HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 07:28 AM
JackJ

vCash: 500
Iginla to Boston for Subban + 2013 1st

Old
03-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Kranix
shempionship

It hasn't been fun to play hockey in Calgary for about 9 years. I can see it in Iggy's face every season. Media scrutiny, coach after coach, etc. I really want to see him in Pittsburgh. They don't need him but I really hope he goes there. I don't care what the Flames get back. Mark Recchi was a big time scorer in his career and when he was 38 all the Penguins got for him at the 2006 deadline was Niklas Nordgren, Krystofer Kolanos and a 2nd round pick, for all the fans expecting the moon(I think I saw someone suggest a 1st and Nick Leddy...oh boy.) But I think the Flames might price themselves out of a trade.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
I really don't like Subban at all. Why would we move him for that when Pens fans are offering Kennedy, Maatta and a 1st? Start with Spooner or Khoklachev, add a 1st and a random semi useful 3rd/4th liner.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Wow are you kidding me. I think most Boston fans would absolutely disagree with you. Most of their core/best players will be together and are signed for the next 4+ years (avg). Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Lucic, Kelly, Hamilton, Peverely, Boychuck, McQuid and Krejci aren't going anywhere soon unless they are traded and even though Bergeron is an UFA after next year the B's will do anything they have to do to resign him. Rask/Subban as the goaltending duo. Not to mention how young most of the B's core is as well, aging....you say???? of course with the exception of Chara, but it's not like Chara doesn't take care of himself - he's in insane shape and I don't see him slowing down that much over the next 3-4 yrs.

Bruins are team that are built for the playoffs and very physical, so I can see them wearing down more offensively gifted/focused teams like LA or Pittsburgh. Also, even though the B's lost 2 games to the Penguins this year you have to take into consider 1 of those loses came with their backup in net, they were leading Pitt by 0-3 I believe with 5 minutes left and Pitt game back because the Bruins let up in the 3rd and the 2nd game the Bruins lost with the deciding goal being a goal of David Krejci's skate and into his own net...Pitt won both games by 1 goal and it can be argued the B's are playing some of the worst hockey they have ever played but still have a great record. I also don't expect the Bruins to continue to be as terrible as they have been and as snake bitten with scoring.
Eh, they Pens started their back up in one of those games as well.- And were missing Malkin and Letang, which is especially felt on the slumping PP. IDK, are we going to be here all day trading excuses?

Old
03-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Bruin4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I really don't like Subban at all. Why would we move him for that when Pens fans are offering Kennedy, Maatta and a 1st? Start with Spooner or Khoklachev, add a 1st and a random semi useful 3rd/4th liner.
because your not a real GM first off...
secondly you probably don't like subban due to the WJC. Pretty much playing lights out hockey since then...

Old
03-24-2013, 10:37 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
secondly you probably don't like subban due to the WJC. Pretty much playing lights out hockey since then...
or the fact that they are already deep in the goaltending prospect department. it's not even a matter of whether or not Subban would be their best G prospect. why should the main piece of an Iginla deal not fill a need for them?

Old
03-24-2013, 10:40 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Eh, they Pens started their back up in one of those games as well.- And were missing Malkin and Letang, which is especially felt on the slumping PP. IDK, are we going to be here all day trading excuses?
You beat me to the punch on this one. Easy for Boston to make excuses, but its easy for them to forget Malkin and Letang weren't playing and the backup goalie played in one of the games for Pittsburgh.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
It will take far more then Subban and a 2013 1st to get Iginla to Boston.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Really? Thanks for pointing that out. I was confused for a second as I'm also overweight and somewhat blustery so for a second I thought I was Feaster. Why would we want Subban? We have Gilles and Brossoit already who are about the same age. IF we acquired a goalie it would be someone in the Bernier age bracket, not another guy who is essentially the same as two guys we already have.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Stryker Island

I have a grand total of zero interest in Subban for the reason Dion has already pointed out.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:33 AM
PenguinTommy

Nothing new though ...

Quote:
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs

I've been told by sources all along Bruins are 100 percent in on Jarome Iginla. Remains to be seen if he/Flames want to steer him to Boston
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...47447605825536

Old
03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

vCash: 50
Renaud Lavoie's Blog

Quote:
Jarome Iginla file will grow in the coming days and according to the latest information, the Flames captain has submitted a list of teams he would agree to be traded.
The Bruins, Penguins, Kings and Blackhawks are courses listed by Iginla.
Maybe this was mentioned prior, I don't know. Anyways, there it is.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Well it only counts when it's the Bruins playing their backup or missing their best players, I guess. Or when they get bad bounces or quit playing and let the Pens win, and so on and so on.

Still not especially invested in whether or not the Pens get Iginla. If they do, good, as long as it's a fair deal. If they don't, I'll assume the price was unreasonable. At this point I just hope he gets traded soon so all of this ridiculous speculation and bickering can end.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
amt98Bruin
Return of Savvy

Would something like Khocklachev, Caron and a 1st be reasonable?

Old
03-24-2013, 11:48 AM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by amt98Bruin View Post
Would something like Khocklachev, Caron and a 1st be reasonable?
Yes. We would love a prospect like Khoko.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
billybudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Renaud Lavoie's Blog

Maybe this was mentioned prior, I don't know. Anyways, there it is.
It has been mentioned by Lebrun and, I think McKenzie, but they were a little less definitive than Lavoie is here, so it's a good report to note.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Im not a big fan of Subban either, but if the best offers the Pens throw is Maata and a 1st vs what could be Subban and a 1st, I will definitely take Subban.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I'd give

A 1st

One of Pouliot, Maatta, Harrington, Dumoulin

One or two of Kennedy, Jeffrey, Bortuzzo.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:54 AM
VanCanucks14

Iggy as a Bruin would be gross. Respect the guy too much. Good chance of it happening though.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Pensfan247
Rookie User

It would be great to see Iginla get traded to a contender and get his shot at a cup.would like to see him as a penguin but doesn't really matter to me as long as he gets his chance for a Stanley cup.he has been the face of the flames for so many years and they have never been able to find him that great center to play with.they should move him while they can for something and not risk letting him walk for nothing.will be sad day when they trade him for flames fans.but as a Iginla fan I would like to see him get what he deserves and is missing.that Stanley cup ring.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I'd give

A 1st

1st, Pouliot and Kennedy gets it done for me.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:13 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I'd give

A 1st

Too much for a rental that is going back to Calgary after the season.

I realize Kennedy, Jeffrey and Bortuzzo are replaceable, but giving a first, a D prospect and possibly two of those guys for Iggy is a bit much. Those three guys are depth players and we don't have the depth to replace both Jeffrey and Kennedy.

If you give them a first, a D prospect and Kennedy or Jeffrey and Bortuzzo, Calgary is giving something back, like a fourth or fifth round pick.

I'm hoping the Pittsburgh interest in Iggy was leaked intentionally as a distraction while Shero is actually going after his true target - a guy that commands a first and a D prospect return, but is younger, fills a need and isn't a rental. Wouldn't surprise me if that is what's happening.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 03-24-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Hazi

What do you guys think of this?

Torey Krug
Jordan Caron
1st

Iginla

Old
03-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post

Torey Krug
Jordan Caron
1st

Iginla
No thanks.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:25 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post

Torey Krug
Jordan Caron
1st

Iginla
If Pittsburgh is offering a first, any one of our top six D prospects and Kennedy, this one is badly trumped.

Closed Thread