HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 04:56 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
If you believe the rumors, it's Detroit, TB, and another team that periodically changes. Sometimes St. Louis, sometimes Edmonton, or even others.

An interesting thing to talk about would be: does Sustr signing in TB affect DeKeyser's desire to sign there?

Now, by all indications Sustr plays the right side. I know that DeKeyser plays the left side. So while they're both defensemen, it might be that DeKeyser doesn't necessarily view him as competition. In fact, Sustr could just be another piece in a solid defense for DeKeyser to join in the future.

Plus, TBL has several defensemen who (one would think) will not not necessarily be holding down roster spots in the future. Salo and Ohlund are getting up there in years. Bergeron is not exactly a cornerstone. Brian Lee is seemingly not a worldbeater there. Aulie, although still young, is not making the strongest claim for his job. So I think in terms of that lineup, it likely looked very appealing to Sustr in terms of picking up a roster spot in the next 1-3 years. I can't see why it wouldn't look like a great opportunity to DeKeyser even with Sustr on board.

So, I think DeKeyser should still have a strong interest in the TBL. They're very strong offensively with room to grow defensively, along with lots of jobs to be had.

Of course, he should still sign with the Wings. /biased
Where did you hear that Edmonton was one of the teams? I don't know much at all about the kid but we definitely need help on D.

03-24-2013, 09:42 AM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Where did you hear that Edmonton was one of the teams? I don't know much at all about the kid but we definitely need help on D.
People were throwing around Edmonton because they thought he would get the most playing time if he were to sign with Edmonton, aka Justin Schultz (I know we've been through this in this thread, i'm simply repeating what was said). While it's an attractive place with their young talent, I would say it's unlikely he is considering going there. The rumors state he is down to three teams (Det-TB-StL), and I would venture to say it's simply down to Tampa Bay and Detroit.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
People were throwing around Edmonton because they thought he would get the most playing time if he were to sign with Edmonton, aka Justin Schultz (I know we've been through this in this thread, i'm simply repeating what was said). While it's an attractive place with their young talent, I would say it's unlikely he is considering going there. The rumors state he is down to three teams (Det-TB-StL), and I would venture to say it's simply down to Tampa Bay and Detroit.
By all reports It's Detroit or Tampa Bay with Detroit In a slight lead.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:52 AM
jroc86

He has a Red Wing jersey hanging in his dorm window ... hes coming to Detroit

Old
03-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Rick16

Why is this guy such a big deal? Obviously I've never seen him play or even really heard anything about him but I'm looking at his stats and this is nothing impressive. What style of game does he play? Is he NHL ready? He's tall but very light considering his height.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Why is this guy such a big deal? Obviously I've never seen him play or even really heard anything about him but I'm looking at his stats and this is nothing impressive. What style of game does he play? Is he NHL ready? He's tall but very light considering his height.
For the same reason that Justin Schultz was a big deal 2 seasons ago plenty of talent there.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
He has a Red Wing jersey hanging in his dorm window ... hes coming to Detroit
For all you know it's an Yzerman jersey...

Old
03-24-2013, 12:33 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie)

With Western Michigan out of NCAA playoffs, sought-after UFA D Dan DeKeyser will be in Toronto Tuesday to meet with advisors/field offfers.
Quote:
Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Many in hockey believe DET is frontrunner for DeKeyser but sorting/selection process starts Tuesday, may take a day or two to complete.
He will be in Toronto with his agent starting Tuesday to start going through the offers.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
For the same reason that Justin Schultz was a big deal 2 seasons ago plenty of talent there.
I don't think you can compare a guy who was drafted in 2nd round and who had way more than a point per game in his last 2 NCAA seasons to a guy who was never drafted and didn't even came close to the 0,5 ppg mark in any of his NCAA seasons.

That's why I asked what kind of player he is, offense is obviously not his strength.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
NHL teams will be full-court press trying to sign Western Michigan's DeKeyser. EDM owner Daryl Katz has already phoned the UFA defenceman.

It's believed DeKeyser will have his equipment with him in TOR, once he makes decision he can fly directly to club he's chosen.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Seachd

Would love him in Edmonton but wouldn't mind in the least if he went to Anaheim. Kind of be like getting something back for losing Schultz.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:43 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Some think top contenders for DeKeyser are DET, STL, ANA and EDM but multiple teams have high interest. PHI and OTT will be pushing hard too

Old
03-24-2013, 01:47 PM
caley

McKenzie
Quote:
TOR was front and centre for DeKeyser when Brian Burke was GM. Now ANA, where Burke is working, said to be heavily in the mix.

03-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
When is DeKeyser expected to sign?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:03 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
When is DeKeyser expected to sign?
No one really knows. He's supposed to sit down with his agent and weigh all his offers on Tuesday, so I'd think it would be by the end of next week at the latest. Per McKenzie, he has his equipment with him and will travel directly to whichever team signs him and start practising.

My guess is he still ends up in Detroit, but I wouldn't rule out Edmonton. Remember last year Justin Schultz was a lifelong Canucks fan before Edmonton won him over. If Darryl Katz is putting in phonecalls to him, personally, I'd say the Oilers will make him a very good offer with the chance to play with Justin Schultz for many years to come.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Wingsfan2965*

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 27s
I hear Detroit, Edmonton, Anaheim, St. Louis, Nashville are final 5 for Western Michigan's Dan DeKeyser. With fam in Michigan-Wings favorite

Old
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
NHL teams will be full-court press trying to sign Western Michigan's DeKeyser. EDM owner Daryl Katz has already phoned the UFA defenceman.

It's believed DeKeyser will have his equipment with him in TOR, once he makes decision he can fly directly to club he's chosen.
Or he'll hop back in his car and drive back to Detroit. Do you know how much booze you can hide in your hockey bag going through customs????

Old
03-24-2013, 02:17 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 27s
I hear Detroit, Edmonton, Anaheim, St. Louis, Nashville are final 5 for Western Michigan's Dan DeKeyser. With fam in Michigan-Wings favorite
How reliable Buccigross is?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

I trust McKenzie over all others, so I guess Tuesday or Wednesday we'll know. I was hoping for a little earlier (waiting is hard!), but I guess I'll have to hang on.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Firing the coach may have put TB out of the mix. It's probably not as attractive to go to a place that's kind of in shambles.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:27 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Firing the coach may have put TB out of the mix. It's probably not as attractive to go to a place that's kind of in shambles.
I hadn't thought about losing Guy B but it is a very good theory. The other theory was simply that they had just gotten Andrej Sustr.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Helene St. James‏@HeleneStJames

#RedWings confident they are front-runners for UFA D Danny DeKeyser. Should know by mid-week if that's the case.

Helene St. James‏@HeleneStJames

UFA D Danny DeKeyser born in Macomb, went to De LaSalle HS. #RedWings can offer him top-4 minutes, PP time, opp. to play in front of family.
latest news

Old
03-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
latest news
There's a big difference between opportunity and "giving".... All teams will give him the opportunity. Detroit has a spot though with Quincey out. It just makes to much sense. You never know though. Maybe he doesnt want the pressure or maybe he's a closet Nashville fan or something. We shall find out soon enough.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
For all you know it's an Yzerman jersey...
No they said It was'nt an Yzerman Jersey maybe Lidstrom Jersey.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:41 PM
monkeywrench

If I was him I would sign with either nashville too play with Weber or St.Louis too play with Pietro. I would be staying away from Detroit and Edmonton. Although I would be happy if he signed with Edmonton.

Closed Thread