Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic and Horton

Old
03-22-2013, 11:48 PM
thornton22

vCash: 500
Lucic and Horton aren't actually bad, but they are lazy as ****. Either that or they just don't care. We've all seen what they're capable of just last week against the Caps, but now they're back to being unproductive. It's pretty infuriating because they could be great (as opposed to the 3rd line- their problem is that they have Caron and Pandolfo, Caron being a career AHL player and Pandolfo just needs to retire) but for some reason, they don't want to. Krejci is good, but he could be a lot better if he weren't weighed down by an invisible Horton and painfully unproductive Lucic. The worst part is how much Lucic is getting paid, and yet 4th liners have more goals than him.

thornton22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:45 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Horton needs to take a game in the press box. Its an easy call for Claude. I have no question that if you call him out on the carpet he will come back with some inspired play. Furthermore he needs that on an ongoing basis. Benching a guy like Peverly is pretty meaningless if you are going to let Horton keep on floating.
Its pretty bad when you need to call out a supposed top 6 forward who has been in the NHL
for 10 years for nothing but effort.

The concussion has rendered the guy 75% of the player he was. I said about 10 days ago no GM should
give him 3m or more. He is way to much of a risk.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:23 PM
rainone99

Just wondering if Lucic and Horton have done anything tonight against The Leafs... Just curious!!

rainone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:39 PM
bostonphoenix

Our first line should have been Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron for the last year and a half.

WHY ARE LUCIC AND HORTON ON THE ICE AT THIS POINT! (goalie pulled)

TRADE THESE ALBATROSS CONTRACTS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:45 PM
-Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainone99 View Post
Just wondering if Lucic and Horton have done anything tonight against The Leafs... Just curious!!
I haven't seen much. Usually you get excited about your first line but that trio is fairly average lately. I see Lucic's mistakes and nothing from Horton. Lucic was a slow guy with grit and hands and now he is just a slow guy with hands.

-Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andy View Post
I haven't seen much. Usually you get excited about your first line but that trio is fairly average lately. I see Lucic's mistakes and nothing from Horton. Lucic was a slow guy with grit and hands and now he is just a slow guy with hands.
Are you the guy who used to be Analog Andy?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:18 PM
-Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Are you the guy who used to be Analog Andy?
Heh. Was that the guy pre 2002?

-Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM
AprilMayandJune

last 20 games Lucic has been George Larocque,except he hasn't hit or fought

last 20 games Horton has been Jay Pandolfo,except he hasn't back checked

last 5 games i'm wondering if Seguin may be the second coming of Alexander Daigle

AprilMayandJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:56 AM
kytem2

Please bench Lucic and/or Horton.

I have not created a new thread here since last spring when I suggested Tim Thomas did not care.

Well, I do care about the Bruins, and have for over 40 years.

Last edited by doubleminor138: 03-24-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: removed infraction talk
kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:04 AM
ProdigalFan
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm frustrated with them too, but benching them won't do a thing. This is a team- wide malaise and I'm beginning to think the only thing that will wake them all up is to drop down in the standings.

Before every game Brick says they have to "get back to playing Bruins hockey, the way they know they can", which means physical hockey and tough defense, neither of which has been seen lately. Sloppy hockey, lots of turnovers, very uncharacteristic for this team, now becoming the norm.

ProdigalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 AM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
I have not created a new thread here since last spring when I suggested Tim Thomas did not care.

Not sure what is going on with Lucic lately. He is not a 6 million dollar player but he is better then what he is playing now. Lucic was atrocious last night. Horton has been brutal. Their is no way he should be brought back. In fact I would like to see him dealt in an attempt for an upgrade.

It is amazing Krejci has somehow managed to be near the top of the teams scoring lead playing on the helicopter line.

But it is not only offensively, Lucic & Horton have been terrible defensively along the wall. Pinch your d and it is almost an automatic turnover. Slow and stationary with little hockey sense. Tough to watch those two right now.

Last edited by doubleminor138: 03-24-2013 at 09:34 AM.
LyndonByers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 AM
BobbyAwe

And play who in their place?

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:09 AM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyAwe View Post
And play who in their place?
I think it is about sending a message for their lackluster performance? Horton would be my first choice long before Peverley who has also been bad.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
Lucic & Horton have been terrible defensively along the wall. Pinch your d and it is almost an automatic turnover. Slow and stationary with little hockey sense. Tough to watch those two right now.
One of those goals last night (the Grabovski one) was on Lucic as far as I am concerned. All he had to do was take Grab's body along the boards and he separates him from the puck; scoring chance eliminated. Instead he just gives him a nudge as Grab's goes by and the rest is in the scorebooks.

I really don't care what Lucic's hit stat is. My eyes tell me he is an ineffective power forward who is not hitting hard enough. He has a problem!

ReggieMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post

On Lucic and Horton, who would we ice in their place? Honestly I think Horton is the one I would want too see more from.. He is a lazy player who rarely has the puck on his stick. And doesn't do jack to change it. He doesn't create any offense, Nothing!

I think Horton is sucking Lucic into his laziness style of play..

Last edited by doubleminor138: 03-24-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: removed infraction talk
BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:21 AM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
One of those goals last night (the Grabovski one) was on Lucic as far as I am concerned. All he had to do was take Grab's body along the boards and he separates him from the puck; scoring chance eliminated. Instead he just gives him a nudge as Grab's goes by and the rest is in the scorebooks.

I really don't care what Lucic's hit stat is. My eyes tell me he is an ineffective power forward who is not hitting hard enough. He has a problem!
I agree. We here a lot about the lack of offence and physicality from those two which is legit but they have been more of an issue defensively. It is like both are in quick sand.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post

Not only separate him, but obliterate him. Was Lucic wary of the retribution fight he'd have to face? Or he didn't want to injure Grabo? I have no idea. But the high light hit was there and he pulled up for some reason.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Not only separate him, but obliterate him. Was Lucic wary of the retribution fight he'd have to face? Or he didn't want to injure Grabo? I have no idea. But the high light hit was there and he pulled up for some reason.
Watch it again, Grabo fakes going middle then pulls back and goes to the inside. He had Lucic moving in the opposite direction on the play and got around him. He does that to a lot of people.

He abused Krejci in similar fashion, far worse imo because Grabovski wasn't even moving, later in the same play which led directly to the goal. If you watch the replay it's around the same time the announcer says "And Krejci goes right by him"... very easy to pick out.

That's not to excuse Lucic on that play, he got deeked out of his jock, but it was at center ice and there should have been about 2 more layers Grabo had to go through which for some reason he didn't.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:33 AM
BklyNBruiN

Every team/players goes through slumps.. I am hoping this is one of those slumps.. I hope they just forget about yesterday and come out tomorrow playing the game they know they can play..

Also were seeing how a couple of injuries can have a negative effect on a team.. The 3rd line needs help fast. and bring up the KRUG!!

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
LyndonByers

I am as down on Lucic & Horton as anyone. But when does the # 2 overall pick begin to feel some heat as well? Very questionable hockey sense and "compete level" for such a highly touted kid.

Personally, I think he is very lucky to be playing with Bergeron & Marchand because Seguins play has been very questionable as well. Scared to go to the dirty areas. Outstanding talent but worried about other aspects of his game now that he is in his 3rd year. Time for him to take over as the offensive catalyst on this team.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:39 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Pinch your d and it is almost an automatic turnover.
i did that once in my zipper... OUCH

sorry just trying to bring some humor into all the stress

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:41 AM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
i did that once in my zipper... OUCH

sorry just trying to bring some humor into all the stress
Well played. LOL

Old
03-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
I am as down on Lucic & Horton as anyone. But when does the # 2 overall pick begin to feel some heat as well? Very questionable hockey sense and "compete level" for such a highly touted kid.

Personally, I think he is very lucky to be playing with Bergeron & Marchand because Seguins play has been very questionable as well. Scared to go to the dirty areas. Outstanding talent but worried about other aspects of his game now that he is in his 3rd year. Time for him to take over as the offensive catalyst on this team.
Put him in a position to be an offensive catalyst and he might be one, but as it is right now he's just a very solid two way right winger which is what is being asked of him. He's part of the only line that's actually producing with any consistency on this team, and is putting up some decent points himself even though he had a slow start and he's not capitalizing on many many of his chances.

Move him to center and he'll be just such an offensive catalyst imo.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Lost Horizons
On the warpath

Lucic has only 17 shots in the last 11 games. For the year Seidenberg and Boychuk both have more then him. He's dead last among the b's top 6 forwards in sog. Peverley has taken more then him. It's kind of weak that your highest paid forward has only 4 goals for the year and habit of making extremely bad plays.

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:05 AM
BIG BAD BRUINS

Lucic to Ducks for Bobby Ryan, Horton to Calgary for Iggy

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline   Reply With Quote