HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Burmistrov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2013, 01:06 PM
  #651
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I'm an admitted detractor and think his talent is a tad overrated. Him being Russian and his first round draft status has cemented his mystique. Some story pops up two years ago which describes him as a 'rink rat' and a relationship with Datsyuk, has grown into many believing he will be a Datsyuk.
Meh I don't think so...

I think he'll fall anywhere between Kesler and Sutter IMO... He's already pretty much at Sutter's level.

He's also statistically at par what that pick becomes on average looking at the ___ seasons (grind did the chances of becoming a legit top6 relative to draft position)

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:09 PM
  #652
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
I don't think he'll be Datsyuk but have you seen his numbers when he was younger, he didn't really light it up until he was 25-26 years old?

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:21 PM
  #653
Jet
GO JETS GO!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,543
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I am honored you found my photoshop 'genius'

__________________
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:52 PM
  #654
King Woodballs
Registered User
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,163
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I am honored you found my photoshop 'genius'
You know what
I googled gary lawless and this came up on here
I didnt search the board specifically


Last edited by King Woodballs: 03-23-2013 at 03:39 PM.
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
  #655
Jet
GO JETS GO!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,543
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Tou know what
I googled gary lawless and this came up on here
I didnt search the board specifically
Haha nice. Well I'm glad I have some sort of legacy on HF Boards.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:13 PM
  #656
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
So random stats/facts guessing time...

While the Jets' were out-chanced in both games versus Washington, one player's out-chancing stat on average improved...

In fact, he did well enough to push Thorburn, Cormier, and Tangradi into the positives during their limited time with him...

In fact, the Jets' have their best scoring chances differential when this person is on the ice, more than any other player on the team...

Name that player.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
  #657
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"
 
Duke749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Country: Scotland
Posts: 29,291
vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
So random stats/facts guessing time...

While the Jets' were out-chanced in both games versus Washington, one player's out-chancing stat on average improved...

In fact, he did well enough to push Thorburn, Cormier, and Tangradi into the positives during their limited time with him...

In fact, the Jets' have their best scoring chances differential when this person is on the ice, more than any other player on the team...

Name that player.
Meh, you're probably just twisting the "facts" to suit your argument...

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
  #658
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Meh, you're probably just twisting the "facts" to suit your argument...
lol

I'm not twisting anything, but I could be wrong in what I'm reading out of the numbers...

It could be due to Thorburn, who is a positive possession player for the first time in his career...

Or, it could be due Tangradi or Cormier... Both players who have been fighting to be NHL caliber for many years (albeit I like Cormier)

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
  #659
Gm0ney
Wet roads cause rain
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
So random stats/facts guessing time...

While the Jets' were out-chanced in both games versus Washington, one player's out-chancing stat on average improved...

In fact, he did well enough to push Thorburn, Cormier, and Tangradi into the positives during their limited time with him...

In fact, the Jets' have their best scoring chances differential when this person is on the ice, more than any other player on the team...

Name that player.
Jokinen! Now what do I win?

Of course the real answer begins with a "B" and ends with an "urmistrov".

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
  #660
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
To be fair, it's only 27 minute sample. Really hoping he gets a shot with Kane and his play keeps up.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:37 PM
  #661
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Jokinen! Now what do I win?

Of course the real answer begins with a "B" and ends with an "urmistrov".
How'd you know it was Jokinen!!! hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
To be fair, it's only 27 minute sample. Really hoping he gets a shot with Kane and his play keeps up.
Not exactly...
I'm using the players season's averages.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:41 PM
  #662
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"
 
Duke749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Country: Scotland
Posts: 29,291
vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
He played 14 seasons in the NHL. I think him saying to be patient holds some weight.
Healy said that? Oh lord.... I might have to rethink my priorities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
There was a thread on the Flyers board regarding converting Coutourier into a defenseman, might be something to consider with regards to Burmi. He is a good defensive player but his offence is almost non-existant and he hasn't really developed a shot. Does anyone here ever really feel like a goal is about to be scored when Burmi has the puck in the offensive zone?
That is a horrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
So, who thinks Burmi should be benched again? Seems we were playing our best hockey WITHOUT him....
We should probably also move Enstrom as well. Maye Ottawa should move Karlsson too since they're still winning so much without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Last year Kadri was a career AHL'er according to most...
Shows you gotta have a little patience with these youngsters. They're not going to come in and just play lights out. It takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I'm an admitted detractor and think his talent is a tad overrated. Him being Russian and his first round draft status has cemented his mystique. Some story pops up two years ago which describes him as a 'rink rat' and a relationship with Datsyuk, has grown into many believing he will be a Datsyuk.
Idk, I think only a handful of people really took that seriously. In his rookie year Dats wasn't the guy that he reminded people of. Defensive side maybe, but offensively his style is different and he plays differently. The only reason there might be "mystique" there is because of his stick handling. You see him do something impressive with the puck and people think there's a ton of potential there, and there might be. It'll just take time.

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:44 PM
  #663
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"
 
Duke749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Country: Scotland
Posts: 29,291
vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
lol

I'm not twisting anything, but I could be wrong in what I'm reading out of the numbers...

It could be due to Thorburn, who is a positive possession player for the first time in his career...

Or, it could be due Tangradi or Cormier... Both players who have been fighting to be NHL caliber for many years (albeit I like Cormier)
I'm just ****ing with you. I was being completely sarcastic.

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:46 PM
  #664
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I'm just ****ing with you. I was being completely sarcastic.
I wasn't 100% sure but you still got me haahah ohhhh youuu

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
  #665
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,118
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
So random stats/facts guessing time...

While the Jets' were out-chanced in both games versus Washington, one player's out-chancing stat on average improved...

In fact, he did well enough to push Thorburn, Cormier, and Tangradi into the positives during their limited time with him...

In fact, the Jets' have their best scoring chances differential when this person is on the ice, more than any other player on the team...

Name that player.
but did not translate to production though. Wish he could just start potting points...frustrating lol

I do like your stats though.

tacogeoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:00 PM
  #666
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 9,549
vCash: 830
Not sure why you guys are ripping Lawless here; it was Hnidy and Wazny that were critiquing Burmistrov's game on the occasional past 1290 pregame/postgame show, not Lawless. Heck, even one or more of the Illegal Curve guys today suggested that the team might be interested in moving him based upon talk they'd heard recently in the pressbox. Just sayin'.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
  #667
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
but did not translate to production though. Wish he could just start potting points...frustrating lol

I do like your stats though.
Oh I agree...

His offensive zone decision-making can fluster me and causes the play to stay on the perimeter sometimes too much...

The good news is he had two great scoring chances last game from driving to the net and one of them was robbed and one of them he drove in too fast hahaha...

That said, only when Jokinen, Thorburn and Wright are on the ice, do the Jets score on less shots... so some MAY be do to bad bounces. Two very key words in some and may haha.

EDIT:
IMO, Burmistrov will never be an offensive "force", which I'm fine with because I think Scheifele and Kane can be those guys. What I think Burmistrov is good at doing is tilting the ice in the Jets favour. Next season I would love to see Kane-Scheifele-Burmistrov... I think there could be a lot of success with those three youngins on the second line.


Last edited by garret9: 03-23-2013 at 08:22 PM.
garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:15 AM
  #668
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
So random stats/facts guessing time...

While the Jets' were out-chanced in both games versus Washington, one player's out-chancing stat on average improved...

In fact, he did well enough to push Thorburn, Cormier, and Tangradi into the positives during their limited time with him...

In fact, the Jets' have their best scoring chances differential when this person is on the ice, more than any other player on the team...

Name that player.
And this was pretty obvious from watching the games... see my previous posts. Thanks for posting the statistical evidence.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
  #669
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,050
vCash: 69
#PPLAYERGAP+/-PNPIMTOISHFAVGPPSHEVSA/BMSHTGVTKBSFWFLF%
8CBURMISTROV, ALEXANDER   -1  15:00180:501:252:1511:2021 3  14357
22RTHORBURN, CHRIS   -2128:03130:370:000:008:03  13   010
27CTANGRADI, ERIC   -1  12:47150:510:590:0011:4811 3      

Can't remember the last time the 4th line got that many minutes.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:16 AM
  #670
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
#PPLAYERGAP+/-PNPIMTOISHFAVGPPSHEVSA/BMSHTGVTKBSFWFLF%
8CBURMISTROV, ALEXANDER   -1  15:00180:501:252:1511:2021 3  14357
22RTHORBURN, CHRIS   -2128:03130:370:000:008:03  13   010
27CTANGRADI, ERIC   -1  12:47150:510:590:0011:4811 3      

Can't remember the last time the 4th line got that many minutes.
That's an important point. With Burmistrov the 4th line was actually functional, spent time in the offensive zone, and created opportunities. To me, it looks like he actually elevates the effectiveness of those he plays with.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:19 AM
  #671
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
#PPLAYERGAP+/-PNPIMTOISHFAVGPPSHEVSA/BMSHTGVTKBSFWFLF%
8CBURMISTROV, ALEXANDER   -1  15:00180:501:252:1511:2021 3  14357
22RTHORBURN, CHRIS   -2128:03130:370:000:008:03  13   010
27CTANGRADI, ERIC   -1  12:47150:510:590:0011:4811 3      

Can't remember the last time the 4th line got that many minutes.
The fourth line was Cormier-Burmi-Tangradi. And it might have been the third line.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 PM
  #672
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
I don't like Noel and the way he doesn't seem to care about handedness. Putting a natural center on his off wing is putting him in a position to fail.

I'm much more of a fan of Oates and Juliens systems with Washington and Boston. 4 Left shooting left wings. 4 right shooting RWs. Two left shooting centers. Two right shooting centers. All the Dmen on those teams play their correct side.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:39 PM
  #673
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
So random stats/facts guessing time...

While the Jets' were out-chanced in both games versus Washington, one player's out-chancing stat on average improved...

In fact, he did well enough to push Thorburn, Cormier, and Tangradi into the positives during their limited time with him...

In fact, the Jets' have their best scoring chances differential when this person is on the ice, more than any other player on the team...

Name that player.
I have no doubt the player you talking about is Jokinen. Guided by brilliant Noel's advice off course

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #674
Jet
GO JETS GO!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,543
vCash: 50
Here's a FACT about Burmistrov that people cannot deny.

15 minutes.

That says A LOT about the player. For all his warts and inconsistencies, he is a 20 year old player that got 15 minutes of ice time.

Coaches do not play players they don't trust or think will help the team win for 15 minutes.

I am starting to worry however that his offensive game is not going to develop to the extent that we thought it might. I really expected more from him upon his return to the lineup.

I still think he will end up being a very valuable player for us, but I was hoping for a dynamic 2 way player and I'm starting to wonder if that will happen.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:54 PM
  #675
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"
 
Duke749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Country: Scotland
Posts: 29,291
vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I don't like Noel and the way he doesn't seem to care about handedness. Putting a natural center on his off wing is putting him in a position to fail.

I'm much more of a fan of Oates and Juliens systems with Washington and Boston. 4 Left shooting left wings. 4 right shooting RWs. Two left shooting centers. Two right shooting centers. All the Dmen on those teams play their correct side.
So it's the coaches fault that we don't have the right handed ness players? What is he supposed to trade for guys now?

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.