HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XI - Winter... I mean...Deadline approaching

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Budsfan

vCash: 500
Adrian Dater

Scouts from three NHL Eastern Conference teams are at the Avs-Stars tonight and they are...

The Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators. Who are they looking at? Could be a lot of guys. Being that two of the teams are Canadian, let's get that rumor mill really cranked up!

Old
03-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Drew311
Play Me

No way Boston moves Lucic, Neely has a huge man crush on him. Not sure what's going on with Lucic right now. He looks completely useless on the ice, almost like he's sulking. With Lucic's mix of size and skill he should be able to dominate on most nights, but he along with Horton were by far the Bruin's worst players last night. Great to see actually. ****ing caveman.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Faltorvo

In the past i have put Kuli on the table as part of a package for Stast.

I'm officially rescinding those sentiments.

I like what he brings to the table skating with Lups and Kadri.

I had my heart set on Frats being the RW ,but i was viewing it from a 3rd line role.

As that line gains tougher head to heads, i see the need for Kulis stronger two way play with them.

So all i have left as the foundation for a Stast trade is Gunnar . For some reason my gut tells me they have an eye on Frats.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:03 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Adrian Dater

Scouts from three NHL Eastern Conference teams are at the Avs-Stars tonight and they are...

The Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators. Who are they looking at? Could be a lot of guys. Being that two of the teams are Canadian, let's get that rumor mill really cranked up!
Apparently Leafs are interested in Derek Roy. Does it make sense to move Bozak and acquire Roy though?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:05 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
In the past i have put Kuli on the table as part of a package for Stast.

I'm officially rescinding those sentiments.

I like what he brings to the table skating with Lups and Kadri.

I had my heart set on Frats being the RW ,but i was viewing it from a 3rd line role.

As that line gains tougher head to heads, i see the need for Kulis stronger two way play with them.

So all i have left as the foundation for a Stast trade is Gunnar . For some reason my gut tells me they have an eye on Frats.
Agreed. I too was ok with losing Kule if it was a 'hockey' deal. I'd rather him flanking our right side too and riding the hot hand between Kule and Frat for PP time. Frattin needs to get his legs back under him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew311
No way Boston moves Lucic, Neely has a huge man crush on him. Not sure what's going on with Lucic right now. He looks completely useless on the ice, almost like he's sulking. With Lucic's mix of size and skill he should be able to dominate on most nights, but he along with Horton were by far the Bruin's worst players last night. Great to see actually. ****ing caveman.
Post-cup complacency... maybe he didn't work out hard in the offseason. It was bound to hit some people. He just looks plain out of shape out there - he can't dominate what he can't catch.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Drew311
Play Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Apparently Leafs are interested in Derek Roy. Does it make sense to move Bozak and acquire Roy though?
I really hope they don't give up any big assets for Roy. We need size down the middle, not an underachieving 5'9" centre.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:14 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I really hope they don't give up any big assets for Roy. We need size down the middle, not an underachieving 5'9" centre.
I'd say given our recent success size as it relates to centre is not something we especially need to target. Any upgrade over Bozak in the #1C would greatly benefit the team IMO. Of course, I don't think anyone wants to give future assets to acquire these guys - player for player only.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Agreed. I too was ok with losing Kule if it was a 'hockey' deal. I'd rather him flanking our right side too and riding the hot hand between Kule and Frat for PP time. Frattin needs to get his legs back under him.

Post-cup complacency... maybe he didn't work out hard in the offseason. It was bound to hit some people. He just looks plain out of shape out there - he can't dominate what he can't catch.
Well for me, it's saying a lot that i'm taking Kuli off the table, because i want Stast here inbetween JVR/Kessel in the worst way.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
HRmm , interesting.

Skillz wise yes, i do that in a heart beat ,but that would never get you Roy.

Not even sure thats the kinda deal Dal would be looking for in Roy.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:30 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Adrian Dater

Roy and Stastny. Robidas.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
I'd say given our recent success size as it relates to centre is not something we especially need to target. Any upgrade over Bozak in the #1C would greatly benefit the team IMO. Of course, I don't think anyone wants to give future assets to acquire these guys - player for player only.
Oh, i think it's the other way around, ole man.

I don't think either team wants to trade these players for picks and prospects, being so tight in a PO race.

See, i look for the things that ain't been said.

DN stated he would not sacrifice the future for the now.

What has not been said is that he will risk the now, for the future.

Buffalo made the sacrifice call last season they shipped out Gaustad for a 1rst.

Then managed to package that 1rst to move up and draft Girgensons.

Grigensons for a fleeing UFA, well not a bad way to turn apples into apple sauce.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:53 AM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Quote:
No, unless the plan is to re sign Roy. Even still I'm not a fan and if anything would rather sign him in the off season and trade Bozak for picks prospects on deadline day. Bring up Colborne and ride him out the rest of the season and see what we've got in him.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:56 AM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Quote:
Exactly, well said

Old
03-24-2013, 08:57 AM
dubplatepressure

Just watching the Dallas-Colorado game from yesterday... guess who snapped the 1st goal for Dallas (Roy). Great game to watch if you want to scout some potential trade targets and you have GCL or something.

Falt, I dunno about Stas... every time I watch Colorado I'm underwhelmed by Stas. Not to say he doesn't have skill, he just never seems to get inside with the puck.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:07 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

david jones?

Old
03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Just watching the Dallas-Colorado game from yesterday... guess who snapped the 1st goal for Dallas (Roy). Great game to watch if you want to scout some potential trade targets and you have GCL or something.

Falt, I dunno about Stas... every time I watch Colorado I'm underwhelmed by Stas. Not to say he doesn't have skill, he just never seems to get inside with the puck.
These boards have hyped him up too much. He's been declining since he got the contract and only now people are starting to say he's expendable. I don't know how you go from one offseason where they are trying to get extreme value for the guy and now it seems like he's on his way out.

Derek Roy is not the answer. He is a UFA, so I would be ok with just having him down for the stretch run, but who do you give up? He's not a huge upgrade on Bozak to justify paying a big price and you can't take Grabovski out of the lineup simply because of what you're paying him. Plus, Dallas is still in a playoff push and sitting 8th in the West so I don't think they are going to start dishing guys.

Logically, if they're at the game, the Leafs are looking for someone from Colorado. I think the name that you're going to see talked about is Ryan O'Byrne. Expiring contract and an affordable one...makes the most sense to me. Likely giving up a pick or a prospect.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
He wont command a large price. I'd try and get him top sign a one year extension at his current contract similar to Semin as sort of a "prove it" deal. He hasnt had a great season in 3 years so he may go for it.

If he will do that I'd offer a 2nd and mid tier prospect.

Last edited by blasted_Sabre: 03-24-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old
03-24-2013, 09:12 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
He wont command a large price. I'd try and get him top sign a one year extension at his current contract similar to Semin as sort of a "prove it" deal. He hasnt had a great season in 3 years so he may go for it.

If he will do that I'd offer a 2nd and mid tier prospect.
Why would Dallas trade him when they are in a playoff spot?

Old
03-24-2013, 09:22 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
Why would Dallas trade him when they are in a playoff spot?
Good point. I honestly thought they were out of it with all the attention Roy has been receiving.

Im so focused on the east this season I havent really been focusing on the lesser clubs in the West.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Good point. I honestly thought they were out of it with all the attention Roy has been receiving.

Im so focused on the east this season I havent really been focusing on the lesser clubs in the West.
I think all the talk surrounding Roy, is because they aren't sure they can re-sign him and they want to get a good return back, before the deadline.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:36 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
I think all the talk surrounding Roy, is because they aren't sure they can re-sign him and they want to get a good return back, before the deadline.
Then again, we are talking about Joe Nieuwendyk as GM here. I love Joe for his time with the Leafs and respect his career as a player, but his trades as a GM are bordering on downright awful.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:37 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
My guess is with Benn as the #1C, Roy as #2 and Eakin as #3, they see a future with Benn and Eakin as #1 and #2. Being that they usually operate as a cap-conscious club, I doubt they want to spend that coin on Roy centring their 3rd line.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
HRmm , interesting.

Skillz wise yes, i do that in a heart beat ,but that would never get you Roy.

Not even sure thats the kinda deal Dal would be looking for in Roy.
Boz is bigger, way better on the dot, and slightly more physical. I could see Dallas interested, just to change the skillset. Vern Fiddler is the only one of their regulars over 50% on the draw. Roy has not outscored Bozak this year so his talent edge isn't tipping the scales the much. If they want playoffs and they see Roy as a groin injury waiting to happen, AND they don't want to add anything then maybe. I can't see a bidding war for a guy with 4 goals.

I would much sooner have Cammaleri from Calgary but the price point would be a lot higher.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Dallas is in win now mode big time...

Look at their team Jagr, Whitney, Cole, Morrow, Roy, Robidas etc etc

They are a true vet team and are holding down a PO spot. Dont think Newy will be a seller unless they fall off a cliff in the next 2 weeks.

Not the biggest Bozak fan BUT i would take him over Roy any day...

If we move Bozak i want an overpayment in picks (1st + 3rd) not just for the picks but for Kadri and Grabo to have a chance as our 1-2 and McClement as our 3rd line shutdown guy.

That makes us better now and on draft day... Win win!

Old
03-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:

Well it could be one of these "change of scenery" fits.

I'm not in any way at all wanting him if it's a "sell the farm" kinda deal.

And i do see the out option if it does not work out.

1 year left on that deal.

If i'm right that he fits with Kessel,JVR/Lups, well, semi reclamation project success.

If not, come TD he still is an asset that can be shuffled around.

Any way you slice it, a price will have to be paid to find that "other" C we are looking for.

IF PS can be had for something in the range of Gunnar and 2013 2nd, i believe there is a good risk reward trade off.

Closed Thread