Thoughts on Julien's benching...

Old
03-24-2013, 12:32 PM
unifiedtheory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
Paille on the second line??

I think were in more trouble than we all thought.
I'd argue that outside of Seguin, Bergy, Krejci and Marchand he's been our best forward. He has moved up via merit. Players need too see that hard work gets rewarded and laziness gets punished.

I like the moves today with the exception of one. Nathan Horton should have been in Merlot.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:34 PM
unifiedtheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by j44thor View Post
Would like to see Krejci with Looch and Seguin. That would be similar to the Savard/Kessel/Looch line that used to dominate. Krejci needs someone that can snipe and Looch would create space for Seguin and Krejci. Plus Seguin would force Looch and Krejci to pick up the pace.
It should have been left together when Lucic was playing well.

I want to see that together but not right now. Milan Lucic needs a kick in the ass. Putting him with our two best playmakers is a reward.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Dr Quincy

I'm not at all against reconfiguring the lines, but I think the danger is that it gives a temporary goose but may hide bigger problems for a week or 2. When/if the new lines stop working (assuming they do at all), is it too late to make a move that would really matter?

IMO they should be in heavily on Iginla.

Secondary names I'd look at:

Fleishmann
Pominville
Briere
Hedjuk

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:09 PM
AustinBruins

These are the lines I'd like to see:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin (Is Claude just stubborn? This line scored in the first 30 seconds he rolled it out this year and always looks balanced AND dangerous).

Marchand - Bergeron - Horton (Bergy and March have the chemistry. When Segs is out there, I see one or two OMG passes from him a game and they *never* seem to pay off).

Paille - Spooner - Peverly - Paille has been great lately, one of the only guys that seems to be able to dictate play when he is on the ice right now. I'd love to see what kind of game Spooner can display if he has somebody actually putting pressure on the D and creating opportunities).

Caron - Campbell - Thorton (Caron is a big body and seems to make most of his negligible impact playing defensive, cautionary hockey. Keep him with the grinders).

AustinBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
It should have been left together when Lucic was playing well.

I want to see that together but not right now. Milan Lucic needs a kick in the ass. Putting him with our two best playmakers is a reward.
The reason he doesn't go to the Bergeron line is; Bergeron doesn't need the muscle. He needs the speed. 3rd line has been manhandled all year and cannot generate offense.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

People hating Paille on the second line clearly need to watch his effort level a bit more. He's one of the few guys giving 100% all the time, and his engine is always going. I'm all for it. Maybe he lights a fire under Lucic. Watch someone earn his money Looch.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:56 PM
mashmont

I wasn't saying that Paille does not try. He brings it every night.

I'm saying that Paille is not a Second line winger.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
I wasn't saying that Paille does not try. He brings it every night.

I'm saying that Paille is not a Second line winger.
According to what though? He gets a little over 11 minutes of TOI per game, and has more goals than Lucic and Pev, and is tied for 6th on the team. Krejci has 1 more goal than him, Horton 2. And those guys get PP minutes and tons more ice time.

Pascal Dupuis was a 10 goal per year type player before being a throw-in given to the Pens. Now he's an 18-25g guy, and it happend late in his career because he was put on decent lines. I don't think anyone know's Paille's ceiling, particularly if he tries this hard. I wouldn't love him staying on line 2 for a whole year, but I certainly couldn't tell you if he could or couldn't get 20 goals from that spot. He's done 6 with almost no ice time...

Last edited by RedeyeRocketeer: 03-24-2013 at 04:44 PM.
RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

I'm all for Paille on a 2nd or 3rd line. But only as a temporary thing. Paille is not a top six (maybe even nine) guy on a team that has the Cup in mind. I love the guy but he's just not.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:02 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
So Julien admits that Spooner played well between Lucic and Horton, but struggled on the 3rd line (with the great pandolfo). So whywhywhy did he only get one chance in that role???? With the LKH line struggling, and he has now broken them up, why didnt he give Spooner more opportunity in that line?? And krejci might have been exactly what Peverley needed. Why not give that a try before sending Spooner back to providence??

Oh right.. because.. pandolfo.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

First it was Bourque, now it's Pandolfo. Not sure why he's playing. Also, why bring up Caron if you're only going to give him less than 10 minutes per game? At this point Julien should bench Lucic - at the very least.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:31 PM
thornton22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinBruins View Post
These are the lines I'd like to see:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin (Is Claude just stubborn? This line scored in the first 30 seconds he rolled it out this year and always looks balanced AND dangerous).

Marchand - Bergeron - Horton (Bergy and March have the chemistry. When Segs is out there, I see one or two OMG passes from him a game and they *never* seem to pay off).

Paille - Spooner - Peverly - Paille has been great lately, one of the only guys that seems to be able to dictate play when he is on the ice right now. I'd love to see what kind of game Spooner can display if he has somebody actually putting pressure on the D and creating opportunities).

Caron - Campbell - Thorton (Caron is a big body and seems to make most of his negligible impact playing defensive, cautionary hockey. Keep him with the grinders).
I'd switch Horton and Paille but otherwise I really like this.

thornton22 is offline   Reply With Quote