many wins due to our weak roster.

Changing the coach may give a 2 game boost, but after that our terrible defense and weak offense would come right back and we'd be doing the same thing we are now which is losing. The games might be closer due to a better system, but we'd still lose more than we won.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Those who think changing the coach will boost this team to a much better record are crazy. There are to many personnel holes for that to happen.

We only have 9 NHL caliber forwards, most of which would be best served playing bottom roles on good teams. 2 NHL caliber Dmen. And decent goaltending. We don't have the talent to make a little run to put us on borderline playoffs. You could put the best coach on the planet behind our bench and you'd still wouldn't get many wins due to our weak roster.

Changing the coach may give a 2 game boost, but after that our terrible defense and weak offense would come right back and we'd be doing the same thing we are now which is losing. The games might be closer due to a better system, but we'd still lose more than we won.
Yup. I'm crazy.

Apparently, when the Blues went from being a .500 club with Davis Payne to tops in the league with Ken Hitchcock, with the exact same roster, that must have been crazy too. Is Brandon Prust the main reason why the Habs went from 28th overall last season to 4th overall in the league this season? I know for a fact that some of their fans were talking exactly the same way you are right now....'our best forwards would be way down on the depth charts, on good teams', etc. yet here we are one year later and THEY are one of the good teams without making tons of drastic personnel changes. They did make a coaching change though.

You are underestimating the impact that having a moron like this for a coach is having on this team. There are a handful of teams with WORSE talent than what we've got, doing quite well because they brought in new coaches.

What is different about this season's Avalanche than last year's Avalanche team who finished with 88 points? Who are we MISSING from that team that could equate to us being SO bad this year? Jay McClement? Our defense is essentially the same as the one who finished strongly last year. Our young core is one year older, we should be trending the other way. EVERY Avs fans that I've seen on here has issues with how Sacco is handling this team...

Fans of OTHER teams are wondering what the hell we are doing keeping a guy like this behind the bench.

Please feel free to quote me on this, when the Avs get rid of their coaching staff and bring in someone competent after this season, the club is going to take off next year and it won't be because 'the young kids have finally grown up' nearly as much as it will be a REAL coach playing our players they way they are SUPPOSED to be played and the guys will respond. I have absolutely ZERO doubts that this team will be instantly WAY better with a real coach.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
InjuredChoker

Habs did get Markov back, he is important piece. I think they had most man-games lost or very top of the list. Gallagher and Gally have helped too.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:06 PM
The Kingslayer

Whose Jon Cooper? ...is what the AVs are saying

Old
03-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Habs did get Markov back, he is important piece. I think they had most man-games lost or very top of the list. Gallagher and Gally have helped too.
Agreed but that's a massive improvement. I doubt very much they'd have improved this way if they had kept Martin or Cunneyworth.

The Avs lost McClement and Downie from last season but we've added PAP who's been fantastic. We were 12th in the league on the PK and now we are 18th, so I don't think the PK is the main issue.

After the chemisty that McGinn showed with Stastny and Jones after coming over last season AND the first 5 games of the season with Stastny where he hit 8 posts, what kind of justification can sacco (not capitalizing his last name anymore, I have no respect for him) possibly have for not at least TRYING IT AGAIN even for one game? It's indefensible. He's EITHER mentally challenged or doing it on purpose to tank.

If we as fans as scratching our heads, wondering why he's not trying everything to make this team successful, can you imagine what the actual players in the locker room are wondering when they see the same thing??? That's the impact I'm talking, it exists and it impacts all the guys on the team.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 PM
the_fan

Why should the Avs fire Sacco now? so a better coach comes in and makes the team win few more games only to finish 10th, 11th and miss out on a top 2 picks?

Stupid idea to fire him now. Play out this season under Sacco, they are on the right path in getting that top 2 pick, then fire him in the off season. Start next season with a new coach and go for better results.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

The only thing that scares me about the Avs not firing Sacco is that it increases the likelihood that he will remain head coach next season. And I still think that's a distinct possibility.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Fire him now, rip the band-aid off the wound and tell our guys we won't tolerate losses any longer. Next season we hit the ground running.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

vCash: 150
As much as I want him gone, I think it might just be best to wait until the off season. Or at least later this season when a new coach can't make a difference.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
The only thing that scares me about the Avs not firing Sacco is that it increases the likelihood that he will remain head coach next season. And I still think that's a distinct possibility.
You can all expect the same kind of changes we saw after Granato's last season.

Fair or not, that's what I anticipate is going to happen.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Zandar

Sacco has a job until the Remparts are knocked out of the playoffs.

Closed Thread