HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 11:07 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Understand that George McPhee or Caps reps were at the Cats/Devils game last night along with many other NHL folks.

It was first joked about on the Capitals board that GMGM might be interested in reacquiring Flash. I never was a big fan of Flash when he was with the Caps, primarily due to him not be physical. However, the Caps are in need of a LW. Marcus Johansson is currently being used as the Caps first line LW, however he's a center.

So I'd propose Marcus Johansson straight up for Tomas Fleischmann. MAJO obviously a few years younger than Flash and he's a pending RFA. MAJO helps with the rebuilding of the Panthers, especially if you lose Weiss at center.
I think it's easy for whatever reason for fans to be okay with trading Flash but I can honestly say, I'm starting to think it would be a mistake to give up a legit top 6 forward who we can count on for some offense pretty regularly. We'd also not want a soft center though MAJO is a solid player. We'd want one of your top prospects which you wouldn't trade.

Last edited by RainingRats: 03-24-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old
03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think it's easy for whatever reason for fans to be okay with trading Flash but I can honestly say, I'm starting to think it would be a mistake to give up a legit top 6 forward who we can count on for some offense pretty regularly. We'd also not want a soft center though MAJO is a solid player. We'd want one of your top prospects which you wouldn't trade.
I could only see it working if it was a straight up deal. This all depends of course if Ribeiro resigns with the Caps. If Ribeiro resigns, it kind of makes MAJO odd man out at the center position for the team right now. If the Caps really felt Flash's return to the team would be significant upgrade, I could see them either going with MAJO/Galiev or MAJO/Schultz, but that's about it.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Flash won't be moved for anything straight up. No point in moving him for straight up unless its an upgrade for the Cats.

03-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Flash won't be moved for anything straight up. No point in moving him for straight up unless its an upgrade for the Cats.
I think that trade is an upgrade, MJ is a very good young center.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:03 PM
ShootIt

And next year Washington is no longer in our division. I'll do it. More insurance at center.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:41 PM
hollywood99

Matthias available?

Just curious if you guys (FLA fans) think Matthias may get moved at the deadline? I know he's had a really strong couple weeks but he's still a depth C that would help a lot of teams out in the playoff push.

With Huby, Shore and Bjugstad in the plans I see a lot of depth down the middle - not including Weiss possibly returning and Goc as well - and I could see a potential good return for Matthias.

Thoughts?

Old
03-29-2013, 07:03 PM
PSLguy
#catsarecoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood99 View Post
Just curious if you guys (FLA fans) think Matthias may get moved at the deadline? I know he's had a really strong couple weeks but he's still a depth C that would help a lot of teams out in the playoff push.

With Huby, Shore and Bjugstad in the plans I see a lot of depth down the middle - not including Weiss possibly returning and Goc as well - and I could see a potential good return for Matthias.

Thoughts?
That's easy to answer - no, he is an integral part of the team's future.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
hollywood99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSLguy View Post
That's easy to answer - no, he is an integral part of the team's future.
So maybe Goc then? I just see some good bottom 6 centre depth on FLA right now that could get a decent return to help in other area's.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

I see Huby staying on the wing...best fit there. Shore and Goc are more 3rd/4th line centre's on a healthy Panthers roster. Shore is a guy who could be up and down with the AHL with a healthy lineup then get called up to play top six minutes in a pinch.

Matthias is making a case for either 2nd or 3rd line centre. IF Weiss is re-signed here shortly (meeting with Tallon today?) and Matthias continues to progress at this rate...Bjugstad could be brought along slowly.

1st line C> Weiss
2nd line> Matthias or Shore
3rd line> Goc
4th line> Bjugstad/Shore/other...

Old
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Dr Beinfest

Playing Bjugstad as a 4th line center is an insult to his talent and size.

And no,I don't think Matthias is available. He's still team controlled. No reason to sell on a youngster finally blossoming.

BTW, if anyone wants to know where his new found work ethic came in... he stopped drinking.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Hubs is playing on the Wing, gonna stay there for a bit.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Goc would be the one traded if anyone.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
"Hey, look! Someone on the Panthers is scoring goals, maybe we can poach him?"

Old
03-29-2013, 09:30 PM
hollywood99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Hubs is playing on the Wing, gonna stay there for a bit.
I think it would depend on who you guys draft this year. I foresee a top 3 pick based on the season you're having. McKinnon or Jones and Huby stays on the wing. But Drouin and you have to move him to C and pair them up.

I'd still entertain moving Matthias for a top 9 winger, but no need to move him just cause as you all said.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:31 PM
hollywood99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
"Hey, look! Someone on the Panthers is scoring goals, maybe we can poach him?"
As I initially said I consider down the middle a strength and it could be used to bolster weaknesses. Don't get all snarky and defensive.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:34 PM
SeasonTicket

Matthias has always had the work ethic. The only thing that has changed is his confidence and with that the puck is going in.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:36 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
As I initially said I consider down the middle a strength and it could be used to bolster weaknesses. Don't get all snarky and defensive.
Our center depth is terrible. There's a couple maybe/maybe not prospects, but it's not a position of strength on this team. Matthais playing well is exactly what this team needs, not to get rid of. This always happens when one of this teams' player starts to do well. Call me what you want, but the rest of the NHL considers us their farm team, and frankly I'm tired of it.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
hollywood99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Our center depth is terrible. There's a couple maybe/maybe not prospects, but it's not a position of strength on this team. Matthais playing well is exactly what this team needs, not to get rid of. This always happens when one of this teams' player starts to do well. Call me what you want, but the rest of the NHL considers us their farm team, and frankly I'm tired of it.
Dude I get the farm team stuff, but I totally disagree about the down the middle strength. This is assuming Weiss returns, and 1-5 the Panthers are as good as anyone at C.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:53 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Dude I get the farm team stuff, but I totally disagree about the down the middle strength. This is assuming Weiss returns, and 1-5 the Panthers are as good as anyone at C.
Indeed we have some good center prospects in the pipeline, with that said it would still take an overpayment to get him because Weiss in not a lock to resign and Goc is a 4th line center. So until we know for sure what will happen he will stay.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
No way are we as good as anyone. Plus, Huby probably will not be a center, regardless of if we draft Drouin. I wanted him to be a center when we drafted him, and he might end up there, but I doubt it. Weiss is not even a #1 center. We would be respectable down the middle, but far from as good as any other team. Bjugstad needs to develop, and for that matter Shore has a long way to go too.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
hollywood99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
No way are we as good as anyone. Plus, Huby probably will not be a center, regardless of if we draft Drouin. I wanted him to be a center when we drafted him, and he might end up there, but I doubt it. Weiss is not even a #1 center. We would be respectable down the middle, but far from as good as any other team. Bjugstad needs to develop, and for that matter Shore has a long way to go too.
Well you're being cautious, which I understand. But a lot teams are jealous of what you'll have in a couple years.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Erick*

I would not trade a center unless some teams decides to overpay for Goc.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Well you're being cautious, which I understand. But a lot teams are jealous of what you'll have in a couple years.
In a couple years, yes probably. But we don't want to be bottomfeeders for two more seasons. Matthias is finally coming into his own, we don't want to see him traded for a wing after all this time now that he's finally producing. Centers are more valuable than wingers, especially on this team.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Out of curiosity, being a big kid what type of skills does Matthias have? Was surprised to see his "upside ranking" from HF itself was pretty low but he's obviously producing consistently. Is this a case where a kid with a lot of skill is finally putting it together or is he benefitting from playing with a guy (Hubes) who he's not likely to play with in the future maybe?

Are the goals he's scoring skill goals or net-front garbage goals (i.e. tough to clear him from the net, etc)? What about his puck handling and passing skills? Sorry for so many questions, just surprised (and happy for you guys) to see this kid come out of nowhere.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
PBPantherfan
#draft is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Out of curiosity, being a big kid what type of skills does Matthias have? Was surprised to see his "upside ranking" from HF itself was pretty low but he's obviously producing consistently. Is this a case where a kid with a lot of skill is finally putting it together or is he benefitting from playing with a guy (Hubes) who he's not likely to play with in the future maybe?

Are the goals he's scoring skill goals or net-front garbage goals (i.e. tough to clear him from the net, etc)? What about his puck handling and passing skills? Sorry for so many questions, just surprised (and happy for you guys) to see this kid come out of nowhere.
All of the above. He's had a couple that were skill, some garbage ones, he was already playing good when he was put between Mueller and Hubs so he is finishing off a nice feeds from Hubs where others weren't. If he keeps playing the way he is no reason for him not to play with Hubs he has been on fire.

Closed Thread