HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XI - Winter... I mean...Deadline approaching

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
  #451
BeLeaf1331
Leaf Syndrome
 
BeLeaf1331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Lol how many times have we heard this one
Eklunds an ollll' joker that one. haha

BeLeaf1331 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:21 PM
  #452
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
If we're giving up some of the organization's top young assets then it should be for a defenseman or a goaltender. The Leafs are something like 6th in the NHL in goals scored. Their problem isn't scoring, it's keeping the puck out their own net.
Yeah, this.

Like I said, I wouldn't say we're loaded at the wings to the point where you turn down an opportunity to improve them, but if we're going to be giving up a significant amount of assets, then there are greater problems that should be resolved first.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:22 PM
  #453
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1771 View Post
eriksson hasnt ever scored less then 26, and was once a 36 goal scorer. so with that same logic eriksson could produce 40. i like loui, but i dont see the stars selling if their in the playoff hunt.
He did play with Richards. Thats why his numbers are even comparable to PK

Duffman955 is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:23 PM
  #454
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
Eklunds an ollll' joker that one. haha
Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me 12,232 times, shame on the internet for allowing this garbage for being allowed

BertCorbeau is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:26 PM
  #455
N4Z3M LUPUL
Registered User
 
N4Z3M LUPUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
He did play with Richards. Thats why his numbers are even comparable to PK
lol trying to be all smart failing to notice he played with richards, ah well, PK obviously could do good with anyone that can pass the puck, even if we had rebeiro he'd be 40 +,

N4Z3M LUPUL is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:26 PM
  #456
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
Likewise.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:30 PM
  #457
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,726
vCash: 500
Ranger have Stu Bickel on waivers Right handed D., may be a fill in for Liles.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search

Showed he cleared waivers an hour and a half ago.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Budsfan is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:36 PM
  #458
Revolt
Registered User
 
Revolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Did you happen to notice that Grabo and Mclem are doing just fine in the dot?

Boz has a 2.3% FO edge on Grabo.

To put it in context if Grabo had as many FOs as Boz he would have only lost 17 more then Boz at 722 attempts.
Did you happen to go look through all those stats to see who Grabo is winning the face-offs against?

Without even looking at stats, logic suggests that Bozak takes faceoffs against the opposing teams best faceoff men because he is used in almost every important defensive zone faceoff....especially on the PK.

So if Grabovski is a 50% face-off man but 75% of those face-offs are won against players that are 40%-45% face-off men, and bozak wins 52% of his face-offs (Or whatever you said it was at) but is winning it against hte opposing teams best faceoff men (Bergeron, Crosby, etc) then would logic not suggest that you can't just throw grabovski into that scenario and expect him to win just as many as Bozak. If that were the case, then Carlyle wouldn't rely so heavily on using Bozak.

He is the best on our team, period.

There's way to many people selling Bozak so short of what he means to this team. Like trading him for a first round pick and weakening our team for THIS season. Or how some people are so easily willing to give him up because he isn't producing like a first line center. News flash, he is not a first line center. He has been thrust into that role and he's doing what he can with it. It's up to management to find a legit first line center, or keep riding it out with what we have and hope Kadri emerges as a bonafide PPG #1 Center year in and year out.

Those same ppl are also the one's whining about how this team hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years. I realize he's a UFA and if he demands too much money he COULD walk, but theres also a chance we are able to keep him. And if we don't then we have the cap space to go out and sign a 3rd line center that has similar attributes to what Bozak brings to the table.

It's ludicrous to think you can just throw someone into the faceoff dot with so much on the line (Like you are saying with Grabovski) and expect him to succeed. Stats don't always tell the whole story.


Last edited by Revolt: 03-24-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Revolt is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:37 PM
  #459
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,825
vCash: 500
theres probably a reason why hes on waivers

p.l.f. is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:38 PM
  #460
Asif16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
Reports say that Iginla has submitted a list of 4 teams he will accept a trade too. The 4 teams are Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...d-ok-trade-to/

Safe to say, the iginla sweepstakes has begun

Asif16* is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:41 PM
  #461
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,825
vCash: 500
this was eklund march 20th rumor:

With yesterday's call up of Jake Gardiner and as is being reported today, Komisarek accepting to waive his no movement clause and either get traded or be moved to the minors, along with several rumors I am hearing of discussions the Leafs are having with Chicago about a forward and Dallas (regarding Derek Roy).... I would not be surprised if the next big move in the NHL came out of Ontario.

p.l.f. is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
  #462
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
Nice response. Way to argue against my point..

Not deliberately trying to attack you, you just make a tonne of idiotic statements.
Your post did not warrent a better responce.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
  #463
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
theres probably a reason why hes on waivers
More than likely but he probably could have filled in for Liles while he recovers from the sprained ankle.

6'.4" right handed Defencemen are fairly rare but I would guess they will recall Holzer, evidently Komisarek is injured already and I guess we have enough D playing on the Marlies and likely a full number of roster spots are taken.

Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby

Mike Komisarek has knee injury, sidelining him today @ Peoria. Should play next week. G Mark Owuya up after Jussi Rynnas sprained ankle Sat.


Last edited by Budsfan: 03-24-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Budsfan is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:49 PM
  #464
BeLeaf1331
Leaf Syndrome
 
BeLeaf1331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Your post did not warrent a better responce.
Warrant* a better response*. Did you go to school?

BeLeaf1331 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:50 PM
  #465
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
When is this gonna stop Komarov is like Kulemin; hes useful in the dot and has the strength to be effective, but he has stated he wants to play on the wing. Hes made the conversion and won't be played at C, so making a move and expecting him to play down the middle won't work.

And yes, secondary scoring is the difference between making the playoffs, and missing out. Trading one of Mac, Grabo, or Boz is acceptable because we have considerable depth down the pipeline, but if you think any player in our Marlies will replace the void left by Bozak AND Mac, without hurting our already fragile offense, you are wrong.

Why not trade Lupul while we're at it? After all, we have Ashton in the minors!
UMMM What? I don't have Kamo down the middle.

And stop trying to add things to my point of view that i have not stated.

I did not call for the trading of Grabo nor Lups.

We sit 6th in the league for goals scored, this is what you term fagile?

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  #466
dimi78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
If we're giving up some of the organization's top young assets then it should be for a defenseman or a goaltender. The Leafs are something like 6th in the NHL in goals scored. Their problem isn't scoring, it's keeping the puck out their own net.
Not that an upgrade in these 2 positions would hurt but I think with a little more patience IMO the organization has these 2 positions filled if we let some growth take place.

X's and O's wise I think the big issue this team has defensively isn't even in the defensive zone, it's the lack of a consistent cycle game on the offense that still hurts this team.

If we notice it's the 2nd period with the long change that is the worst period for the Leafs and it's because they get caught in long shifts due to not controlling the game in the offensive zone to be able to make clean changes that causes this hemming in the defensive zone.

The Leafs are very much an opportunistic team at the moment and speaks loud and clear that scoring depth is a strong point of the team, they need to improve the cycle game especially the top line and start to be a team that controls the game forcing the other teams play more in the defensive end. This will improve the team defensively.

dimi78 is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  #467
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
Did you happen to go look through all those stats to see who Grabo is winning the face-offs against?

Without even looking at stats, logic suggests that Bozak takes faceoffs against the opposing teams best faceoff men because he is used in almost every important defensive zone faceoff....especially on the PK.

So if Grabovski is a 50% face-off man but 75% of those face-offs are won against players that are 40%-45% face-off men, and bozak wins 52% of his face-offs (Or whatever you said it was at) but is winning it against hte opposing teams best faceoff men (Bergeron, Crosby, etc) then would logic not suggest that you can't just throw grabovski into that scenario and expect him to win just as many as Bozak. If that were the case, then Carlyle wouldn't rely so heavily on using Bozak.

He is the best on our team, period.

There's way to many people selling Bozak so short of what he means to this team. Like trading him for a first round pick and weakening our team for THIS season. Or how some people are so easily willing to give him up because he isn't producing like a first line center. News flash, he is not a first line center. He has been thrust into that role and he's doing what he can with it. It's up to management to find a legit first line center, or keep riding it out with what we have and hope Kadri emerges as a bonafide PPG #1 Center year in and year out.

Those same ppl are also the one's whining about how this team hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years. I realize he's a UFA and if he demands too much money he COULD walk, but theres also a chance we are able to keep him. And if we don't then we have the cap space to go out and sign a 3rd line center that has similar attributes to what Bozak brings to the table.

It's ludicrous to think you can just throw someone into the faceoff dot with so much on the line (Like you are saying with Grabovski) and expect him to succeed. Stats don't always tell the whole story.
Uh, Gabovski would actually be taking the face-off's against those guys, since he plays against the opposing teams top lines.

So yeah... so much for that argument.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:00 PM
  #468
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
Did you happen to go look through all those stats to see who Grabo is winning the face-offs against?

Without even looking at stats, logic suggests that Bozak takes faceoffs against the opposing teams best faceoff men because he is used in almost every important defensive zone faceoff....especially on the PK.

So if Grabovski is a 50% face-off man but 75% of those face-offs are won against players that are 40%-45% face-off men, and bozak wins 52% of his face-offs (Or whatever you said it was at) but is winning it against hte opposing teams best faceoff men (Bergeron, Crosby, etc) then would logic not suggest that you can't just throw grabovski into that scenario and expect him to win just as many as Bozak. If that were the case, then Carlyle wouldn't rely so heavily on using Bozak.

He is the best on our team, period.

There's way to many people selling Bozak so short of what he means to this team. Like trading him for a first round pick and weakening our team for THIS season. Or how some people are so easily willing to give him up because he isn't producing like a first line center. News flash, he is not a first line center. He has been thrust into that role and he's doing what he can with it. It's up to management to find a legit first line center, or keep riding it out with what we have and hope Kadri emerges as a bonafide PPG #1 Center year in and year out.

Those same ppl are also the one's whining about how this team hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years. I realize he's a UFA and if he demands too much money he COULD walk, but theres also a chance we are able to keep him. And if we don't then we have the cap space to go out and sign a 3rd line center that has similar attributes to what Bozak brings to the table.

It's ludicrous to think you can just throw someone into the faceoff dot with so much on the line (Like you are saying with Grabovski) and expect him to succeed. Stats don't always tell the whole story.
Fine, don't like Grabo toss in McLem.

This over hype ,over blow importance to Boz in the dot weighed against what we have for other options is verging on sad comedy, really it is.

You all sound like a bunch of desperate children being told Christmas morning MIGHT be delayed 1 day because grandma and grandpa are snowed in.

Sad really.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:01 PM
  #469
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Reports say that Iginla has submitted a list of 4 teams he will accept a trade too. The 4 teams are Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...d-ok-trade-to/

Safe to say, the iginla sweepstakes has begun
Safe to say Iggy has not anointed us a cup contender either.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:01 PM
  #470
GenericFan2*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
UMMM What? I don't have Kamo down the middle.

And stop trying to add things to my point of view that i have not stated.

I did not call for the trading of Grabo nor Lups.

We sit 6th in the league for goals scored, this is what you term fagile?
We are also bottom 5 in shots for and are outshot by a WIDE margin game in, game out (have some of the most shots against, too). Take away Mac and Bozak, now our #1 C and 2nd/3rd line winger are gone and will have to be replaced by AHL players.

GenericFan2* is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:05 PM
  #471
BeLeaf1331
Leaf Syndrome
 
BeLeaf1331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Fine, don't like Grabo toss in McLem.

This over hype ,over blow importance to Boz in the dot weighed against what we have for other options is verging on sad comedy, really it is.

You all sound like a bunch of desperate children being told Christmas morning MIGHT be delayed 1 day because grandma and grandpa are snowed in.

Sad really.


All of the leaf board apparently ^

BeLeaf1331 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:06 PM
  #472
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
Did you happen to go look through all those stats to see who Grabo is winning the face-offs against?

Without even looking at stats, logic suggests that Bozak takes faceoffs against the opposing teams best faceoff men because he is used in almost every important defensive zone faceoff....especially on the PK.

So if Grabovski is a 50% face-off man but 75% of those face-offs are won against players that are 40%-45% face-off men, and bozak wins 52% of his face-offs (Or whatever you said it was at) but is winning it against hte opposing teams best faceoff men (Bergeron, Crosby, etc) then would logic not suggest that you can't just throw grabovski into that scenario and expect him to win just as many as Bozak. If that were the case, then Carlyle wouldn't rely so heavily on using Bozak.

He is the best on our team, period.

There's way to many people selling Bozak so short of what he means to this team. Like trading him for a first round pick and weakening our team for THIS season. Or how some people are so easily willing to give him up because he isn't producing like a first line center. News flash, he is not a first line center. He has been thrust into that role and he's doing what he can with it. It's up to management to find a legit first line center, or keep riding it out with what we have and hope Kadri emerges as a bonafide PPG #1 Center year in and year out.

Those same ppl are also the one's whining about how this team hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years. I realize he's a UFA and if he demands too much money he COULD walk, but theres also a chance we are able to keep him. And if we don't then we have the cap space to go out and sign a 3rd line center that has similar attributes to what Bozak brings to the table.

It's ludicrous to think you can just throw someone into the faceoff dot with so much on the line (Like you are saying with Grabovski) and expect him to succeed. Stats don't always tell the whole story.

we would be making our team better not weaker...

Kadri is an upgrade over Bozak as the 1 #C

Grabo has always thrived in the #2 slot

McClement is an upgrade over Grabo in a defensive shut down role in the #3 spot

Kadri, Grabo, McClement + 1st >>>>>>>> Bozak, Kadri, Grabo

PLUS we gain a 1st +!!!

WIN WIN


Last edited by Rockinz: 03-24-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Rockinz is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:07 PM
  #473
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me 12,232 times, shame on the internet for allowing this garbage for being allowed
lol... if the days of free-speeh were over and content-controls were more strictly enforced in NA I highly doubt they'd start at a hockey rumour spreader.

Just don't use his site.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:12 PM
  #474
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown
 
Hick Leafs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,053
vCash: 500
Talked to quite a few sources today who are talking about an off the record deal...best way to describe it..."A player once thought would NEVER be moved looks to be quietly in play...."

another called it a "trade that would be heard worldwide..."

Stay tuned...

Updating rumor chart in a few..

I know its eklund, im not saying its going to happen, but he was right on the richards thing right after the jeff carter trade...who knows

Hick Leafs Fan is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:13 PM
  #475
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
We are also bottom 5 in shots for and are outshot by a WIDE margin game in, game out (have some of the most shots against, too). Take away Mac and Bozak, now our #1 C and 2nd/3rd line winger are gone and will have to be replaced by AHL players.
There slotted role on the team will not have to be replaced by AHLs

Just 2 4th line roles.

Kamo can slot into the 3rd line wing, where has has done fine this year and we have Grabo playing 2nd line C, McLem 3rd line C, and Kadri #1c. Still don't see what the fussing is about.


Hamilton,Ashton,D'Amigo can fill in wing depth and Colb,Ziggy,Conn can fill in 4th line depth.

Faltorvo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.